Who are the guys no one wants to fight?

Very few people dare to step up to Shannon the Cannon.

Pain4Blood2 - Raphael Feijao, JZ, Lindland, Cain for sure, Machida, Koscheck, and Fedor(everyone but Randy that is).

That list is absolutely wrong. High level fighters want to fight these guys because they are good and would be good wins. The guys that fighters don't want to fight are guys that are really good but have some losses. Some names that jump to mind are guys like Nick Diaz, Drew Fickett, et. al.

When the world ends, the only things left will be bacteria and Chris Lyttle.

So true

kalib starnes

lutter. end of thread

xakx - Fedor.

actually, with his reputation it can't hurt to lose to Fedor because people expect it anyway, so might as well take a shot at it

kooldownp - lutter. end of thread

^^^ Hi Travis!!!

Previous post edited due to someone posting b4 me

agreed with someone like lindland.

the tuffers arent too aware of who he is and he would likely beat 90-95% of the MWs out there.

That said, since he is highly regarded by the knowledgable, that alone would want to make some fight him.

Jake O'Brien gets my vote too.

Tom Erikson has to be the all-time #1 in this category.

Not even Nog when he was the Pride HW Champion wanted to face Erikson when Pride actually tried to put this match together.

In fact, Erikson had already accepted the fight with Nog, only Nog's camp then turned it down - which then prompted the calls about how Nog was ducking Erikson at the time.

But Mario Sperry, Nog's manager back then, came out and admitted that while he had in fact turned down the fight - that he should be the one to blame him for it, and not Nog or that it was because Nog was afraid - but because he as Nog's manager was just looking out for Nog's best interest.

And also that if Nog ultimately did have to fight Erikson, he would - it's just that Nog would need more time to prepare for someone like that.

Because Erikson was a very dangerous, 300 lbs. world-class wrestler - but who just didn't have much name value to him, so he was just too high-risk/low-reward an opponent for someone like Nog, who had a lot to lose (and where Erikson would have especially been a very dangerous styles-matchup for him).

So the bottom line is that nobody wanted to face Erikson in his prime - and thus nobody has ever had more missed opportunities in his prime than Erikson did. And then during those years of being avoided, his prime passed - with all of those potential fights having gone unrealized because of top guys not wanting to risk fighting him.

(Which is why he even went over to K-1 to actually do kickboxing instead, because he just couldn't get any big MMA fights in the meantime.)

TOMMY MORRISON

The guys that make for a shitty fight are the guys who aren't super active during the fight and have no issues trying to win on points.

Those guys make for boring fights and no one really has a good chance of winning any type of KO or submission of the night bonuses.

Kos is coming around, but he was a hardcore LnP guy for a while.  Sherk is another one.

Machida is hard to hit and beats you on points.  It sucks for guys who lose fights like that because it doesn't feel like a loss to them, even though it really is.

Personally, I dont want to fight Ken Florian...I dont like the idea of having to have my head stiched back together.

Brock Lesnar
Urijah Faber (sp?)
Anderson Silva
Fedor!!

Francisco Bueno

Most of the guys named are easy picks. leave the champs out. Hellboy is a great one bhealthy.

Hogar as much as I "dislike" him is a good one. Im not sure anyone can really look great against him and its not so much that you wouldnt wanna fight him or that he's good. its just the styles make fights sorta thing. he's that guy in high school on every sports team that nobody liked, but he was good enuf at everything to sicken you.

Minowa can make you look silly as well.

the ENTIRE 155 division in the UFC

Forrest b4 he was champ. Something not right about the skinny white cat that lives down the block whooping EVERYONES azz.

Fitch as well. He possess' Forrest like griminess. Best quality a fighter can have is being grimy!

Thiago Alvez-pick a reason

Scott "the LionHeart" Blevins

A couple I haven't seen mentioned yet: Ricardo Arona, Paulo Filho

+1 for tommy morrison!