Who has the best genetics that fought in the UFC?

Nate Diaz, Who can smoke that much weed and still be that good at there job.

3 Likes
Song2 - 
Gancho Al Hígado -

BJ Penn. 

Wtf are you talking about?

I've seen more muscle on a chicken mcnugget.

BJ famously didn’t work hard and became a 2-division UFC champion.

For me, it’s BJ, Francis, Jones, and Yoel. All four were blessed with amazing chins. Jones and BJ succeeded with far less effort than guys like GSP put in. Jones in particular is remarkable because he is able to win 5-round wars and break people like Daniel Cormier without putting the work in in camp.

Francis is building one of the all-time great wins list at heavyweights and didn’t pick up the sport until he was 43 or something.

Yoel was built for combat. World champion wrestler. Freakishly good MMA fighter.

2 Likes

Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones are the first two that come to mind. To me phenom genetics should be reflected in athleticism that would allow the athlete to shine in multiple sports. Names like BJ Penn, Adesanya, GSP, I'm just not seeing it. All I see is hard work.

1 Like
Kirik - 

Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones are the first two that come to mind. To me phenom genetics should be reflected in athleticism that would allow the athlete to shine in multiple sports. Names like BJ Penn, Adesanya, GSP, I'm just not seeing it. All I see is hard work.

What other sports was Jones good at?

Kirik -

All you see with BJ Penn is hard work?? interesting.  

Have you seen GSP leaping over the hurdles?  If he doesn't have great genetics, I must not understand what great genetics is.   

1 Like

The jumping gene skips a generation. BJ hit the lottery on it.

![](upload://910SzQzegxQckJuUVd5be0hpQVh.gif)

2 Likes
TzTinkle - 
Kirik - 

What other sports was Jones good at?

Wrestling.

“Brock Lesnar should be an option”

It would have been interesting to see what Brock Lesnar could have done had he a) started earlier, b) staid in it longer, and c) not gotten diverticulitus.

Jon Jones has got to be up there on this list for sure. Maybe at the top.

theshooter - "Brock Lesnar should be an option"

It would have been interesting to see what Brock Lesnar could have done had he a) started earlier, b) staid in it longer, and c) not gotten diverticulitus.

The effect of his diverticulitus is a real MMA mystery. How much did that change him? Etc.

Yoel, Brock and Randleman followed by a huge drop off. 

1 Like

"Have you seen GSP leaping over the hurdles? If he doesn’t have great genetics, I must not understand what great genetics is. "

It is astounding the GSP was ever the victim of bullies. Maybe the guys who bullied him were older and bigger than he was. GSP is not a really big guy, but with his natural athletic ability it would seem that he’d be a tough guy to bully.

“The effect of his diverticulitus is a real MMA mystery. How much did that change him? Etc.”

It definitely had a negative effect on his ability to train.

Jon Jones was the first one I thought of for reasons that have already been covered. I forgot about Brock, but he’s got to be right there with Jones. Both came in looking like champs, and both continued to look like champs even as the level of competition rose. 

BJ is up there for me too. He had great flexibility, a great chin and a knack for seeing and seizing upon opportunities. 

If heart (aka gameness) and a willingness to work hard and prepare is an inborn trait, then GSP trumps all, but I don’t think that counts towards athleticism. 

Thread title should be “who had the best steroids”

I hate when the Q of the Day has the blatant answer right in the photo for the thread.

"Who has the best genetics in MMA?" BIG FUCKING PIC OF YOEL ROMERO

That said, obviously Romero or maybe Sage Northcutt. They both probably had a little “help” at some point, but it wouldn’t work the same without those genetics.

Dustin Poirier's salon quality hair has to have him in consideration 

1 Like
Jouska -

Brock Lesnar should be an option

Genetics + Vitamin S, do can defense.

![](upload://wAyOxnOlmfz4suN0lK6tzdy9cTe.gif)

Obviously it is Sexyama. 

3 Likes