When GSP moves up to middleweight it will be like

when the strict teacher goes on some personal leave for weeks at times and the kids in the class have a free for all.

Fights will be had, the 170 lb. belt will be tossed around like a whore and used like the town bicycle. Hell, maybe even Penn will sneak back in and steal it. But then, when they least expect it, some day the strict teacher comes back and the substitute teacher is gone and he's ready to spank some asses with steel rulers again.

GSP would crack mentally at 185 lbs. He can barely form a coherent sentence when asked about Anderson Silva.

I think that the only guy who would beat him at 185 would be Anderson. The other guys would have punchers chances as they would be bigger, but that is it.

A. Silva forget about it, anyone else he can beat with the proper weight gain and proper technique and time to gain solid and functional muscle strength.

GSP will embarass 185ers.

guys like Swick and Kampmann were both contenders at 185 and only after losing to Okami and Marquart respectively did they make the drop down to 170.  Since coming to 170, they have not established themselves or their chances in the division that GSP dominates any more and possibly even less than their time at 185.  Make no mistake about it, GSP hands the majority of 185ers their ass. 

I wonder how sparring sessions go between GSP and Marquadt. That would be a pretty decent match.

GSP probably won't fight Marquardt and he would get assraped by Anderson Silva.. Yeah it would be sooo great to see him fight at 185 against Bisping? lol

nevertheless, just another way for GSP to separate his greatness.  Guys like Hughes, Chuck, Tito, the list goes on, never went up in weight.  GSP has been every bit as dominant in his division as they were in theirs while only being 28.  He will undoubtably prove himself as a fighter  way beyond the majority who have ever participated in this sport.

GSP propery prepared and trained at 185lbs would probably beat all but Anderson and maybe Hendo/Marquardt kind of guys.  Probably be at least competitive vs them all though.

At this point I think we have enough new blood coming up as well as guys who have fought him once that are improving and want a second shot, so no reason to jump right now.  I say let him clear out the rematches and new blood first.  If he does that he'll eclipse Hughes as the best WW of all time.

he will also undoubtably prove himself at 185 way beyond BJ proving himself at 170.  BJ's willingness to go up which is more due to his laziness and lack of discipline to make 155, will just be one less thing that separates him from so many others that his nuthuggers take so much pride in attempting to remind those who dont quite get off on hugging his nuts the way they do.

Boldar -  GSP propery prepared and trained at 185lbs would probably beat all but Anderson and maybe Hendo/Marquardt kind of guys.  Probably be at least competitive vs them all though.

At this point I think we have enough new blood coming up as well as guys who have fought him once that are improving and want a second shot, so no reason to jump right now.  I say let him clear out the rematches and new blood first.  If he does that he'll eclipse Hughes as the best WW of all time.

he's already eclipsed Hughes as the best WW of all time.  If you took GSP out of the picture, put a prime Hughes in todays division, Hughes would be behind Alves, Fitch, Kos, and AJ for the likely canidate to take the title.  Hughes at his best would never be able to be as dominant against the quality of opponents GSP is facing in todays WW division, nevermind Hughes at his best having a hope in hell at beating GSP at his best.

I dont know how the sparring matches went. But i do know Georges takes Marquardt and Rashad down at will

Are you people totally fucking nuts?

with 2 weeks prep time, gsp could beat anyone in the 185 division.

Heartbroken Lee - Most of you would probably expect me to say this by now but I really think that GSP would get mauled by Bisping at 185. His JJ off his back is unreal and would neutralise GSPs biggest strength. He also always finds a way back to his feet and I think he would overpower GSP in the stand up.

he couldn't get back to his feet when Denis Kang had him on his back the entire first round.  I'd be willing to bet GSP has his way with Kang in training.  Good luck to Bisping scoring double legs on GSP the way he was able to on Kang, and unlike Kang, GSP doesn't gas out.  Factor in Bisping's glass chin and it's GSP's for the taking.

JDolo -  GSP will embarass 185ers.

you gargle his balls like you do listerine in the morning
the diff between penn fans and gsp fanfoys are the goo goo gaga love statements.

Do you know how gay you guys sound?

Oh and GSP is a bitch that would get fucked at 185.

gsp vs aaron simpson

inf0 -  GSP will get his ass kicked at 185lbs.. and bad.

Very true. His advantage in the WW div is size and strength. He even said it himself that he's gonna need time to develop his body to move up. He aint no Anderson Silva.