What Was You First Day of BJJ Like?

I was just telling some guys at HK about my first Day of Jiu Jitsu at Relson's place.   I was kinda excited and at the same time a bit anxious.  Most of the guys were cold and not so friendly. (You guys know who you are as I have told you this).

That was then and I can tell you now I consider my BJJ friends to be the most trustworthy group of guys I know.  And the most unfriendly guy I met  is now a good friend of mine.   It's all good!!!!  

First day at my school I wanted to fight with a guy. He kept digging his chin into my arms and rolling really rough. I had some no gi training but not a whole lot. Anyway so I eventually lock him in a knee bar and was about to apply pressure when our teacher yells time.

I then in a joking manner say "man, I almost had you in a knee bar" and he said "you didn't have me in shit".

So I cranked it and he kicked me and every one got upset.

In the end it was my fault because the round had ended and I continued but still, what a fucking ass.

hytbridstudent -  I was just telling some guys at HK about my first Day of Jiu Jitsu at Relson's place.   I was kinda excited and at the same time a bit anxious.  Most of the guys were cold and not so friendly. (You guys know who you are as I have told you this).

That was then and I can tell you now I consider my BJJ friends to be the most trustworthy group of guys I know.  And the most unfriendly guy I met  is now a good friend of mine.   It's all good!!!!  

I'm lost so how was your first day of Bjj all I got was how you have good friends now

NECKCRANK808 - 
hytbridstudent -  I was just telling some guys at HK about my first Day of Jiu Jitsu at Relson's place.   I was kinda excited and at the same time a bit anxious.  Most of the guys were cold and not so friendly. (You guys know who you are as I have told you this).

I'm lost so how was your first day of Bjj all I got was how you have good friends now
Sorry, my bad.  My first day consisted of Relson letting us gi choke him after he showed us the technique.  Him coughing and trying to talk made me laugh.  (not aloud but inside).  After class I rolled with this local chinese purple belt and caught me in an armlock and stretched the shit out of my arm.  (Relson guys know who I'm talking about).  All in all an interesting first day.

She was like "don't worry bby, i take good care of you bby. Jus sit back, i give you good price ok bby..."

errr wait, what???? oh sorry :(

SUBstitude - She was like "don't worry bby, i take good care of you bby. Jus sit back, i give you good price ok bby..."

errr wait, what???? oh sorry :(

LOL!! I just sprayed my keyboard with coffee!!!

The only thing I remember is going straight from my dad's birthday dinner straight to Gracie Aiea
(after being on a waiting list I signed up for @ UH) and seeing a shitload of guys on the mat, um, I mean
carpet @ Rainbow Gymnastics

*reaches for gingko biloba*

Ok seriously, BMFL was like "here let me choke you like this, and let me choke you like that...ok now give me your arm so i can bend it the wrong way, ok now your leg..."

Then says "Y'all come back again now, ya hear?! bwahahaha"

Fugger!

I believe I was a blue belt in Kempo training under Brain Wong at the time.  He realized that my ground game was lacking and I had a huge desire to better it.  Brian mentioned that Kofi and him have been training with Relson for many years and that I was more than welcome to come try it out with them one day.

So I went wearing Brian's white Judo gi top that he lent me for the night and a pair of black Kempo gi pants (yea, i felt retarted).  I was a bit nervous but I still tried rolling with a few different people.  One of which was SoulGrappler.  That guy amazed me as well as pissed me off at the same time.  I mean, c'mon!  I was 185lbs and he was what... 130lbs??  But I couldn't move an inch without getting completely destroyed!  In the six minute round, I think I tapped to 15 different submissions!

That night concluded with:
1) Jiu-Jitsu guys are bad ass!
2) I really suck.
3) Holy crap I need to buy a gi and sign up ASAP!

On my first day, I did the "Double Unders Pass"

sniffs and sheds a tear @ the nostalgia of seeing O2maaksso for the first time

I showed up, died during the shrimping down the mat drills not counting the other warmups. Died doing the armbar drill then got smashed in class by the two head instructors. I stopped after that due to fear of puking on the mat.

o2maaksso - On my first day, I did the "Double Unders Pass"

Say man,  have you been practicing your double unders a lot?  Remember now, keep your head in tight!!!

hytbridstudent - 

Say man,  have you been practicing your double unders a lot?  Remember now, keep your head in tight!!!

I have been, im keeping tight, sometimes i forget the smile with the eye contact.

o2maaksso - 
hytbridstudent - 

I have been, im keeping tight, sometimes i forget the smile with the eye contact.
Yes, u must play tight!!!

it was daytime classes at HK. i remember thinking how scary hytbridstudent looked. but he actually turned out to be friendly. alphadogg was getting ready for pan am 2003 and was shredded.

chef kwon do - it was daytime classes at HK. i remember thinking how scary hytbridstudent looked. but he actually turned out to be friendly. alphadogg was getting ready for pan am 2003 and was shredded.
Surely you can't mean me?   Is this the REAL or should I say the original Chef?

was very uncomfortable. trying to understand what relson wanted you to do with his broken english with out laughing was very hard.

"go between his legs my friend".

"put your toes deep in the collar".

"yes yes my friend, helax".

good times!

Alphadoog hooked me and my buddy up when we first joined the main academy.  He was also the only friendly guy at first.

Been training with him ever since.  Team HK for life.  GANGSTA STYLE!!

pretty much just showed up not knowing anything really. don't remember too much except that i was pretty tired and my neck was sore the whole week after.