Where do you rate GGG's MW run all time?

IGrindedAnthony’sJohnson -
BlakeHendo - The guy is INCREDIBLY SLOW, Mayweather would fuck him sideways for sure and so will Canelo. Keep fighting Bums GGG
Lmao looks like another promising poster Phone Post 3.0
At first I was skeptical, but then in his next post he made the comment about the blacks and mexi's and it all made sense. Quality poster. Phone Post 3.0

TheBigRedOne - Nothing against GGG, but he hasn't faced anyone. Too have so many defenses, but not against anyone of status is not legendary stuff.

Defeating a paper champion doesn't do it.

He needs someone like Alvarez, Canelo, or Cotto.
Alvarez, canelo or cotto?? Its saul alvarez his nickname is canelo. Phone Post 3.0

boxing wiz - 

In my honest opinion I think his run is very underwhelming. He hasn't beaten one single fighter that could be considered a big win. David Lemieux is easily his best win. Enough said. GGG looks to be a monster whom would be a tough night out against anyone who ever fought at 160.

This run is similar to Mike Tyson's. It looks very good until you look at who he is beating. GGG is stuck in a weird time where he doesnt have a real opponent. Monzon and Hopkin's runs were so much more impressive. Hell even Tito Trinidad moving up to beat Primed William Joppy and Hassine Cheriffi are bigger wins than GGG has so far. I think Julian Jackson's reign was better just because he fought legit guys like Thomas Tate and Herol Gragham. 

The good thing is GGG appears to be very damn good. He just needs some real names to get on his resume before claiming greatness. The skills are there, just the big fights need to happen.

It took Hagler a long time to get a big fight. It took him 10 years. MW was god awful at that time. He turned pro in 73 and fought Duran in 83 and Hearns in 85 and his last fight vs. SRL was in 87. GGG hasn't taken much punishment so he has plenty of time left.

Comparing Golovkin to Hagler is ridiculous. I like Golovkin a lot but Hagler probably beat 15 guys who are better than anyone Golovkin has faced in his whole career so far.

Then again, Hopkins didn't fight Holmes and Trinidad until he was 36, so Golovkin still has time. I just don't know if Golovkin has the right style (like Hopkins has) to still be dominating guys into his late 30s and 40s.

Tomato Can - Comparing Golovkin to Hagler is ridiculous. I like Golovkin a lot but Hagler probably beat 15 guys who are better than anyone Golovkin has faced in his whole career so far.

Then again, Hopkins didn't fight Holmes and Trinidad until he was 36, so Golovkin still has time. I just don't know if Golovkin has the right style (like Hopkins has) to still be dominating guys into his late 30s and 40s.
Well said. Golovkin is obviously a special talent, but there are still a couple more years and wins he needs before we can start talking all time Phone Post 3.0

Tomato Can - Comparing Golovkin to Hagler is ridiculous. I like Golovkin a lot but Hagler probably beat 15 guys who are better than anyone Golovkin has faced in his whole career so far.

I don't about 15 guys. Middlweight was weak.

Hearns and Duran are his best 2 wins.

Vito
Chris Finnegan
Briscoe
The Beast
Alan Minter

They were good but he fought some subpar guys to. Caveman Lee and a few others

in

Chaelismyhero - 
Tomato Can - Comparing Golovkin to Hagler is ridiculous. I like Golovkin a lot but Hagler probably beat 15 guys who are better than anyone Golovkin has faced in his whole career so far.

Vito
Chris Finnegan
Briscoe
The Beast
Alan Minter

It wasn't any weaker than today. I mean, who has Golovkin beaten? Geale was semi-decent, and Lemieux was alright but way overhyped. That's pretty much it. No way either of those guys are better than Hearns, Duran, Roldan, Hamsho, Minter, Sibson, Mugabi, Scypian, Antofermo, Obelmejias, Briscoe, Monroe, Finnegan, Colbert, Geraldo.

So that's 15. You could debate a few of them, but certainly not most.

Hope he fights Danny Jacobs or Kid Chocolate even Canelo. My dream fight is Triple G vs Kovalev or Andre Ward he needs the big names to cement his legacy hes 33 so its now or never.

Chaelismyhero - 

<br />
<span class="User-334554" id="userPost55053516">I don't about 15 guys. Middlweight was weak.<br />
<br />
Hearns and Duran are his best 2 wins.<br />
<br />
Vito<br />
Chris Finnegan<br />
Briscoe<br />
The Beast<br />
Alan Minter<br />
<br />
They were good but he fought some subpar guys to. Caveman Lee and a few others</span></blockquote>

hamsho was a good fighter. he beat minter. after his first fight with hagler, he won several in a row including beating wilfred benitez and handed bobby czyz his first loss 

roldan was a very good fighter. after he lost to hagler he went undefeated for 3 years and beat james kinchen before losing to hearns

so i guess you can say about 9 guys instead of 15. if golovkin continues at this pace for another year or so and if he were to get the cotto/canelo or the winner of jacobs/quillen and beats them as well then he's defintely in the argument against the top guys.

just right now, you can't give him credit for his run because at the same time he became champ in 2010. martinez was champ by beating a tougher fighter who was also the lineal champ. then martinez defended the belt several times against a much higher level of oppenent. 

I'd still stand behind the 15 number honestly. People have massively overrated Lemieux because he had a title. It was a vacant title he won against a guy who was maybe borderline top 10 in the division.

Tomato Can - 
Chaelismyhero - 

Vito
Chris Finnegan
Briscoe
The Beast
Alan Minter

It wasn't any weaker than today. I mean, who has Golovkin beaten? Geale was semi-decent, and Lemieux was alright but way overhyped. That's pretty much it. No way either of those guys are better than Hearns, Duran, Roldan, Hamsho, Minter, Sibson, Mugabi, Scypian, Antofermo, Obelmejias, Briscoe, Monroe, Finnegan, Colbert, Geraldo.

So that's 15. You could debate a few of them, but certainly not most.

Hagler has a better overall resume by a country mile with the Duran and Hearns wins. I totally agree on that its not debatable but what I'm saying is that GGG has been a pro for 9 years and through Hagler's first 9 years as a pro their resumes are about the same IMO.

Aikijiujitsu - Hope he fights Danny Jacobs or Kid Chocolate even Canelo. My dream fight is Triple G vs Kovalev or Andre Ward he needs the big names to cement his legacy hes 33 so its now or never.

He doesn't need Jacobs or Quillen. That's a step back not that its going to happen because it wont due to the HBO-Haymon situation.

Golovkin would seriously hurt Danny Jacobs.

IMO Quillin and Jacobs would both beat Lemieux.

Chaelismyhero - 
Aikijiujitsu - Hope he fights Danny Jacobs or Kid Chocolate even Canelo. My dream fight is Triple G vs Kovalev or Andre Ward he needs the big names to cement his legacy hes 33 so its now or never.

He doesn't need Jacobs or Quillen. That's a step back not that its going to happen because it wont due to the HBO-Haymon situation.

i think so too. might be a career ending beating. but he's a legit full size middle with some power and in his prime. definitely a top 10 guy. beating him right after beating lemieux solidifes that he's not just a can crusher. that would also give him 3-4 legit guys on his resume

GGG has beaten a lot of cans because everyone is afraid of him.

Tomato Can - IMO Quillin and Jacobs would both beat Lemieux.

Quillen maybe. I think that's a 50/50 fight.

Jacobs no chance. He gets sparked out early. He's just another guy. We've seen him fight one legit world class guy in Pirog and he got ran over. He got dropped by Sergio Mora in his last fight who has 9 knockouts in his career.

pharochuck - 
Chaelismyhero - 

i think so too. might be a career ending beating. but he's a legit full size middle with some power and in his prime. definitely a top 10 guy. beating him right after beating lemieux solidifes that he's not just a can crusher. that would also give him 3-4 legit guys on his resume

He has power but outside of that he's kinda meh to me. It looks like he is pretty chinny which is not ideal vs. Golovkin.

I think Quillen-GGG would be a better fight. He doesn't do anything better then GGG but he is big as hell. He was like 182 on fight day vs. that Australian stipper he fought about a month ago. That poor guy was taken out on a stretcher.

Chaelismyhero - 
Tomato Can - IMO Quillin and Jacobs would both beat Lemieux.

Quillen maybe. I think that's a 50/50 fight.

Jacobs no chance. He gets sparked out early. He's just another guy. We've seen him fight one legit world class guy in Pirog and he got ran over. He got dropped by Sergio Mora in his last fight who has 9 knockouts in his career.

What makes you think Lemieux is anything but "another guy"?

Jacobs may have lost to Pirog, but Lemieux lost to Rubio and Joachim Alcine, for fuck's sake.

pharochuck - 
boxing wiz - 

In my honest opinion I think his run is very underwhelming. He hasn't beaten one single fighter that could be considered a big win. David Lemieux is easily his best win. Enough said. GGG looks to be a monster whom would be a tough night out against anyone who ever fought at 160.

This run is similar to Mike Tyson's. It looks very good until you look at who he is beating. GGG is stuck in a weird time where he doesnt have a real opponent. Monzon and Hopkin's runs were so much more impressive. Hell even Tito Trinidad moving up to beat Primed William Joppy and Hassine Cheriffi are bigger wins than GGG has so far. I think Julian Jackson's reign was better just because he fought legit guys like Thomas Tate and Herol Gragham. 

The good thing is GGG appears to be very damn good. He just needs some real names to get on his resume before claiming greatness. The skills are there, just the big fights need to happen.

this is pretty accurate. i give him credit for the lemieux win. tough guy with power. however kelly pavlik coming off the taylor win would have beat lemieux. taylor would have, hopkins would have. it's a very good win. shows he is elite, but i need higher level before i annoint him. to think about the level of his opponents, people want to declare that cotto is a fraud champ, but they both have the same amount of wins over top 10 guys. 1

in comparison, kovalev's reign at light heavy and what he's been doing is more impressive and i think kovalev is the best light heavy in the last 20+ years 

Damn. You think that highly of Sergey.