Whats this talk of UFC 145 class

Roli, I missed that earlier. That has got to be tough to not be able to put on weight. You've got a better problem than most though, who can't take it off. Bestof luck in your career.

stlnl2, if you read my most recent post, I did say I could see where some of the smaller fighters could be offended by my original statement. That wasn't my intent.

PINK, my intial comments were that I wouldn't be that interested in seeing a 145 weight class introduced in the UFC. You came back with what amounts to "you go watch the boring heavyweights while I watch the exciting, action-packed small guys."

Just a question for you: if the fighters were all incredibly skilled and equally charismatic, which would you rather watch, big guys or 145ers?

"Just a question for you: if the fighters were all incredibly skilled and equally charismatic, which would you rather watch, big guys or 145ers?"

The fights are different. The ground game for smaller guys is drasically different, they are smaller and have more space to move and so do their opponents. This creates a situation where when on the ground they tend to attack with intentions of ending a fight and not to "stay busy". Position changes and reversals happen alot more because of this. That part of the fight is different and always will be.

When two bigger skilled guys fight, the ground time is usually one guy "riding" the other or doing some meager GnP and rarely really pushing for a submission. Harder to stand back up in the higher classes, because the spacing on the ground is different so guys can ride more and stall more.

I prefer a world where I can see both. And with 12 PPV shows and god-knows-howmany ultimate fight nights there is no reason in this world that I cant see both.

Any of you guys box? I fight at 139, trust me, 154 is a hell of a lot different! I walk around at 150, 154 fighters walk around at up to 170. I wonder what weight classes you guys are? Would you like to fight one class up? Why don't you mock Chuck, Tito, V. Silva, Randy, Q. Jackson, Shogun, etc... for hiding at 205 when they are really heavy weights. Why don't Matt and GSP fight at MW? And so on. Could I get up to 155? Sure. But I'll never me as tough as a guy who's getting down to 155.

A 5'11" 205lber will never have as much gas in the tank as a 5'8" 145lber. I'm talking both being in top fighting condition. Watch a Urijah Faber fight and tell me that it isn't non-stop excitement. Faber is supposedly going to be fighting @ 145 in the UFC very soon, contract is signed from what I heard.

"The baddest guy at 126 pounds get slapped silly by the Express lane checker at Walmart for having more than 10 items."

Tell that to Manny Pacquiao, who started his pro career at 106 pounds and, according to James Toney, "hits like a damn heavyweight".

And the only reason more adult males can't "identify" with 145ers is because 90% of the adult male population in America is fucking fat. 145lbs would be pretty average if everyone in America were in shape.

Damn 6ft 3 157 why dont you eat just kidding that is tall for 145 no.

"Matt Hughes is 5'8" and walks around about 190 lbs. I guess he's fat."

Matt Hughes definitely has the body of the average American. lol

Average human male is about 5'9-5'10, 175-180 lbs. That male in MMA would cut to 170, or possibly even 155.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

i think they should get a 145 lb division

All I got to say is the UFC and all the rest of the MMA promotions in the world are missing out BIGTIME by not having an active division of these lightweightweight and featherweight fighters. They are by far the most exciting fighters out there.

Shame on the UFC for NOT getting this thing going strong!

Urijah Faber would do well, but if they got a 145, I would love to see Dana sign Kid. One can wish....

should be 140

Screw all this talk about 145; I want to see an 85-lb division.

First fight: Nicole Ritche vs. Mary-Kate Olsen. Zuffa, make it happen!

yes, just go up and fight a weight class above, and exactly where the fuck is that going to get them in the UFC 155. when with the UFC you lose a few and goodbye. then you have a guy like Hominick who fought his last fight in the UFC and played it safe against a guy who is naturally it least a good 20 lbs heavier than he, yet all people can do is talk shit about him.

what the fuck do you think a guy like Ivan Menjivar has been doing anyways? Taking on guys in Hero's, the IFL, above his 145 weight class where he has been competitive with every lightweight he has ever fought from Shaolin to Uno. Yet, he doesn't have the results at that weight class that would get him anywhere in the UFC, despite how exciting his fights have been, but that guy is easily one of the most exciting fighters in the sport on the ground and on the feet and deserves to fight in his natural weight class in some top orginization. If Ivan, a true 145er isn't winning at 155, then you can count on one hand the amount of 145ers that have a chance, but that doesn't take away from the insane amount of talent out there at this weight class.

bring in a 145, and yes it would be a huge upgrade on the UFC cards to see some of the top guys in this weight clas over a lot of what is being put on.

and what the fuck is with the IFL not having a 145. the top orgnization's is one thing, but the IFL could use all the talent it can get, and it's a joke they dont have a 145.

To Disco:

"I'm the idiot, but fucking starting a new thread about needing a 145 pound division, after only having 2 or 3 fights at the newly formed 155 division is smart."

You should have ended that sentence after "idiot". Just from what i remember seeing this year: Yves Edwards and Joe Stevenson had 2-3 fights each, Hermes Franca and Kenny Florian had 2 fights each and the Pulver vs Lauzon fight.

With the amount of shows the UFC is planning on putting on, they can easily fit in another weight class. The should also implement a SHW division.

didnt ivan used to fight at 170? lol

didnt ivan used to fight at 170? lol

yes, he did when there was no lighter weight class avaliable to him in UCC. he did a lot more weight training to bulk up to fight at heavier weight classes where could get fights, and now since he is able to fight at 145 and sometimes 155 he no longer does much weight training so he can fight at his best suited weight class. Ivan has as much balls as anyone in the game and is as true a fighter as they come, but acknowledges his best chance is at 145.