Whats this talk of UFC 145 class

brilliant post

JOCKSTRAP,

You don't have to result to name calling, really. I meant no disrespect at all, and if you were offended, I'm sorry you took it that way.

My personal preference is not watch MMA between two little guys.

You reference de la Hoya, who participates in boxing, not MMA, and I realize he is a little guy. I have enjoyed watching him fight on several occasions but as a whole, I don't want to watch guys that size compete on a regular basis. de la Hoya is the biggest attraction in that sport right now but his weight class isn't. He transcends that division.

You calling me an idiot for stating my opinion, is in fact, idiotic. I was expressing it, not forcing it on anybody.

Would you call me an idiot because I like blondes better than brunettes, tits a bit more than ass, or the Cowboys better than the Redskins?

I wouldn't call you an idiot if you chose to spend all your money jacking up your car with rims and sound while living in a shithole, liked soccer more than football or chose men over women. It is your choice, bro.

I prefer to watch 170 and up. That is all. I won't turn off the TV just because a 155 fight is on UFN or PPV but that division isn't the main attraction for me.

Best of luck with your pro career.

Bring in the 145 class now! Roli by sub against the haters.

Curran vs Faber for the belt!!!

I could never make it down there, but Riggs will be there after a couple more losses.

Some LWs are 180lbs walking around and some 145lb guys have high metabolism cant gain weight.There should be a 145 lb class,but it probably wont happen in UFC for a while.

The information I have seen posted on mma weekly ect.. is that the WEC will have 145 and 135 lb divisions and that the 145's wont be making it to the UFC just yet. I have posted it before and on other boards but Dana you have to get Jeff "big Frog" Curran in there at 145. At 145 one of the top guys in the world imo. so take it for what its worth i guess but that is what I have heard or read.
Dan

TTT for Curran vs Faber

Jump Shooter-

I thought this comment:

"Not that interested in seeing a couple of guys in there who are about the size of eighth graders. Move up to 155."

was very disrespectful to those of us that fight at lower weight classes. I understand that your preference is watching the higher weight classes, but saying that we are "the size of eigth graders" and ordering us to "move up to 155" is also idiotic. I do not usually resort to name calling on this forum but I found that part of your post to be insulting.

Refusing to watch fights because of the size of the fighters will make you miss out on a whole world of exciting fights. As a fan first and fighter second, I prefer lighter weight MMA because of the better cardio the athletes display, the higher level of activity and the many wars that take place in the LW division.

Don't miss out on MMA greats like Rumina Sato, Kid Yamamoto, Ivan Menjivar, Hideo Tokoro, Urjah Faber and other great fighters.

well let JumpSHooter watch reruns of big guys like Monson vs Sylvia and the rest of us can watch Yamamoto, Faber, Roli Delgado, etc.

ugh

What is the height of 145ers it is kool to watch fast pace.

most are 5"6, I am 6"3.

"You calling me an idiot for stating my opinion, is in fact, idiotic. I was expressing it, not forcing it on anybody"

You basically called grown men little kids because they are not big lard asses. I daresay you started with the insult talk. You could have just said you dont want to see 145'ers, and left out the insulting part I think.

As for weight classes people want to see, I STRONGLY prefer a 155 fight where the guys go and go the whole time with constant position changes and banging standing to the sometimes tackle and hold for a JD we see at LtHwy ALOT of times.

LMAO at all the fatties on here saying "eat some doughnuts and gain 10lbs." Rolijuju tells a very typical story of guys our weight. I could eat pizza and ice cream exclusively and still not gain a pound, especially when training hard for a fight. Sorry for not being a lazy tub of shit that has to worry about gaining 20lbs from a single Thanksgiving dinner because my metabolism is lower than my hanging gut. Keep badmouthing the lower weight classes guys, you have a long future of Tim Silvia fights to look forward to!

I fight 145 now, fought the majority of mine at 155, and one at 165.... would I move back up to 155 for a UFC shot or something like that? HELL ya... 145 in the UFC or Pride etc would be nice, but for those opportunities I'd head back up. I need to become a better fighter first, lol.

C

JOCKSTRAP,

Reading that quote in your last post, I can see where you thought it was disrespectful. For that, I apologize to you and any other '45ers who were offended.

"Move up to 155" was a typo on my part. Meant to ask, can you move up to 155?

PINK, I realize that Monson and Sylvia was boring, that is more a comment on the UFC heavy division than bigs versus littles.

Using your rationale, I could come back at you with, "You watch (insert spare, boring 145 lber. names) while the rest of us watch Fedor-Cro Cop."

Or using my rationale, I could ask this question: Why, for the most part, do the bigger weights get the bigger payday? Answer: Because the public is more interested in it and it is more marketable.

The bottom line with the UFC and 45s is this: The UFC is running a business. If the brothers and BLAF thought that the 45s were marketable and they could make money off of it, they would introduce that weight class and start holding fights there. They haven't to this point.

Roli, at 6-3, what do you walk around at? I could be way off here not knowing you or having seen you fight, but my guess is that with that frame, you cut down to 145. You could fight at 155, adding some muscle to your frame, couldn't you?

I think I am somewhat thin and I am 6-3.5 and 210.

The UFC will more than likely incorporate a lower weight division, eventually. I would hope that it is maybe 143 lbs or 140 lbs, but either way it will be a draw when the sport has evolved more and fans are more educated.

As far as not wanting to watch lower weight class fights because of size or not knowing the fighters, I don't see the logic in that. With how the UFC is right now they are bringing in a lot of fighter that people aren't too aware of anyways. If you were that into knowing everything about the sport you would know the lower weight fighters because most smaller shows in the country have those divisions. And who cares how big the guys are if the fights and action are good? Are you telling me you would rather watch a boring fight in a high weight division than an exicitng fight in a low division.

Finally, with how much people bitch about fights being lop-sided where one fighter has an obvious advantage, it sure seems like a lot of the same people want fighters around 145-150 lbs normal weight to fight guys at 175-180lbs walking weight.

DiscoNfrno is an ignorant idiot. Just something I noted over the duration of this thread. It's fights like Gatti/Ward that SAVED boxing over the last few years, not snorefests that happen in today's heavyweight divisions. It had nothing to do with the different weights, lower weights have always been popular in boxing. Ray Leonard, Ray Robinson, Duran, Hagler.

You're as much of a boxing fan, as I am an eskimo.

As far as 155lbs not selling ticket from another poster - 155 is a renewed concept in UFC. The division needs time to settle. A champ has just been crowned. Once personalities are made, 155 will be just as important as any other division. 170 and 205 are the most loved divisions at the moment, not because of the weight but because of the depth of talent.

I'd like to see a 140 or 143lb division in the UFC. Start them off on undercards to test it. I could pretty much name two fights out of every UFC that could be replaced with lighter guys.

jumpshooter,
re read my post where I discuss my weight. I walk around at 157

and jumpshooter, you are incorrect in regards to using my argument,...if you USE MY ARGUMENT then everyone gets a weight class and we watch all the fights ...ugh

WEC (now Zuffa owned) has a 145 class. Hopefully we'll see guys like Hominick and Curran in there.

hell to the yea on the WEC