What is Khabib's Wrestling Level?

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 

He's definitely as good as the he best NCAA D1 wrestlers currently at his weight. There's a video of him absolutely toying with the #1 ranked 152lb highschooler in the country.

Saw this video, the young NCAA D1 guy, had nothing for him & I think Khabib hit with something the young lad had never seen before.

UFC Champ level.

Paul Thatcher -

He's definitely as good as the he best NCAA D1 wrestlers currently at his weight. There's a video of him absolutely toying with the #1 ranked 152lb highschooler in the country.

Saw this video, the young NCAA D1 guy, had nothing for him & I think Khabib hit with something the young lad had never seen before.

i would not put too much stock into that video…

too many variables to make it more than a one off big brother training scenario…

http://youtu.be/3mSKJK1aXmQ

1 Like
LJB -
Paul Thatcher -

too many variables to make it more than a one off big brother training scenario…

Sure, but Chase was still the #1 152lb highschooler in the country, at the time of that video.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
LJB -
Paul Thatcher -

Sure, but Chase was still the #1 152lb highschooler in the country, at the time of that video.

No doubt, but, still just a kid in a practice environment with a full grown man who has a rep…

practice room is just that…

1 Like
LJB -
LJB -
Paul Thatcher -

No doubt, but, still just a kid in a practice environment with a full grown man who has a rep…

Give that kid 4 years and see whats up. Also I remember something about an illegal grip? 

Khabibs grappling is directly tuned for mma. His cage takedowns and leg control are not found in any wrestling. This is why some top guys get stuck with double legs on the cage and can’t finish and others finish at will. Depends how you adapt your skills. The top pressure khabib puts on guys while controlling their legs isn’t traditional wrestling either for the most part. Easy pin/back points if you ever get a guy near that point. We don’t really know how good khabib is in a pure free match. Don’t think it really matters 

Paul Thatcher - 

Yeah he hit him with something I believe is called a “rear naked choke”

Much wrestling!

Bend The Knee -

Jordan Burroughs would kill him. 

Id put my money on Askren in pure wrestling

Jordan’s weight is 8lbs heavier than Khabib’s…

Bend The Knee -
LJB -
LJB -
Paul Thatcher -

Give that kid 4 years and see whats up. Also I remember something about an illegal grip? 

well, duh… 

in 4 years after training in a D1 room with other killers and becoming a man in his physical prime… sure it will be a different story…

which was my point to begin with…

and there is no illegal grip in MMA wrestling "practice"

Stu Cazzo -
Bend The Knee -

Jordan Burroughs would kill him. 

Id put my money on Askren in pure wrestling

Jordan’s weight is 8lbs heavier than Khabib’s…

Is comp weight yes. But Khabib cuts a ton to make 155. I could see them being pretty close in weight

LJB -
Bend The Knee -
LJB -
LJB -
Paul Thatcher -

well, duh… 

in 4 years after training in a D1 room with other killers and becoming a man in his physical prime… sure it will be a different story…

Its more the strength factor, wouldn’t you say?

Also I mean in terms of grip, if that kid isn't used to it, wouldn't you say it plays a factor? Or not really? 

Bend The Knee -
LJB -
Bend The Knee -
LJB -
LJB -
Paul Thatcher -

well, duh… 

Its more the strength factor, wouldn’t you say?

Also I mean in terms of grip, if that kid isn't used to it, wouldn't you say it plays a factor? Or not really? 

strength is a huge factor...

and just the fact that being a grown man against a kid... the mental differences in how they approach every situation is going to lead to the kid getting big brothered...

that is nothing against the kid... it is just the way it is...

it ism one the reasons that cael is still the alpha and beats up everyone in the NLWC room... because he is cael, thats why... and we are talking about current world and olympic champions in that room...

There’s a clip of him going at the one of the top HS wrestlers in the country.

He takes him down fairly easily.

He trains with some olympians and all we hear is what a beast he is in training. I think Cormier knows his wrestling, and he is VERY impressed.

I think Khabib is the best wrestler in MMA history. (“MMA wrestler”, that is)

I think if he concentrated on pure free wrestling he’d be an olympian.

hermanitor - I think Khabib is the best wrestler in MMA history. ("MMA wrestler", that is)

if he had a chance, there is every indication that he would gone that route instead of sambo when he was still a kid… 

there were 8 world champs living in his village… everyone there knows who has it and who doesn’t…

he chose the rotue that he had an actual path in and has done very well for himself…

but, thinking he is actual russian olympic caliber purely because he can take down alot of chumps in the UFC is pretty damn ridiculous…

hermanitor - I think Khabib is the best wrestler in MMA history. ("MMA wrestler", that is)

Not for Russia, not for the US.

If you think Khabib could be a free wrestling Olympian from Russia because of the MMA wrestling and grappling you have seen from him then you don't understand the talent pools or rules at hand.

Not about pure wrestling, but Thomson talking about Khabib mma wrestling against Ruth

https://youtu.be/Saiijk1WL2Q?t=3965