Where do you rate GGG's MW run all time?

Tomato Can - 
Chaelismyhero - 
Tomato Can - IMO Quillin and Jacobs would both beat Lemieux.

Quillen maybe. I think that's a 50/50 fight.

Jacobs no chance. He gets sparked out early. He's just another guy. We've seen him fight one legit world class guy in Pirog and he got ran over. He got dropped by Sergio Mora in his last fight who has 9 knockouts in his career.

What makes you think Lemieux is anything but "another guy"?

Jacobs may have lost to Pirog, but Lemieux lost to Rubio and Joachim Alcine, for fuck's sake.

He lost those fights when he was like 21. Outside of Pirog Jacobs has never even fought a fighter that was as good as Rubio. David was beating Rubio's ass before he gassed. He's lost a lot of weight has much better stamina. He can boxing,he can punch,he's been world champion.

I just don't think Jacobs is that good. He's alright but I'd say he's like the 10th best guy at MW. He's fought 1 legit guy and he got beat very badly.

Lemieux wasn't just knocked out by Rubio. He also lost a decision to Joachim Alcine who was knocked out in one round the year before fight David by Alfredo Angulo, anAngulo was knocked out in the next two fights after beating David, and actually ended up losing five straight. David has had a good career. He is really just a large 160Lbs with at best average skills, but had a really good left hook that he relied upon heavily. His limitations were badly exposed when GGG used a jab and footwork to badly expose David's limitations. 

Quillen,  if he cant get Canelo, Cotto or Quillen by May 2016, he is going to have to move up to 168lbs. He can try to get Abraham in Germany, DeGale in England, then Ward if he is ready and possibly Gilberto Ramirez if he has built a bigger name for himself. That's four fights that keep him busy through the begining of 2017. If he dominates these guys like he has been at 160, then its up to 175. If all things continue as they are now, him and Kovalev would make for a Super Fight at MSG in 2018. If GGG runs the table with anything close to this, he'll be a first ballot HOF'er and place himself into the discussion of where he ranks amongst the top 50 greatest ever. Unless he absolutely dominates everyone from here on out, I don't know if these types of guys are good enough to rank him in the top 10 or 20.

You and all the GGG crew need to calm down OP. Very good win for him, proved he's totally legit, but you're going way over the top mentioning him with such greats. He can be, but not yet Phone Post 3.0

boxing wiz - 

Lemieux wasn't just knocked out by Rubio. He also lost a decision to Joachim Alcine who was knocked out in one round the year before fight David by Alfredo Angulo, anAngulo was knocked out in the next two fights after beating David, and actually ended up losing five straight. David has had a good career. He is really just a large 160Lbs with at best average skills, but had a really good left hook that he relied upon heavily. His limitations were badly exposed when GGG used a jab and footwork to badly expose David's limitations. 

Quillen,  if he cant get Canelo, Cotto or Quillen by May 2016, he is going to have to move up to 168lbs. He can try to get Abraham in Germany, DeGale in England, then Ward if he is ready and possibly Gilberto Ramirez if he has built a bigger name for himself. That's four fights that keep him busy through the begining of 2017. If he dominates these guys like he has been at 160, then its up to 175. If all things continue as they are now, him and Kovalev would make for a Super Fight at MSG in 2018. If GGG runs the table with anything close to this, he'll be a first ballot HOF'er and place himself into the discussion of where he ranks amongst the top 50 greatest ever. Unless he absolutely dominates everyone from here on out, I don't know if these types of guys are good enough to rank him in the top 10 or 20.

That's a bad lose for sure but what I was getting at was that fighters improve. He's not that same guy. He's much better and GGG totally shut him down. Tons of fighters have came back from bad losses early in their careers. Even ATG fighters.

BlakeHendo - The guy is INCREDIBLY SLOW, Mayweather would fuck him sideways for sure and so will Canelo. Keep fighting Bums GGG

I heard he stopped Kovalev with a body shot.

Yall must have forgot.

Dreville79 - You and all the GGG crew need to calm down OP. Very good win for him, proved he's totally legit, but you're going way over the top mentioning him with such greats. He can be, but not yet Phone Post 3.0

I don't think he proved he is legit from beating Lemieux. I've thought that for quit a while now. You don't go 345-5 without being legit.

I was asking where his run ranks all time.

I'd go

1-Monzon
2-Hagler
3-Hopkins
4-GGG

That's not a list of the greatest MW's ever BTW. I'm talking about an unbeaten streak of title defenses. I don't want people to think that I have GGG as the #4 MW of all time.

Chaelismyhero - 
pharochuck - 
boxing wiz - 

In my honest opinion I think his run is very underwhelming. He hasn't beaten one single fighter that could be considered a big win. David Lemieux is easily his best win. Enough said. GGG looks to be a monster whom would be a tough night out against anyone who ever fought at 160.

This run is similar to Mike Tyson's. It looks very good until you look at who he is beating. GGG is stuck in a weird time where he doesnt have a real opponent. Monzon and Hopkin's runs were so much more impressive. Hell even Tito Trinidad moving up to beat Primed William Joppy and Hassine Cheriffi are bigger wins than GGG has so far. I think Julian Jackson's reign was better just because he fought legit guys like Thomas Tate and Herol Gragham. 

The good thing is GGG appears to be very damn good. He just needs some real names to get on his resume before claiming greatness. The skills are there, just the big fights need to happen.

this is pretty accurate. i give him credit for the lemieux win. tough guy with power. however kelly pavlik coming off the taylor win would have beat lemieux. taylor would have, hopkins would have. it's a very good win. shows he is elite, but i need higher level before i annoint him. to think about the level of his opponents, people want to declare that cotto is a fraud champ, but they both have the same amount of wins over top 10 guys. 1

in comparison, kovalev's reign at light heavy and what he's been doing is more impressive and i think kovalev is the best light heavy in the last 20+ years 

Damn. You think that highly of Sergey.

in the last 25 years 1990-2015 only light heavy i feel could have beat him is moorer.

he beats roy, tremendously overrated at that weight and never faced tough guys until tarver. nunn at 175 was already over the hill. toney was lack luster at 175 and didn't get his mojo back until 190 against jirov. he beats dawson. 

JoeDingo - 
BlakeHendo - The guy is INCREDIBLY SLOW, Mayweather would fuck him sideways for sure and so will Canelo. Keep fighting Bums GGG

Yall must have forgot.

only way i would believe that is if kovalev told me himself or if golovkin said it in front of kovalev and promised to do it again

Jackson_Junior - 
JoeDingo -

Yall must have forgot.
Floyd Mayweather got put down for over a 10-count by Zab Judah before his fight with Pacqiaou. Does that mean he'd do it again if they fought for real? Probably not Phone Post 3.0

errol spence gave floyd a black eye during that time frame as well. 

before holyfield fought tyson the first time, michael grant was reportedly flat out owning him every day in sparring

pharochuck - 
Chaelismyhero - 
pharochuck - 
boxing wiz - 

In my honest opinion I think his run is very underwhelming. He hasn't beaten one single fighter that could be considered a big win. David Lemieux is easily his best win. Enough said. GGG looks to be a monster whom would be a tough night out against anyone who ever fought at 160.

This run is similar to Mike Tyson's. It looks very good until you look at who he is beating. GGG is stuck in a weird time where he doesnt have a real opponent. Monzon and Hopkin's runs were so much more impressive. Hell even Tito Trinidad moving up to beat Primed William Joppy and Hassine Cheriffi are bigger wins than GGG has so far. I think Julian Jackson's reign was better just because he fought legit guys like Thomas Tate and Herol Gragham. 

The good thing is GGG appears to be very damn good. He just needs some real names to get on his resume before claiming greatness. The skills are there, just the big fights need to happen.

this is pretty accurate. i give him credit for the lemieux win. tough guy with power. however kelly pavlik coming off the taylor win would have beat lemieux. taylor would have, hopkins would have. it's a very good win. shows he is elite, but i need higher level before i annoint him. to think about the level of his opponents, people want to declare that cotto is a fraud champ, but they both have the same amount of wins over top 10 guys. 1

in comparison, kovalev's reign at light heavy and what he's been doing is more impressive and i think kovalev is the best light heavy in the last 20+ years 

Damn. You think that highly of Sergey.

in the last 25 years 1990-2015 only light heavy i feel could have beat him is moorer.

he beats roy, tremendously overrated at that weight and never faced tough guys until tarver. nunn at 175 was already over the hill. toney was lack luster at 175 and didn't get his mojo back until 190 against jirov. he beats dawson. 

Yeah I guess I agree with that. I'd give James Toney the best chance.

I Kovalev is the scariest guy in boxing right now. He fucking killed a guy and has not lost any of his viciousness whatsoever like a Ray Mancini who was never really the same fighter after Kim's death.

Jackson_Junior - 
pharochuck -
Jackson_Junior - 
JoeDingo -

Yall must have forgot.
Floyd Mayweather got put down for over a 10-count by Zab Judah before his fight with Pacqiaou. Does that mean he'd do it again if they fought for real? Probably not Phone Post 3.0

errol spence gave floyd a black eye during that time frame as well. 

before holyfield fought tyson the first time, michael grant was reportedly flat out owning him every day in sparring

I heard Holyfield sparred tyson when they were amatures and Holyfield got the better of him? Phone Post 3.0

I heard the exact opposite. Tyson beat the fuck out of Evander and had him spitting up blood but he just couldn't make him quit. He couldn't break him. Evander was dropped multiple times but just kept getting up and coming back for more.

Evander was,and I hate using this word,but he really was a warrior. I cringe every time I see someone use that to describe a fighter but god damn Holyfield was tough. He was cut from that Joe Frazier/Rocky Marciano cloth.

Foreman was a terrible match up for Tyson. I think Foreman knocks him out.

I read it somewhere. I don't know for a fact if its true. I do know that why playing pool they had some argument and squared up and it was Mike who backed down. That's pretty well known.

Chaelismyhero - 
Tomato Can - 
Chaelismyhero - 
Tomato Can - IMO Quillin and Jacobs would both beat Lemieux.

Quillen maybe. I think that's a 50/50 fight.

Jacobs no chance. He gets sparked out early. He's just another guy. We've seen him fight one legit world class guy in Pirog and he got ran over. He got dropped by Sergio Mora in his last fight who has 9 knockouts in his career.

What makes you think Lemieux is anything but "another guy"?

Jacobs may have lost to Pirog, but Lemieux lost to Rubio and Joachim Alcine, for fuck's sake.

He lost those fights when he was like 21. Outside of Pirog Jacobs has never even fought a fighter that was as good as Rubio. David was beating Rubio's ass before he gassed. He's lost a lot of weight has much better stamina. He can boxing,he can punch,he's been world champion.

I just don't think Jacobs is that good. He's alright but I'd say he's like the 10th best guy at MW. He's fought 1 legit guy and he got beat very badly.

Lemieux was 22 when he lost those fights. Jacobs was 23 when he lost to Pirog. And Lemieux also lost to Alcine who was total garbage and went on like a 5 or 6 fight losing streak after that.

We'll agree to disagree. I just think Lemieux is better all around fighter and he punches harder but to each their own.

Andy Lee is the only possible opponent of the 3. I don't think any 3 of them see the 9th but I think Lee would probably be the toughest fight of the 3. Even that fight I think would be pretty one sided. Lee has the best chin,best amateur pedigree,and most power of the 3. He's the only one willing to fight Golovkin.