Why are Colby and Usman not submitting guys the same way Khamzat does?

Didn’t Khabib himself say that Demian Maia has some of the best takedowns in the UFC?

1 Like

0/34 on takedowns in his two title fights

1 Like

Against prime Anderson and prime Woodley? Fuck outta here

1 Like

Chael and Weidman took Silva down. They’re Wrestlers lol

1 Like

Damn I forgot how hostile this thread got :rofl::rofl:

Ever since I became a MMA fan I’ve been screaming for Wrestlers to get good at submission from top position. Their speciality is taking fighters down. But then the majority of them don’t do much after that. It drive me nuts

Anyways. I’m rewatching Usman v. Edwards 2 right now. Usman dominated rounds 2 3 and 4, and all of 5 until the final minute. He had SO much time and opportunity to submit Edwards but never came close to doing so. He also never came close to finishing him with grounded strikes. It’s infuriating

And I’m not biased. Even though Colby is one of my favorite fighters today, it drives me nuts that he doesn’t now how to or just doesn’t care to try to submit fighters from top position. He can get guys down and keep them there but can’t do much after that

This is why Khamzat is so exciting. And I know everyone hates the Russians but that is why Khabib and Islam are exciting too. And I know everyone thinks I’m Jack but I’m not. I do respect those 3 though for their extremely high grappling and submissions skills

1 Like

This was a mic drop moment lol

RelievedDelectableHoneycreeper-size_restricted

Never would have happened to Khamzat cause I don’t think the fight would have been still going in the 5th round

Side note I also don’t think this would have happened to Colby because he never just stands in front of an opponent without moving or throwing anything for as long as Usman did here

You make it sound like he had him down a whole bunch. He didn’t. A lot of it was controlling against the fence while standing. Or am I remembering mistakenly?

1 Like

Compared to a fight like Sonnen Silva 1, no. Not THAT much. But he took him down in every single round. But didn’t hold him down as much as Sonnen did to Silva

He couldn’t hold him down for shit!

Half Baked Boo GIF

1 Like

Also in the second round Leon actually
Shot a double leg on Kamaru and Usman had his neck for a few seconds but never went for a Guillotine choke

We just saw this past weekend Said Nurmagomedov getting that choke while defending the takedown

That was another wasted opportunity for Kamaru

1 Like

Leon is a way better fighter than that guy

1 Like

You’re saying Leon is better than Said? The guy Said submitted? Or better than Usman?

… or all 3 lol

Just finished watching their first fight too now. Not much to take from it other than Usman is strong as fuck and good at control

But he just doesn’t do much damage and he doesn’t even try to set up submissions

Jorge has never been subbed ever. He got put to sleep, sure, but he never ever submitted, a crucial prerequisite for being submitted.

thats a good fight, masvidal would be 100% able to survive the storm, and has experience with submissions, great cardio, i would take mas here, he would rly quick kick the dog out of khamzat

this, you can see it in all his alt accounts too

You’re fucking crazy

Colby took Jorge down. At will. And made Jorge his son. Khamzat is bigger stronger and better than Colby

i doubt khamzat would be flipping mas like he did with kevin