Who makes it into the UFC from Strikeforce?

I think for Ryan Couture's own benefit he should take a couple more fights outside the UFC before getting thrown into that stacked 155 division. He'll have alot of hype going in as Randy Couture's son.

double

UGSlapshot - 
MMALOGIC -

Barnett should be a question mark.

Not really, he's a top ten fighter. The heavyweight division in the UFC has a ton of fighters I'd rather see them cut. Phone Post

Im sure they'll try but there's a question mark whether they can come to terms.  His next fight is his 4th fight which means it's probably his last or thereabouts so if they dont sign a new deal i dont see it happening.

i think in the eyes of the ufc barnett is a maybe, but i hope he gets in Phone Post

Need to correct that list because Tim Burke didnt include Barnett in his Def In list.

MMALOGIC - 

Dana has a long history of working with fighters that he has had differences with. Barnett will be in.

Very excited to see Roger in the UFC, I hope they build him up slowly.

Healy, Saffedine, Mein, Lawler, Noons, Masvidal, Bowling, Voelker, Stinson, Radach (at middleweight) and Marquadt should all be in the definitely list, all exciting fighters.

Kirik - 
MMALOGIC - 

Dana has a long history of working with fighters that he has had differences with. Barnett will be in.

Taking a picture with someone doesnt mean they can come to terms on a contract.

Its all about money, what Dana is willing to pay and what Barnett is willing to take.

He was one of the highest paid SF fighters, he just lost to DC, he has history with Dana, do you think Dana is gonna match that same offer or give him more? HE is gonna probably offer less and I dont see Barnett taking it out of pride. He can fight for WSOF, OneFC, wrestle in japan, sign with Bellator/TNA and fight as many times as he wants in two sports to make money.

I hope it happens but I'm not sure they will be able to come to terms on a contract. Plus they are gonna have to pay these other guys like Gilbert, Nate, Mousasi etc.

josh thompson

All the SF women will get in except probably Yamanaka (probably can't make 145) and Kerry Vera (probably retired and if she isn't, she probably should pick up a few wins on the indies now). Cyborg I agree is a unique case and has issues to work out.

Marquardt I see coming over with zero problems.

Of the ones the OP said were probably out, I really disagree with Dion Staring (will get rewarded with at least one shot simply for stepping up to fight Daniel Cormier and HW is thin), Anthony Smith (coming off a win over a good prospect in Lumumba Sayers), Mizuto Hirota, James Terry (5-1, coming off a win), and Roger Bowling (was something of a prospect before losing to Saffiedine, who is now the #1 contender).

The only issues Nate Marquardt has to work out is his pay. Guy has a name casuals know and helps some of the weaker cards.

I dont really agree with this list, theres guys like Lawler that bang, and thats what the UFC is trying to get more of. I dont think they will all be judges on their chances of being contenders but rather ability to put on a fight that people go crazy over.

Cat Zingano is a star. UFC will keep her Phone Post

ah im pretty sure Billy Evangelista is no longer with strikeforce i did read that somewhere and i dont see jorge santiago or mike kyle in the ufc to be honest. But im pretty pump to see the rest of them in the ufc going to be some good match up i really want to see mousasi at 185 but idk if he will go down

Kirik - 
MMALOGIC - 

i dont think dana is the one with the problem...  i think Barnett is like fedor... he wants to be his own man which usually doesnt equal a ufc deal.

MMALOGIC - 
Kirik - 
MMALOGIC - 

i dont think dana is the one with the problem...  i think Barnett is like fedor... he wants to be his own man which usually doesnt equal a ufc deal.

Yeah they seem to have clashing personalities, Barnett is gonna want to get paid and Dana probably wont offer what Barnett likes. He wont take a deal just to be in the UFC, he probably wont take a lesser deal out of pride.

He should be in the UFC no doubt but I think he will be a roaming fighter going org to org fighting as much as he wants and also wrestling in Japan.

Or maybe Bellator/TNA offers him a big exclusive deal so they can have a real name legit top HW that can be their champ.

KevinMcAllister - 

Barnett better be in. I will raise a stink if he is rejected. A STINK I SAY! Phone Post

This.

Rick Martel.

I bet you see them making Gina a decent offer to come back and fight

Scott Coker and Gus Johnson....