Who conquered the most land?

In their single lifetime, who conquered the most territory. The three I can think of are Sulemein, Alexander, and Genghis, but am not sure. Can any of you more enlightened souls help me out? Thanks

Also, how old did Sulemein live to? Alexander was 32, Genghis 62. Cant find Sulemein's birth and death year tho...

Sulleyman was fairly old when he died--at least in his 60s...

Yah, I had 67 in my head, but wasnt certain. Any answer to the other question TFS? Thanks

Tracked it down. He was 72. Now, who conquered the most land? Any help there?

I think Ghengis trumped Alexander by a pretty good margin.

Yeah, I'd have to go with Genghiz in the "land conquered" department...

for sheer % of world population - Queen Victoria??

Yah, I considered the more modern colonial empires, but then decided that those were generally the result of generations of effort coupled with the fact that the ruling monarch remained at home rather than doing any actual conquering, so I ruled them out.

Alexander wasnt exactly an incredible social leader either...

alexander's empire lasted for a while - just in parts.

I actually did a class project on this many, many years ago.

IIRC, Genghis took first place, well ahead of everyone else. The rest of the top five (don't recall the order) were Alexander, Tamerlaine, Napoleon and Hitler. (I think.)

Nice, thanks. Now, how about the most people conquered?

christianity :-)

"Yes Ghengiz Khan took the most land and left the least impression"

His complete annhilation of cities in central asia and the middle east completely devasted those regions. They took centuries to recover. Its not a positive contribution, but I'm sure in left an impression.

On Alexander, I just learned the other day that he founded Kandahar.

Alexander destroyed his fair share of cities as well.

His complete annhilation of cities in central asia and the middle east completely devasted those regions. They took centuries to recover. Its not a positive contribution, but I'm sure in left an impression.Some places, like Kiev, never recovered...

Hi!Kiev did recover.And Kiev was not taken by Ghengiz Khan.It was stormed & burned by his grandchild Batu(not sute about english spelling)If you factor in what Batu(Batyi)added to Ghengiz holdings it's deefinitly the biggest conquest in human history

Kiev did recover.Tell us more.

it can be argued that the xenophobia of Russia is due entirely to the Mongol invasion and razing of their cities. They also changed Islamic culture forever too