Who has the best genetics that fought in the UFC?

jon jones

a silva

amanda nunez

Mark Coleman.

Couture easily but him jacking off on cam ruined it for me.

2 Likes

going to nominate chris lytle.

guy never quit I donrt think he was even finished in a fight.

one of the worst guys for anyone to step into the cage with.

no matter what you knew it was going to be a war and you were probably both going to the hospital win or lose.

1 Like

fuck I just looked at his record guys amazing. 2 tko stoppages due to cuts. all the rest are decisions.

Professional mma record breakdown

54 matches31 wins18 losses

By knockout32 (tko cut)

By submission220

By decision616

Draws5

Professional boxing record

13 Wins (7 knockouts, 6 decisions), 1 Loss (1 decision), 1 Draw[8]

Bare knuckle record

Professional record breakdown

3 matches3 wins0 losses

Pettis is one of the most physically gifted guys I’ve seen compete in MMA. Wonderboy is special. Lots of Brazilians as well like JDS, Aldo, Vitor, Anderson. 

Oddly enough I’d say Hendo as well. He’s not as physically lean as some of the guys on this list maybe doesn’t strike most people as having good genetics/being athletic, but the way that guy was able to explode at a moment’s notice was amazing. He also never really evolved his game and beat a lot of top guys later in his career.  

Alan Jouban ..,hands down..I'm not gay but I would kiss him lol

Just throwing out some names that haven't been mentioned. 

Marvin Eastman 

sean sherk

barboza 

But when you factor in durability it’s Romero all day. 

Jeff Monson

sarcotraps -

If your talking genetics for fighting it is Jones. The crazy reach and his strength. Plus cardio for days and a great chin. Fighter IQ is also top notch. His biggest flaw is one punch power. 

This

Is being super explosive the best genetics?

Sure it has huge advantages but it comes at a cost if a guy stays in your face & survives the the power… U gas hard.

There are a lot of fights like Nick Diaz Vs Daley.

Stipe beat Francis & hunt.

I don’t recall Melvin Manhoef wearing a ufc belt.

Guess my answer is GSP or maybe Lawler or woodly. Guys that are explosive but not sure much as Melvins manhoef or Guillard

Nah probably Lombard

Randy had the best genetics

1 Like
Baboo Baby -

Jeff Monson

Here's a letter from Monson saying he wants to come back to the US and fight here again:

![](upload://qnIRTdy8eObq1Rh2e2kITPUsmqN.gif)

Argonaut - 

Phil Davis

Romero

Matt Mitrione (NFL Lineman-2 seasons)

Jon Jones

Brock Lesnar

Francis Ngannou

Overeem

All hit the genetic lottery in terms of height and reach, muscle tone or plane athleticism. 

I don’t think that Phil Davis is close to the top. He’s an NCAA champion who never came near a UFC title. If he was the most athletic for MMA, he would have done better.

wiggum -
Argonaut - 

Phil Davis

Romero

Jon Jones

Brock Lesnar

Francis Ngannou

Overeem

All hit the genetic lottery in terms of height and reach, muscle tone or plane athleticism. 

I don’t think that Phil Davis is close to the top. He’s an NCAA champion who never came near a UFC title. If he was the most athletic for MMA, he would have done better.

Phil beat lyoto, alex, and glover and was close to a title shot prior to losing to AJ. 

He was close. I dont see him beating dc or jones though. 

Connorwinztharematch -
wiggum -
Argonaut - 

Phil Davis

Romero

Jon Jones

Brock Lesnar

Francis Ngannou

Overeem

Phil beat lyoto, alex, and glover and was close to a title shot prior to losing to AJ. 

He was close. I dont see him beating dc or jones though. 

Phil is actually limited by his athleticism. He’s not a bad athlete by any means but compared to guys like Romero or Jones, he falls short

another stud wrestler that is lessened quite a bit by their athleticism is Ed Ruth. If he was much more explosive and fast he would have the title or be fighting for it. I was actually surprised by how plodding Ruth is 

Prime Mirko Cro Cop. As far as fight genetics go, the man was a MACHINE!

1 Like

Sage

I don't think hes been mentioned, but I think its a good one even though he lost to Frank Shammy in spectacular fashion, Kenny Monday. I believe free Olympic gold in '88, (dont think it was 92). Blathletics meets genetics baby...

Sage SouthButt