Who invented the BJJ slap hands-fist bump?

Who introduced it to the art instead of bowing?

What came first, the slap hands-fist bump or the minimalist slap hands?

And a big slap hands-fist bump to whoever it is, you know what I'm talking about. thanks

That's the Brazilian version of the dap handshake. It's not exclusive to Brazilian grappling

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dap_greeting

please explain it to students that are not from the west. not everyone is familiar, AND some blockheads are actually offended if you do not participate.

Yea i just found out about this last month. I always just slapped hands and rolled. Then i go to Renzo's for a day and after we slap hands these guys are holding there fists out for a bump, I was like "oh uh...what? oh fist bump ok"

then the other guys do it and I figured out it was there thing. do most schools do that?

Jeremy Sykes - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dap_greeting

Alright, but doesn't answer the questions

*slaps hand, fist bumps*

My first answer does. All the "bros" in Brazil shake hands like that.

You study the Brazilian interpretation of Japanese jacket wrestling. Some Brazilian culture is going to bleed into it.

Took me a solid week to figure that shit out. Phone Post

Rickson of course

I did. You're welcome.

It's the same in thailand Phone Post

It's a regional handshake in New Mexico. Maybe it got started through Jackson's or something.

Elias Cepeda -  I did. You're welcome.

Stop lying! I am taking credit for this action.

I doubt Maeda slap hand fist bumped.

A BJJ slap hands-fist bump, or a terrorist fist jab. You tell me!

At my school we just slap hands and roll. I sometimes roll at my kids wrestling gym.

They shake hands sometimes but in practice usually judy go at it.

I'm on vacation right now and visiting another school. The slap and fist bump.

All are fine with me.....When in Rome and all that Phone Post

TeamRenzo - 
Elias Cepeda -  I did. You're welcome.

Stop lying! I am taking credit for this action.

HA! We should do a  "slap to fist bump"  contest.

I just assumed besides looking "cool", it is used to ensure a fair start. If you just slap, one guy can grab the others hand and catch him off guard with an armdrag or something. With a bump, there is no way to grab.