What you like/dislike @ MMA shows

ttt

2.Should wieghins be on the same day of the fight?

YES, YES, YES!!! The weigh in should occur not less than one hour before the fight and the fighter has until the fight starts to make weight. If he can't make weight then an alternate fights and the fighter is banned for one year. If you can't make weight you are obviously in the wrong class and should "pick on someone your own size"

If a fighter is a no show he should be banned from any sanctioned event for atleast one year. If the promoter cannot pay the fighter whatever they agreed upon he should not be allowed to promote any fight or be involved in anything for the same period

Promoters who book worked fights. See anything to do with Tony Bonello.

What should the formula look like that could be a guide line for promoters to pay fighters? I know what you are talking about here, it sucks what some Pro's are offered. But then in a sport like this where it's easy to turn pro some pro's aren't even worth the travel money. I say leave pay up to the promoter and fighter/manager to negotiate.

As far as weigh ins being the same day, I know what you are getting at. Cutting weight should be stopped, it's unhealthy, unnatural, and for those that are good at it it's unfair to their opponents.

I have to ommit that for my Joe Winterfelt fight I weighed in at 212, sweated, weighed in at 211. I was supposed to be at 205. Joe weighed in at 204 with clothes on.Joe took the fight even though I was over. Anyway at fight time I was about 225-230. That's the only time I cut weight and it will be my last. I won the fight with ease but kind of felt like crap and I was in the hospital the next day with some strange swollen feet problem that the doc said was an electrolite problem... something that never had happened to me before.

And on a side to that same subject, Tuchscherer said that for his next fight that he has to weigh in the day or night before the fight and has to make weight, THEN he has to weigh in before the fight and cant be more than 10 pounds over. That kind of sounds cool to me although weigh ins two hour before the fight sounds good to me too. Of course the scale can be available to the fighter the whole two days prior to the fight so they can monitor their weight.

I was over for my fight, it wasn't a title fight, but some credit needs to go to Joe Winterfelt for taking the fight anyway. I don't know if the fine should be a year suspension but if the fight goes on there could be other stipulations, like a pay cut. If the fight is cancelled because of weight problems the penalty should be stiffer but a year suspension is pretty high.... and I only fight about once a year anyway so it wouldn't even effect me.

But at any rate, weighing can be a problem, more ideas, thoughts, or solutions anyone?

As far as no shows go it's about time that fcfighter puts together a no show list with the accompaning excuse. No shows do happen and can be legit, but when a fighters no-show to show ratio starts looking suspicious promoters should be leary about using them. Also, when I worked with the ICC they had a real nice contract that protected them from no-shows, something like that the fighter would be liable for up to three times the fighters purse or something like that.

For no shows I like the idea of a no-show turd list better though. Then everyone has access to the same info. If someones grand mother dies 5 times in the last three years you know this guy is no good to work with. On the list there should be a section if the fighter provided good evidence that his no-show was valid or not, too. Like a doctors excuse, an obituary, photo's of his totalled rental car... what ever. Just a thought though.

Well, works are going to happen. What should the burden of proof be to show that a promoter set up a work. What should the burden of proof be to show that a fight was a work period, even if the promoter didn't know about it. First you have to prove that the fight was a work then that the promoter knew about it. If the promoter didn't know about it but just the fighters did, what should the penalty be against the fighters? If the promoter knew about it or even set it up, what should the penalty be against them? If the promoter knew about it or even set up a work should the penalty be less against the fighters... or should they be punished at all?

As a:

Fighter: Heart and some decent skill

Promoter: Fairness and good matchups

Manager: In for their fighter not the money 

Trainer: Willingness to dedicate thier time to a fighter

Cornerman: The smarts to call the match if needed.

Doctor: A degree.

Judge: Knowledge of the sport and an unbiased opinion. 

Spectator: No smoking and to have never watched WWF.

Referee: undrestand the sport. 

Security: Cops.

and even a Ring Girl: No stretch marks. 

I kind of liked it when Tank was doing fence grabbing and smashing his knee against another fighters face, why do you think it's wrong?

Btw, I'm a rules guy, if you have a rule then enforce it and firmly. So if fence grabbing is out then it's out, make the penalty high enough for people to not want to do it.

MtyMorphnTrtlMan,

What part are you agreeing to?

Ok, thank you.

MtyMorphnTrtlMan, that all kind of went over my head, could you rephrase that please.

ttt

I'm really for what would really happen. Any striker with no grappling or wrestling back ground will see his back on the ground if he gets in the cage or ring with Tuchscherer. Tuchy has a big tough head and is a national top wrestler. If it goes to the ground it goes there. I don't like the rule of standing up fighters if no subs are made in 60 seconds. If there is activitly let them fight ESPECAILY FOR A TITLE FIGHT, but if the crowd starts booing and making their gay love comments, maybe it's time to stand them back up.

What should be the rule for standing fighters back up? Give a good rule of thumb please.

how about corners having to pay for a ticket to get in the door?

A corner is part of the show, why should a corner have to pay ever?

how about corners having to pay for a ticket to get in the door? <-- are you f*cking crazy? Big show, small show, why in the hell should a corner pay to WORK as a corner. Hell, a fighter could even have two corners in without charge for how I feel about it.

2 is a good number, a fighter should have a guy to help him warm up and get taped up and a guy for whatever. Title fights should allow 3 corners.

What about fighters insurance? How much should a promoter have to cover them for and with what deductible? Keep in mind the grass roots shows.

Don't go to bed ethan, I just cracked a beer im ready to go, lol

"What about fighters insurance? How much should a promoter have to cover them for" <--- now that is a good question. I don't know but would like to have some promoter and fighter input on this.

You could require total transparency on the promoter's books (I'm guessing this is done already but I don't know much) and mandate a maximum profit margin so he doesn't rip everyone else off (aka the fighters) to stuff his own pockets. Of course, this is kind of close to commie land.

I think $5,000 and $5,000 with a low deductible. That is minimum. A bigger show should be able to provide more, and would be negotiated in a contract. It really depends on the costs. A small show in a bar would not be able to afford $500 a fighter.

Now you might think that ain't worth anything but a fighter who is getting paid $200 to fight ain't doing it for a living and the fighter should have primary insurance anyway. As far as life $5,000 would almost cover the funeral.