What is vitor belfort thinking right now?

Just saw his “workout”

Maybe he is just warming up but he didnt show off any speed at all, or anything past basic punches. Its kinda sad to see a 60ish yr old Holyfield.

1 Like

His head butting muscle memory will talk for him.

1 Like

‘This is the only chance I’ll probably ever get to beat up a senior citizen.’

1 Like

Holyfield on pads ahead of this fight. He’s fucked.

2 Likes

wholly wow i just saw that video. i’m pulling an america in afganistan, i am withdrawing completely from my picks regarding this fight. i was not hear, i did not start this thread. i would still not be surprised to see evander win, but he definitely looked 58. damn, that is sad. but will still be a fun fight to watch jajaja…

1 Like

he looks worse on those pads than cm punk looked even. :frowning:

Evander will always have a headbutters chance to win!

2 Likes

It will look like chuck Tito 4. Belfort lands one punch and it’s over

1 Like

“Dude, where’s my Winstrol?”

2 Likes

I wonder if Vitor will try a big flurry in the first round or try to actually box with Evander. I think Vitor wont be able to handle a power shot from Holyfield, even at his age.

Perhaps, but Vitor will have definite speed advantage with both punches and movement. Holyfield will be so slow, I wouldn’t expect him to land with even close to full power. He will need to take steam off his punches to land on Vitor, else he might just fall to the canvas and break a hip.

^This. And do we have any reason—other than the fact that Holyfield had great power a decade or more ago—that he can credibly deliver anything like that kind of power now? He’s nearly 60 and all recent padwork I’ve seen lacks any indication he’s likely to be able to land with that kind of power, much less on someone vastly quicker. Outside of a polite sparring match (a definite possibility—perhaps even the most likely possibility) I struggle to see anyway Holyfield is likely to come out with a win.

It does look as you say and he’s old. He sounds semiretarded too. But how I know you’ve never thrown a professionally coched punch in your life is because you think he should extend his arms and elbows hitting pads. Fist thing I got taught in boxing was never overextend on bags or pads. To me, he looks like a guy that knows what he’s doing.

So basically California did the right thing, and Florida is gonna Florida.

1 Like

Did you mean to quote me?

I never said Holyfield needed to “extend his arms and elbows.” I just said I didn’t see any reason to believe he can deliver the sort of power he did years ago, which I think is observably correct based on the video and his age. I’ve done enough sparring and watched enough fights over the years to know he looks cumbersome and flat footed, which is fine at almost 60 but not fine if you’re going to fight a mid-40s Belfort.

Short of “playing opossum,” I really can’t think of a reason to deliberately look as lumbering and slow as he does here. And I see no reason to think he’s playing opossum anyway—the guy is, again, nearly 60 and recent vids of him on pads all look like this (including vids from prior to this fight announcement).

Besides, his age and mileage is plenty to cast doubt on his abilities if that’s what he was hoping for, which is why neither Tyson nor RJJ ft any need to play opossum. They looked like killers on the mitts ahead of their fight to convince the audience they “still had it.”

This guy LOOKS 60. Belfort doesn’t. I’m hoping for everybody’s sake that we just get a sparring match and not some sort of alarming KO.

To be fair I don’t think he could have ever been described as articulate at any point.

1 Like

Tyson took MUCH less damage in his career. He was champion in the late 80’s, and lost to Buster Douglas in 1990. He had some “easy” fight (I define easy as ones where he was a big betting favorite and expected to win via KO early) before and after prison, and his Holyfield fights were in 96-97. He didn’t look great back then, but had more easy fights before he got stopped by Lewis and really fell off.

To his credit, he lost a couple fights to guys that weren’t the top of the foodchain and retired immediately. I’ll never forget his interview after the McBride fight. He said something like “If I can’t beat THIS GUY I shouldn’t be fighting anymore” and retired in the ring in 2005.

Compare that to Evander…lost to Lewis in 1999, then had the 3 fights he split with John Ruiz, lost 3 in a row in 2002-2004, won some easy ones, then lost a couple more in 2007/2008, took a few more fights until he retired in 2011. Holyfield is a few years older, and hung around way too long after he was clearly not the same guy. He spent way more time than Mike in there with world champs in their prime and took way more damage.

For a guy who was a HWT champ, Mike really didn’t take a ton of damage in his career. He didn’t have nearly as many wars that went the distance with big punchers as Evander did.

1 Like

very good post. the guy that loves cum so much had a good one too jajaja…

Worst possible outcome, Vitor goes off script a wheel kicks(Rockhold, Terry Etims) him resulting in a possible death…
I love Vitor
And like evander, but Florida gonna Fluuuuriduhh

2 Likes