Whats this talk of UFC 145 class

I have been hearing talk of it from several people. That would be a great idea. And yea, i do fight at 145.

hell, lets get rid of ALL weight divisions and go back to no weight classes.

I'm with JC, I fight 145 and I am not going to 155 unless I'm getting PAID
and by PAID, I mean PAID!

With the wec going to have a featherweight and bantamweight division i think that is where the smaller fighters will go

With the wec going to have a featherweight and bantamweight division i think that is where the smaller fighters will go

That would be fine, I don't have to buy it. I'm tired of everyone wanting people to 'mold" the sport to fit them. Does the NBA have "special" games for short white guys who can't play with the tall black guys? Why not they are the best at their height?

They should get to play too.

The difference is, you need to be tall to play hoop, anyone at any weight or height can fight.

Boxing does just fine at lower weight categories, so does Shooto. Some of boxing's most epics wars have been at lower weight classes. I think it's only fair that UFC includes either a 140, 143 or 145lbs category.

In closing, you're an idiot. I'd rather watch two 145lbr's bang it out any day than watch big Tim Sylvia.

lol at you fuck tards. Just funny. Look at boxing, they have weight
classes for a reason.

Cretard, a 100lbs girl would beat the shit out of you. Stay out of this.

I'm pretty sure if anyone from here ever met you in real life, they would uppercut you through a window for the amount of trolling you do.

Cretard, ever been haduken'd in the face? You're coming close to getting one.

Urijah Faber would rule.

LOL at 155 not being low enough for all you tough guys. So it's the lack of a 140 lb class keeping you out of the UFC huh? If your heart was in it, you'd put on a few pounds of muscle and get busy.

More weight classes are good.
There are lots of guys that walk around at under 150 or even 140 lbs for that matter.
If there are quality fighters in that weight class (which there are) then there should be a division for them.
Otherwise the fans are robbed of the chance to see a great group of fighters compete or at least compete at their natural weight.
I am all for it.

The weight classes are necessary signposts, but that doesnt mean you have to hide behind them.

I dont know about a 145 division.
155 is just being built up.

When I see guys like Dan Henderson who is about 190 hang with a guy like Wand whos 205, as well as countless other weight differences of 10-15 lbs, I cant figure out why it would be so hard for a guy who is 145 to hang with a guy who is 155.

Assuming you train hard enough and you have good technique, why shouldnt a guy who is 145 be able to fight a 155 opponent and still come up on top?

ResidentEvil, like all fighters, should have to get past Midwest World Champion OneManArmy(TM) before making it to the UFC at 145.

A 145 lb guy who is gaining 10 lbs of muscle will be fighting a lot of guys who weigh 180 and cut 25 lbs of water weight. It is not fair and that big of a size difference is ridiculous.

....because none of the 45ers start at 165?

"A 145 lb guy who is gaining 10 lbs of muscle will be fighting a lot of guys who weigh 180 and cut 25 lbs of water weight. It is not fair and that big of a size difference is ridiculous."

I dont know. I would imgine a 145 fighter walks around at 160 or so, while a 155 fighter walks at say 170. Either way you are still around a 10 lb difference!

These light weight guys seem naturally small so I have a tough time believing a guy like Yves Edwards, Jens Pulver, Lauzon etc walk at 180 and cut 25 lbs for fights!

Cretard I have serious doubts about anyone who spends the kind of time you do here and saying some of the things you do having even the ability to fight out of a wet paper bag.

As for the "gain 10 pounds" Its not that easy at all. gaining even pure muscle wont make you neccessarily hit harder, or able to take one better. It wont make you taller and it wont make you a better all around fighter just to be a little bigger and a little stronger, especially since everyone in the class is really 170ish cutting to 155.