Who is the scariest fighter ever for their time?

With Francis being 263 and just a wrecking machine, it made me think back to some of the old school match ups. Some of these guys have up a lot of weight but not skill, and sometimes it was just a total mismatch. My pick will be the smashing machine himself. Mark Kerr was just a nightmare of both size and skill, along with discipline. He would stalk his prey and could fight standing, but once he got a takedown it was hell unleashed.

Tank in the early days was pretty intimidating 

2 Likes

For a short period? Brock Lesnar

1 Like

Bob Sapp

1 Like

Juiced to the gills Wand in Pride

7 Likes

Juiced to the gills Wand in Pride

2 Likes

Wand & Mirko were legit in their primes.

2 Likes
Winston Wolf -

Bob Sapp

That's a good one. Most people think of the shell he became, much like Kerr. When Sapp tried to kill big Nog has to be one of the scariest things ever in MMA. Wand stomps were scary as hell as well. I just think being under Kerr when there was headbutts is about as scary as it gets.

FEDOR 

2 Likes
cawkgobbler -

With Francis being 263 and just a wrecking machine, it made me think back to some of the old school match ups. Some of these guys have up a lot of weight but not skill, and sometimes it was just a total mismatch. My pick will be the smashing machine himself. Mark Kerr was just a nightmare of both size and skill, along with discipline. He would stalk his prey and could fight standing, but once he got a takedown it was hell unleashed.

Francis has terrible form its embarrassing yeah he landed in his last fight but, meh that was embarrassing. 

Wouldn't call him the scariest fighter every. 

1 Like

Ubereem

Kerr with knees .  Fuck all that 

1 Like
Gritty - 

Kerr with knees .  Fuck all that 

This. If Mark wanted to have sex with you, he could.

Tom Erickson was pretty damn scary

2 Likes
TwoCheekSneak -
cawkgobbler -

Francis has terrible form its embarrassing yeah he landed in his last fight but, meh that was embarrassing. 

Wouldn't call him the scariest fighter every. 

I don't think anyone has so far so I don't see your point. My vote was Kerr. Knees, headbutts, hell he punched the shit out of a guy for going under the ropes. Like Jon said, if Mark wanted to have his way with anyone there wasn't much they could do about it.

Wand, Shogun, Rampage in his Pride days.

I remember being a pretty big fan of Chuck Liddell and watching Quinton Jackson dismantle him. The UFC really fucked up that fight on Fight Pass. I remember, several times, the camera focusing on Rampage’s face while he was stalking Chuck. It was intimidating as fuck to see that and see that Chuck really had absolutely no answer for him.

Pete Williams 

dangerboy12 - For a short period? Brock Lesnar

You're smoking crack. Wtf? 

Igor Vovchanchin

3 Likes

Coleman with headbutts, scariest thing you'll ever see in an MMA match