what happened to Dave Camirillo's tattoo?

Just watched Renzo Gracie Legacy, and they show how Dave Camarillo had a huge Ralph Gracie Academy tattoo on his lower back. He mentions in the documentary he is going to remove it...did he really remove it?

Anyone know as well why BJ moved to Nova Uniao from Ralph Gracie? Ralph's students always do pretty well at the Mundials, so wonder what made BJ leave at that point. If he left to train full time at Nova Uniao in Brazil, could he not have done the same at Ralph's academy which he was doing anyway, and if in Brazil, why not train with Gracie Barra in Rio then?

Gossip much?

Guessing it was a personality clash with Ralph (if the rumors are correct about him). If he had a problem with Ralph he more then likely wouldnt go to Gracie Barra because thats Ralphs home school.

Love to hear BJ's side of the story... Was interesting to read Dave Camarillo's!

JJK - Love to hear BJ's side of the story... Was interesting to read Dave Camarillo's!

where did you read that?

Dave Camarillo talks at length about his difference in opinions so to speak with Ralph Gracie in his book, Guerrilla Jiujitsu! Great book, entertaining read and excellent techniques. Looking forward to the closed guard book that Dave and BJ are doing together at the moment!!!

Side question - why is it in BJ Penn's other book he doesn't mention Nova Uniao or anything about them? Also, on his website there is almost no mention of NU. Has he left the team?

very ghey tattoo. Who would have a tattoo of another mans' name on their back - and in the tramp stamp position

It was the team logo....alot of people do it (I personally wouldnt)

thebasher - very ghey tattoo. Who would have a tattoo of another mans' name on their back - and in the tramp stamp position

LOL!!! :-)

what a stupid thread.

New Jersey License Plate, IMO

When Dave was at AKA they had the best tandem of coaches in the game!

Lol

12 years later and we still don’t know what happened to the damn tattoo?

I heard that after Ralph knocked out Flavio’s teeth, Ralph and the Tattoo absconded to Brazil until the heat died down. They came back to the US, and Ralph entered a plea bargain that delivered the tattoo to the authorities. The tattoo caught the whole wrap, and is now locked up in San Quentin, and we likely won’t see it for another 10 years.

2 Likes

Why did BJ leave Ralphs?

Because he was tapping Ralph left and right lol

1 Like

The tattoo is still there last I rolled with him.

I saw Nino tap Ralph

2 Likes