Whittaker representing Australia in wrestling

In the commonwealth games. 

A weak wrestling g scene, but not bad for someone known as a striker. 

Cameroon won 4 Wrestling medals at the last Commonwealth Games. What do you mean a weak wrestling scene???

The commonwealth games is essentially a dual meet between Canada and India when it comes to wrestling.  If any of the other 50 something commonwealth countries ends up with silver it's usually because the Canadian and Indian in that weight class met up before the final.

There are some very rare exceptions, of course. Canadian Olympic champ Daniel Igali has been coaching the Nigerian team for a little while and they are starting to have some results.

RKing85 - Cameroon won 4 Wrestling medals at the last Commonwealth Games. What do you mean a weak wrestling scene????

I think he means Aust is a weak wrestling scene. 

Bench -
RKing85 - Cameroon won 4 Wrestling medals at the last Commonwealth Games. What do you mean a weak wrestling scene????

I think he means Aust is a weak wrestling scene. 

Exactly, but still impressive. 

And it’s gold gold gold to bobby knuckles 

What if he jacks his knee again at the games? 

Moist Gracie -

In for some video

https://youtu.be/EmQg_8RgJ_k

No idea how to embed that even as a blue

BringBackGoldy - 

Then he puts his fight career in jeapordy.

tryonmytoupee -
Moist Gracie -

In for some video

https://youtu.be/EmQg_8RgJ_k

He may be working hard on shoring up his wrestling anyway and figured, why not?

I didn’t think contracted ufc fighters could compete in other combat sports?

Depends on the fighter and depends on the sport and depends on what side of the bed Dana woke up on that morning.

They’ve always been more lenient on grappling events as well.

Nice. I’ll be working in the athletes village there, maybe I can meet him. 

Interesting he took out gold in the 97kg commonwealth qualifying division. I wonder if hell still wrestle at that weight. 

Didnt realise he was such a big boy. 

Whittaker began competing in amateur freestyle wrestling tournaments in 2015 when he unexpectedly turned up to compete in the Australia Cup in Canberra. He won each of his three bouts. It was also at the 2015 Australia Cup that Whittaker flagged the possibility of potentially representing Australia in Olympic or Commonwealth wrestling competitions. He returned to the wrestling mat in May 2017 and claimed the Australian Wrestling Championships gold medal in the 97 kg (213 lbs) division. After winning the national championship, Whittaker entered Australia's 2018 Commonwealth Games 97 kg qualifying tournament in November 2017. He would once again claim first place in his division and in doing so qualified to represent Australia in the wrestling at the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast. 

CaptainNemo -
BringBackGoldy - 

He really should be concentrating on mma.

BringBackGoldy -
CaptainNemo -
BringBackGoldy - 

He really should be concentrating on mma.

But now that l think about it l have been looking for an event to attend...might see about if l can get a wrestling ticket.