Who wins this UFC 4 Tournament?

MrColdCock -
TheBearStare - i say kimo or remco. kimo would win just by being bigger and stronger than everyone. if remco gets thru him hed probably win just because he would have(at least in theory) better grappling skills over the others that he would exploit.

^Nice video. Voted Up.

Does anyone know when Mezger started training at the lions den? His ground game looked pretty good in the Fairn fight.

I don't think Mezger wins the standup vs Gordeau or Smith and maybe not against Howard or Hackney, no matter how many jump kicks he lands in a karate tournament. Can he get those guys to the ground and can he beat them there, even if he does? I'm not so sure.
Mezger started at the Lion's Den I think late in 1994. Phone Post 3.0

Lol, although it's a legit point, I think it was funny to bring up the hair angle. Justified though.

buddie - I think Pat Smith would destroy Gordeau honestly.
This. Phone Post 3.0

CLINTK9 -
D241 - 

Lol, although it's a legit point, I think it was funny to bring up the hair angle. Justified though.

lol, Well I just dont see Gordeau, Pat Smith, Kimo or Harold Howard agreeing to a gentlemans agreement to not pull hair.
I agree. In the Smith/Kimo fight that was posted Kimo pulls on that weird knot Smith had his hair in. You could throw Hackney into that list as well. If he has no problem with nut shots, I doubt he has one with pulling some hair. Phone Post 3.0

CharlesLewis - 

LOL, I am no fan of Smith to be sure... partially because he gets way overhyped for a guy who crushed smaller cans and quit in every hard fight he ever had, partially because of the rape charge, and partially because I think the guy was just a d-bag. 

It's a pet peeve.

I agree Smith had some skills but no heart

Don't think any fighter quit more than Smith,.......well maybe Sapp

Jennum > Hackney = Tough fight - Hackney lands some before eventually being taken down - Jennun controls top poss sub or dec 

Gordeau > Smith = Tough fight to call - Smith hit harder Gourdeau more technical - Smith folds Gordeau wins

Kimo > Remco = After some ground fighting Kimo gets to top - Kimo GnP Tko 

Mezger > Howard = Trade a few till Harlold gasses - Mezger Tko 

DeLucia > Weit = Delucia quick sub 

Hard to say how much damage each would've taken in first fights of tourny, so just picked as if each were fresh

Jennun > Gourdeau - Jennum gets fight to mat - sub or dec

Kimo > Mezger - Both still relatively green - imo Mezger didn't have sub to finsh Kimo at that point - Kimo gets top Gnp TKO 

Kimo > Jennum - Uses strength gets top - headbutts Gnp TKO

bobby boulders - 
CLINTK9 -
D241 - 

lol, Well I just dont see Gordeau, Pat Smith, Kimo or Harold Howard agreeing to a gentlemans agreement to not pull hair.
I agree. In the Smith/Kimo fight that was posted Kimo pulls on that weird knot Smith had his hair in. You could throw Hackney into that list as well. If he has no problem with nut shots, I doubt he has one with pulling some hair. Phone Post 3.0

Can you blame Kimo? After what Royce did to his hair?

MrColdCock - 

Hypothetical UFC 4 tournament. All fighters are returning vets:

Left bracket:
Keith Hackney
Vs
Steve Jennum

Pat Smith
Vs
Gerard Gourdeau

Right bracket:
Kimo Leopaldo
Vs
Remco Parduel

Harold Howard
Vs
Guy Mezger (making UFC debut w/ long hair)

Alternate fight:
Jason DeLucia
Vs
Orlando Weit

Who wins it? Phone Post

Jennum by toughness, Smith by KO, Remco by outsmarting:-(, Mullet Mezger outlasts mullet Howard.

I'd pick Delucia over Weit.

Then Smith sneaks in the KO over a tough Jennum, mullet Mezger catches a late sub on Remco.

In the final, Smith is tired, and Mezger broke his mullet, so Delucia comes in and puts up a fantastic fight and catches the weary Smith with the "Screaming monkey fists" TKO.

Then Kimo rages into the octagon dragging voodoo dolls with crosses jabbed in them declaring himself King whichever city he's currently training in.

VU

mezger wins it all

Remco Pardoel vs Carl Franks  - Shooto  (1995)

Steve Jennum vs Marcos Ruas - WVC  (1996)

Steve Jennum vs Jason Godsey  -  Extreme Challenge  (1997)

Pro Ice is the man. I remember reading about these fights, but never watching them. Phone Post

Couple other vids relevant to thread

Harold Howard vs Hugo Duarte  - UVF 3  (1996)

Pat Smith vs Kiyoshi Tamura - K-1 (1995)

Pat Smith vs Dave Beneteau - U-Japan (1996)

Pat Smith vs Fabio Gurgel  -  WVC 3  (1997)

Pat Smith vs Marco Ruas - WVC 4 (1997)

UGCTT_UncleCreepysDingleberries -
countsavage - Ufc 4 is won by Royce he fights Severn in the final. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you, this thread is confusing as fuck Phone Post 3.0

yeah i watched it yesterday royce wins ufc 1,2 &4 Phone Post