Who whooped Rampage worse?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Shogun fight looked like a 14 year old boy tried to fight a man. Shogun DESTROYED him.

Wand beat Rampage worse. Shogun never made him lose consciousness.

Silvas' second fight... seeing the fight go down, hangin in the ropes, blood gushing, then Silva celebrating and hearing the victory music with an ko'd rampage. I thought I was going to see his leg twitch and a defibulater ... he was stiff

Wanderlei, hands down. There is no comparison. Rampage didn't even look like he wanted to fight Shogun; he was yelling-nay, TALKING-TO HIS CORNER the whole time he was getting beat on. And boy, was he getting BEAT on. The bizarre thing was how he was treating Shogun, like "damn man, stop hitting me for a second so I can talk to my corner!!"

The first fight against Silva was quite a whoopin', but the second fight was a WAR-a total fuckin' war-where either guy could have won for much of the time, but also a war culminating in a stomach churning finish. You just don't get much more of a decisive victory than that, PERIOD.

Rampage might even beat Shogun in a rematch. he had no idea what he was in for, obviously took the fight lightly, and got hurt right off the bat. Still, Shogun couldn't put him away; it was more like the ref just got tired of watching Jackson do nothing while getting the shit knocked out of him. Shogun has shown that he can get knocked on his ass pretty easy by a good striker, and I doubt his takedowns are going to be enough for a back up plan against Jackson.

Rampage vs. Silva now is a toss up. Silva has probably become a little gun shy, whereas Rampage's confidence couldn't possibly be higher now.

I think Liddell could definitely beat Shogun, but its another toss up with Silva. Before I thought that Silva didn't have the punching power to hurt Liddell, but after the Fujita fight (and the fights before that...), its clear that Silva has gained some seriously viscous punching power to go along with the speed and accuracy he already had, not to mention those knees. My GOD, he threw and landed full power long knees against Fujita faster than most people jab for Christ's sake. I'd still expect Silva to get dropped at least a few times, and I really don't see him getting Liddell down. on the ground though, whereas Liddell would probably take him down pretty easy (I see both guys shooting right away when they're in trouble). Kinda funny though, Liddell had the advantage under Pride rules IMO, and UFC rules favor Silva.

I still think Liddell has a freakish chin AND the kind of gifted/freakish peripheral vision that keeps a guy from getting knocked out. Jackson landed a perfect punch, both in technique and timing. That would have at least given George Foreman a nasty headache.

"anderlei just smashed his face in bloody and left the place looking like a bloody crime scene w/ Quinton's twitching body lying face down through the ropes. KOed, disfigured, and just trainwrecked."

great description

Vanderlai beat him more brutally, but Shogun outclassed him by a larger margin. Against Silva, it looked like he had a chance, but Wandy was just more agressive and a better finisher. Against Shogun, he was completely owned from the opening bell, and never looked like he had any chance.

In any case, the Quinton who fought Shogun is not the Quinton who beat Chuck, either in UFC or Pride. He was in terrible shape, and didn't seem like he was mentally prepared to fight. I would still give Ramp a better chance against Wandy that Shogun, though.

Silva 2 easy. Both fights, Shogus as well, show that jackson can take just about as much punishment as anyone on the sport.

silva2=bloodbath

someone post that slo-mo gif of the right hand that smashed jacksons nose and sent vibrations through his head

Shogun.......because Rampage was competative with Silva despite losing, where as Shogun hurt him quick and never let up.

" Both fights, Shoguns as well, show that jackson can take just about as much punishment as anyone in the sport."

Rampage is one tough SOB! Even his losses are exciting scraps. It looks as if Wanderlei has the overall popular ass kicking vote, and everyone pretty much agrees that Shogun's fight was more dominating. It will be cool to see these guys fight each other in the cage!

bhealthy, you need to work on your material kkm.

The problem with the fight against Shogun which many of you obviously either don't know or aren't taking into account was the major life changes going on with Quinton at the time.

Quinton had gone through the beginning of major changes and turned his life over to a higher power. Part of the problems he was having, he fasted for days prior to this fight. He was not ready to fight. Not eating for 3 days prior to the fight and hoping that God will carry you isn't wise.

Not taking anything away from Shogun as he is an extremely powerful force in MMA. I just wanted everyone to take into account the issues going on in Quinton's own head prior to the fight. And as we all know, it was that fight that was the end of his relationship with Colin Oyama (professionally).

Quinton told me he thought Shogun was better and hit way harder than Wand.

I would like to see Quinton fight him now that his life is a bit more sorted out and he is with a good camp, eats well, and most importantly, has his confidence back.