Where to train in Denver?

Who are the best trainers in Denver?
Thx

Bang just opened his new gym and Nate just got a new one too! They are two world class gyms with a lot of great fighters!

If you're looking for BJJ/Grappling, than Amal Easton is the guy to see. He just opened a school in Denver. He's a Pan-Ams champ (masters) and has produced very good guys.

Greg

For stand up you can also train with Jeff Ford

I thought Jeff Ford went to Canada. I saw it on this website www.provinggrounds.ca

where to train is relative to what you are wanting to focus on. I am also a Miletich Fighting Systems Affiliate and have started a new gym in Centennial (www.KO-FFS.com). we are building up and may have a big surprise for the Denver Area later tomorrow. iIn the mean time you can look at the website ot call me at 303.596.1759.

Lets keep this real guys... We all know that Grapplers Edge is the school. I don't want to throw anybody under the bus, but if you want ground skills, G.E. is the place. Hit up ChadK for some boxing lessons, see Tom for M.T. and you have a complete training reg. Now all of you here can admit it!!

I've seen "Bang" fight...He's damn good! Maybe that's the way to go.

camelcluch-if you want wrestling and throwing skills, Grappler's Edge is the school, no question (possibly Northglen judo, if you're talking gi throws). If you want submission skills and fluidity on the ground, in and out of the the gi, then Amal Easton is the guy to see.

Greg

Not to blow my own horn, but LA Boxing in Littleton, CO ain't too bad either! HA! We have top notch muay thai (a couple of championships), great wrestling (some district wrestling, and state wrestling champions, Good jiu jitsu (my daughter is a beast, and we have several good guys that are coming up quick), and the boxing is superb.

The other schools mentioned are great, I just wanted you to know all of the facts. GOOD LUCK!

just curious, where is bang's gym, I know he trains out of Trevor's sometimes (T's K O gym) is that what you are referring to?

"if you want wrestling and throwing skills, Grappler's Edge is the school, no question (possibly Northglen judo, if you're talking gi throws). If you want submission skills and fluidity on the ground, in and out of the the gi, then Amal Easton is the guy to see."

I believe Grapplers has won 5 of the last 6 Pancrase tourny's. Unless there is no need for ground skills in a submition tourny, ok. As for throws, Sheldon is a B.B. in judo and very skilled. To make it harder, G.E. is considerably cheaper then most.

Where does Keith Wilson train?? He is a solid training partner with impressive wrestling and solid BJJ sub defense.

LABoxing in Aurora.

LOL... I'm so lucky..

I have trained at Grapplers Edge with ChadK he is a very good boxing instructor and a great friend.

LA boxing in Aurora is also a school I belong to and they are building a solid fight team under "Dirty" Doug Sauer

I train and do my cardio at Ultimate Martial Arts and Fitness with Luke Holdorf and Jim Allphin (Who are also members of House of Martial Arts Fight team (Steve Alleys school) so I get invited there a bunch)

I have trained with Jeff Ford as well I'm just not sure if he is Canada bound or not.

I'm a Ronin not a Creonite!

Just one more point: Eric Koble (Grapplers Brown Belt) moved up in wieght to beat Amel (Bjj B.B.) 9 to 1 and I believe an Amel Brown Belt lost to a Grapplers WHITE BELT in the last Pancrase!! But there is no ground skills at Grapplers, LMAO!!!

Sauer is the man!!!!!!!!!!!

I've gone to Colorado to train and compete several times and there's A
LOT of talented martial artists out that way. Amal Easton is one of the
best BJJ players I have trained with and more importantly, he is always
open to learning and sharing what he knows. Everytime I visit him, he
is always eager to learn and try new things, which to me is the mark of
a good instructor and martial artist. He has schools located in Denver
and Boulder and has some top-notch students as well.

At the last Pancrase tournament I was also very impressed with the
Grappler's Edge group as they all did well and seem to cover all their
bases, with the stand-up and ground techniques. They had one guy
that was literally throwing everybody he matched up with. I met
Sheldon Marr and he was very friendly and welcoming.

The best way to look for a good school is to go check them out and
take a class or two and see which fits best for you.

Andy Wang

lmao -

dude - everyone here will tell you there school is the best place to train -

bang is good - dont know who is in there to get good training with

nate is good - he has a MT guy in there too - dont know if any of his guys are that good on the ground (guys to train with)

grapplers edge has a good boxing coach, and some good WRESTLERS - wouldnt go there for ground skills

Boulder bjj (DENVER) - is NOT run by Amal (hell, he doesnt even teach that much in boulder) - but he has lots of very good ground guys - only been to boulder school, but there is lots of good compition, friendly people willing to help - i have many friends there and used to train there every once in a while - you cant go wrong there -

my pick would have to be COLORADO BJJ -

great group of guys - the instructor is also a multi time pan ams, GQ west champ, one of the first in the instructors program under helio (torrence) - seriously, he's one of the best instructors i've ever had, and i've had about 20 (i move alot)

they have several NHB fighters - there is a muay thai program, weight room , and if you're around long enough, you might even get a free lifetime membership to family fitness (a regional manager trains there and gives them to long time team members)

BTW - i'm a little biased, i got my brown belt there

"grapplers edge has a good boxing coach, and some good WRESTLERS - wouldnt go there for ground skills"-sreiter
Hey bud, if you need a helmet let me know. When was the last time Cobjj won the Pancrase? Be biased, but listen to reality. ttt for G.E.