Where do you rate GGG's MW run all time?

He has 15 title defenses all of them have been won via K0

Hopkins has the record at 20. Hopkins sorta had a GGG like career as far as getting a big fight. Yeah he fought Roy early but neither were known. He finally got one vs. Tito in New York.

GGG is #2 with 15

Carlos Monzon(The GOAT MW ever IMO) is 3rd with 14

Hagler had 12

Felix Sturm had 12 but he had a couple of corrupt German decisions go his way and just in general fought bad competition. I remember he fought Ronald Hearns lol. Macklin whooped his ass and got fucked big time. One of the worst decisions I have ever seen in my life.

I think I will wait to see him fight Canelo or Cotto before I say much. I like Cotto better but Canelo won't even think twice about fighting him. That ginger gives no fucks. Phone Post 3.0

Best at the moment but can't really view him as an all time great yet. Didn't think he had made so many defences but if he has, his toughest on paper was last night which doesn't reflect great.

Also, I view him as a titleholder rather than a world champion. I view Cotto as world champ although he has been holding the belt hostage.

Shame GGG didn't start his pro career earlier as he is certainly a very good promising fighter. I hope he unifies and continues wrecking shop against better opponents. Phone Post 3.0

It's hard to rank GGG without any real signature wins. I love GGG but he's never beat anybody anywhere near the P4P list. Fight the winner of Canelo/Cotto will be a good start.

OJTT_ConorWrestedHisBallsOnMyHead - I think I will wait to see him fight Canelo or Cotto before I say much. I like Cotto better but Canelo won't even think twice about fighting him. That ginger gives no fucks. Phone Post 3.0

The winner of Cotto-Canelo will have 2 weeks to finalize the fight with GGG or be stripped.

Another interesting thing is that GGG's 15 fight MW reign has been over the course of 5 years where Hopkin's 20 fight reign was 11 years.

He has not fought the true quality of opposition the way his predecessors did. His time is not over yet and the story is still being written. He just had his first ppv fight last night.. He is an excellent fighter but not for a while should he be mentioned with the greats. Phone Post 3.0

That's what I was talking about in another thread,how it took Hagler and Hopkins forever to get a big fight.

When hagler won the title he was the guy, the era was a little more complete as the overall skill level was higher.
Hopkins eventually took over the whole division to the point it didn't matter if someone had a belt, he was the guy
Golovkin won his belt, while Martinez was the champ. Can't really can't rate his run until he becomes 'the champ'
If the cotto/canelo winner refuses to face him, then he's the guy Phone Post 3.0

@Pharochuck

Its was Lou Dibella fault for why Martinez-Golovkin did not happen. He saw what GGG did to Macklin,who gave Sergio hell.

I've considered GGG the man since then. Which I like Lou I think he's a great guy I understood why it didn't happen. Sergio was 38 with no legs and hadn't fought in forever I was annoyed that it didn't happen but I understood why he fought Cotto instead. He is Sergio's friend he didn't want to see him take a vicious beating,which he did,but no one saw that coming. Everyone thought it would be an easy Sergio win.

Chaelismyhero - @Pharochuck

Its was Lou Dibella fault for why Martinez-Golovkin did not happen. He saw what GGG did to Macklin,who gave Sergio hell.

I've considered GGG the man since then. Which I like Lou I think he's a great guy I understood why it didn't happen. Sergio was 38 with no legs and hadn't fought in forever I was annoyed that it didn't happen but I understood why he fought Cotto instead. He is Sergio's friend he didn't want to see him take a vicious beating,which he did,but no one saw that coming. Everyone thought it would be an easy Sergio win.
Prime Sergio ( I sound like a Tyson fan boy) from when he won the title and then demolished Paul Williams and 37-0 dzinziruk and 23-0 barker and up to Chavez would have been more than a challenge for golovkin.

He fought and beat tougher opposition than golovkin faced so far.
He looked bad against Murray because he hurt his knees against Chavez. He should have hung them up then and went and got one last payday against cotto. But prime Sergio's resume is superior Phone Post 3.0

Yeah Sergio was really good. I always liked him but even during his "Prime" he would get dropped in every fight. He never fought anyone as good or anyone who hit as hard as he did.

Sergio was tailor made for GGG.

Is he tripple G or tripple J? On the broadcast he was called Triple J. Phone Post 3.0

Elvis - Is he tripple G or tripple J? On the broadcast he was called Triple J. Phone Post 3.0
Mr Sinosic,

I think you need a new cable provider. Phone Post 3.0

Elvis - Is he tripple G or tripple J? On the broadcast he was called Triple J. Phone Post 3.0

GGG

Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin

BlakeHendo - The guy is INCREDIBLY SLOW, Mayweather would fuck him sideways for sure and so will Canelo. Keep fighting Bums GGG

The #4 guy in the world with a major world title is not a fucking bum.

How would Mayweather and Canelo fuck GGG sideways? Based on what? Have you ever even watched GGG? Because if you've followed him like I have for 15 years and saw him win a silver medal in the Olympics,you would realized that nothing about fighting Gennady Golovkin is easy.

In my honest opinion I think his run is very underwhelming. He hasn't beaten one single fighter that could be considered a big win. David Lemieux is easily his best win. Enough said. GGG looks to be a monster whom would be a tough night out against anyone who ever fought at 160.

This run is similar to Mike Tyson's. It looks very good until you look at who he is beating. GGG is stuck in a weird time where he doesnt have a real opponent. Monzon and Hopkin's runs were so much more impressive. Hell even Tito Trinidad moving up to beat Primed William Joppy and Hassine Cheriffi are bigger wins than GGG has so far. I think Julian Jackson's reign was better just because he fought legit guys like Thomas Tate and Herol Gragham. 

The good thing is GGG appears to be very damn good. He just needs some real names to get on his resume before claiming greatness. The skills are there, just the big fights need to happen.

boxing wiz - 

In my honest opinion I think his run is very underwhelming. He hasn't beaten one single fighter that could be considered a big win. David Lemieux is easily his best win. Enough said. GGG looks to be a monster whom would be a tough night out against anyone who ever fought at 160.

This run is similar to Mike Tyson's. It looks very good until you look at who he is beating. GGG is stuck in a weird time where he doesnt have a real opponent. Monzon and Hopkin's runs were so much more impressive. Hell even Tito Trinidad moving up to beat Primed William Joppy and Hassine Cheriffi are bigger wins than GGG has so far. I think Julian Jackson's reign was better just because he fought legit guys like Thomas Tate and Herol Gragham. 

The good thing is GGG appears to be very damn good. He just needs some real names to get on his resume before claiming greatness. The skills are there, just the big fights need to happen.

this is pretty accurate. i give him credit for the lemieux win. tough guy with power. however kelly pavlik coming off the taylor win would have beat lemieux. taylor would have, hopkins would have. it's a very good win. shows he is elite, but i need higher level before i annoint him. to think about the level of his opponents, people want to declare that cotto is a fraud champ, but they both have the same amount of wins over top 10 guys. 1

in comparison, kovalev's reign at light heavy and what he's been doing is more impressive and i think kovalev is the best light heavy in the last 20+ years 

BlakeHendo - The guy is INCREDIBLY SLOW, Mayweather would fuck him sideways for sure and so will Canelo. Keep fighting Bums GGG
Lmao looks like another promising poster Phone Post 3.0

I think he's better than hagler. His jabs are hard and accurate. He's not slow. He's a plodding stalker and a killer with excellent balance and great fundamentals

He'll kill the winner of canelo alverez and then hopefully fight ward. And I'm not smart enough to even make a prediction in that fight. But, it will happen and it will be awesome.