What’s Max’s Next Move?

He took time to put weight on properly for 155. If he’s gonna fight Topuria next, he’s gotta strip all that off now and probably his power goes with it as he’s never had it at 145.

Still styles make fights, Volk solved Max but perhaps Max’s style is harder for Topuria. He def has the better chin than Volk and won’t be coming off a KO with a quick turn around. We def need to see it and not too much later as Max ain’t a spring chicken as good as he looked against Justin.

If he wants Islam, he prob has to wait until Oct/Nov/Dec? That’s not too bad, I’m sure the UFC will want to make use of the momentum. Max’s TDD is pretty good too for FW, not sure how he does against Islam in that dept.

I’m torn. He is the only strong contender for Topuria right now but earned the shot at Islam too and has some new found power at 155.

3 Likes

Max has hit a new level. His timing and footwork was the best it’s ever been.

FW title shot next for him.

5 Likes

Is Islam vs DP official? If not Max should cut the line and take the shot at 155 in Abu Dhabi in October for the annual Dagi fight night. Several other fights make sense at 145.

Topuria vs Evloev
Topuria vs Sterling
Sterling vs Evloev
Sterling vs Volk

I’d rather see all of these than Holloway immediately move back down after looking so good at 155.

He will taken down and subbed by Islam.

I’d rather see him beat the piss out of Topuria.

2 Likes

Interesting that they offered Islam to Arman knowing that Dustin is the bigger fight. Perhaps merit does still matter lol even though Arman only squeeked by Charles. I wonder if they offered Islam to Max though.

How does Max match up with both too? Max’s range control looked pretty good vs Justin and has more power at 155. Both of those things will serve him well vs Islam and anyone. His TDD has always been good but hasn’t fought a top wrestler for a while.

I’m just worried a cut back down to 145 after taking time to put the weight on for 155 might effect him and may lose his power again?

2 Likes

Sterling at least make some good fresh matchups at FW although he would get smoked by Topuria. But a dominant win vs Kattar earns him some good matchups in the top 5.

Max is the only real big and competitive fight for Topuria I think right now. Just worried about the cut back down and will he lose his power at 155?

1 Like

I agree, but parody is worth more than #1 vs #1 sometimes. Max is in the last leg of his career.

1 Like

As a wise man once said it takes two to tango. Topuria is a perfect opponent and the fight has 0% chance of being boring. Whether the fight goes the distance or ends fast and violently, it will be epic.

People talk about dying in the ring or going all in. These two gladiators walk the walk.

Islam will blanket Max and the fight will suck. Give Max a money fight with Conor after his title fight.

3 Likes

Max probably has only a few more fights as an elite fighter, but he isn’t done. After fighting for a title I say give Max Volk if he wins. If he loses give him the Nate Diaz treatment and give him high dollar exciting fights.

When he starts to get beat up give him a cush broadcasting job

1 Like

I agree his window is limited. Not sure how old he is but he’s had a long career and despite never being dropped and having that Hawaii chin, he’s taken a lotta shots.

Whatever his next fight is, it’s gonna be dope. And someone suggested otherwise maybe he can defend the BMF against Oliveira.

2 Likes

I wonder how much Max weighed Saturday night? If he could keep what he’s added and safely make the cut to 45, that’d be ideal…I just don’t think he can. I remember him having issue before and that one fight being scrapped due to a bad cut

1 Like

He mentioned Topuira himself, so I guess he can still make 145. That’s a REALLY interesting bout,

And Arman should fight Islam next, not Dustin. Makhachev is so inactive. It sucks with such a talented division. Justin lost his deserved shot.

Am I missing something here? Why TF is Poirier getting a title shot after getting KTFO’d in his last fight?

Give it to Max. Imagine the legendary status he would acheive if he beat Makhachev?

I guess you missed ufc 299 playa :joy::joy:

IMG_6880

IMG_6881

1 Like

Ilia

Islam would wreck him

Do you hate max? He would get fucking destroyed.

Arman is next in line for neck beard

Didn’t we just do this? Max is elite, he’s proven it time and time again. One of the best featherweights ever had his number in 3 competitive fights, other than that his career has been flawless. He’s a more interesting fight than Poirier imo