Why are Colby and Usman not submitting guys the same way Khamzat does?

It’s because they relied primarily on wrestling.

2 Likes

Gilbert is a world class BJJ black belt. He’s one of the best of the best

1 Like

Wrestling and grappling go hand in hand

1 Like

Again I revert back to Jorge Masvidal. Both Colby and Usman dominated him for 5 rounds but never came close to finishing him on the ground

Does anyone at all believe Khamzat would not have finished Masvidal in 25 minutes? C’mon. He’d submit him just as he did Holland and Jingliang

4 Likes

I think a lot of wrestlers who transition to MMA didn’t have a good submission game to begin with and therefore rely on boxing first. They already have a good ground defense game and boxing is a lot easier to pick up than high level submission set ups. That being said, having solid BJJ basics would go a long way for a talented wrestler. Add to the fact that wrestlers never seem to do well off of their back. It’s just natural for them to stand, punch and defend takedowns.

He puts Masvidal to sleep in round 1

2 Likes

Some people take pride in never ending a fight with a submission hold. Because fuck bjj pajama grapling . wrestling>bjj.

Its a fight, hit them in the head as many times as possible.

1 Like

That seems like a cope for fighters who lose to grapplers

2 Likes

Have Colby or Usman lost to grapplers

1 Like

No but I bet Usman wishes he had submitted Leon in the 2/3/4 rounds of their last fight

3 Likes

Maybe so but I was speaking to god of thunders statement

Even Brock Lesnar learned submission and submitted Shane carwin

Submitting your opponent rather than trying to just pound them out (no homo) is more efficient with your energy and stamina as well

3 Likes

I guess Colby and Usman are fighting guys like Usman and Colby

2 Likes

because they are fighting 100x better competiion.Only top 10 guy Khamzat fought was Burns and he didnt come anywhere near subbing him./Coby and Usman fight top 5 guys every fight cant say the same for Khamzat

2 Likes

Winston, do you believe in 25 minutes Khamzat would not have been able to finish Jorge?

1 Like

who knows ? JOrge has only been subbed one time and he s fought 100000x better competion than Khamzat,believe and doing are 2 different things

that said i think he would Hes also twice his size But Colby and Usman fight top 5 guys EVERY fight .Khamzat fought 1 and had no finish and wasnt close and Usman destroyed Burns

You guys came to grapple, I came to fight (even though I got tapped out).

Sure, but wrestling and submissions do not.

Again, Colby and Usman relied primarily on wrestling when they were in similar places in their careers when compared to Khamzat.

Your post doesn’t make sense, considering hitting someone “in [lol] the head” isn’t a part of wrestling.

PS. I’d much rather be KO’d than have my limb snapped or knee destroyed.