Who did you score Jones vs Reyes for??

I rewatched this fight carefully and even watched round 3 twice.  I can’t for the life of me see how Jon Jones was given the W. 

Does any one really objectively think Jon won that fight?? 

3 Likes

Reyes took first three, Jones last two. 3-2 Reyes

3 Likes
spjackson77 -

Same when i watched it live..  Second viewing i had it a draw.  

3-2 reyes

3-2 Reyes.  There are close decisions.  Razor thin decisions.  Bad Decisions and outright Robberies.  I see this as a bad decision.

Jones 50-45 :)

Reyes 3-2

Reyes 3 rounds to 2. 

Reyes 3-2

I was watching as a fan not as a judge (they are hugely different experiences) but I thought Jone won. But I'm old school and think you have really take it from the champ, which isn't a thing in MMA like it is in boxing, so I'm prob biased.

4 Likes

Jones 3-2

3 Likes

Jones 3-2

For the record. I dont think you "have to take it" from the champ. He just won. 

3 Likes

Live I thought at the time Reyes 3-2 after a 2nd viewing a draw. Either way a definite rematch should have been booked.

Jones won

Reyes clearly wins 1-2

Jones clearly wins 4-5

3 is either Reyes or MAYBE a draw.

Theres no way Jones won the fight unless you disregard the criteria and just go with "he had more momentum at the end".

"You gotta take it from the champ" is.a corrupt boxing euphemism designed to rationalize shady decisions.

Jones had no answer for an opponent his size. He was outstruck for 15 straight minutes. 

The best factor of accomplishment for Jones was Reyes running out of steam via having to go 5 rounds.

1 Like

Reyes won the first three rounds.

Gassed out and went to survival mode losing the last two.

Jones got a gift decision.  What else is new.

Jon has had a lot of luck in his career now. Not to take away from his skill but the guy is lucky as it pertains to fighting. 

Vs Gustafson 1.

Vs Santos.

Vs Reyes.

Vs Sonnen.

Vs Bonnar.

1 Like

Round 3 was a toss up, but Jones won that fight

1 Like

I only remember that jones was eating left and right all night, Reyes won, no question needed

spjackson77 -

It basically comes down to round 3. Reyes flurry in the first minute or Jon's control with minimum output for the rest of the round. Was hoping for Reyes but wasn't upset at the decision

2 Likes