Who is the most marketable fighter of all time?

Brock Lesnar

Sadly, Shogun could've been a huge marketing tool for mma. He just couldn't stay healthy and got in his own head way too many times. Wanderlei would tell us that Shogun could've been the De La Hoya of mma. This is pre running like Usain Bolt drug test Wandy, mind you. When he had all of our respect, including mine. Phone Post 3.0

BROCK LESNER Phone Post 3.0

WARcabrinha15 - Ali was up there with God at one point but Carson had a very educates list. Even Conor himself says he isn't even in the same breath as Ali. Everyone saw how mad Tyson got when he heard that Floyd said he was greater than Ali.

Either way, Felix Trinidad, Oscar, Canelo, Floyd (they pay to see him lose but they pay nonetheless), Manny Pacquiao, Sugar Ray Leonard, Joe Louis because of his bout with Max Schmeling (World War 2 played a huge part in this).

Hate to say it since they are so new to the game but Ronda Rousey, Conor McGregor and don't be surprised if little Joanna Champion becomes a household name for years to come. These younger fighters need to take a page out of the boxing success cookbook. Phone Post 3.0

Tyson has always had a lot of respect for the fighters from years past....Liston,Dempsey,Ali,etc

Tito is a good one. All the Ricans were behind him,he was exciting,could punch,was always cool with the fans

WARcabrinha15 - Sadly, Shogun could've been a huge marketing tool for mma. He just couldn't stay healthy and got in his own head way too many times. Wanderlei would tell us that Shogun could've been the De La Hoya of mma. This is pre running like Usain Bolt drug test Wandy, mind you. When he had all of our respect, including mine. Phone Post 3.0

Oscar was brought up perfectly. He was a gold medalist so he already had a lot of hype behind him. He was matched up perfectly as he came along.

I was he had stayed sober. I think he's great fighter but I think a focused clean Oscar could've been one of the 25 best fighters to ever live. He had the talent and desire to fight all the top guys regardless of weight.

I mean an old shot to fuck drunk Oscar gave Floyd a tough fight. I had it a draw.

Mickey Rourke

Carson's Corner radio show - 

Great additions. As soon as I typed that list I thought of quite a few more! I'm sure my ignorance of historical stuff has left hundreds of fighters from the past out. Even with just a few names on a list you see how many huge superstars boxing has had, MMA is really just getting started in that respect.

Excellent thread OP!

Thanks man. I looooooove talking about boxing.

ApolloRD -
stringtheory - Conor McGregor. Phone Post 3.0

Biggest Conor fan in the world, but that's madness. Tyson and Ali are surely leagggggues ahead of him.

Lol Phone Post 3.0

BORK LAZER
THE BROCKTAGON
BROCK BACK MOUNTAIN
THE HUNT FOR RED BROCKTOBER

Carson's Corner radio show -

Depends on the market, I'd say by country -

England - Frank Bruno, Ricky Hatton, Sir Henry Cooper

Ireland - Barry McGuigan, Carl Frampton "The New Barry McGuigan"

Wales - Calzaghe, that thin guy who got killed in the ring in the black and white era

Scotland - Donnie Hood, Ricky Burns (distant 2nd)

France - Marcel Cerdan

Spain - Vega (Balrog)

Mexico - Canelo, Jorge Kahwagi, Oscar (also US)

Panama - Roberto Duran

Germany - Klitschkos, Dariusz Michalczewski, Sven Ottke, Schmeling, Marco Huck

Australia - Sonny Bill Williams

South Africa - Frans Botha

United Staets - Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Tyson, "The Fighting Marine" Jack Tunney, Max Baer (he marketed himself), Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Oscar again, "The Golden Greek" Jim Londos

Canada - David Lemieux

Carl frampton is an incredible boxer....he is makin his American debut on Saturday against alejandro Gonzales. Hope u boxin fans will be tuning in. Phone Post 3.0

look at the ppvs:

boxing - Tyson

MMA - Lesnar

I'm a little surprised at no mention of Fedor in the Russian / Japanese markets Phone Post 3.0

Yeah Frampton is very fucking good. He's a P4P talent.