WHY ARE PRIDE'S BEING DELAYED?

Can anyone say as to why prides are being delayed broadcast in the USA? I would much rather watch them live!

Wolvie KY

umm.. I'm on hold with them right now give me a minute so that I get a straight answer

Throw the excitment factor out the window.

So they can go back and edit the fights so that the Japanese fighters will always win!

LOL @ ibblazed

You'd have to stay up until 4 in the morning to watch them live,that's why they are delayed

"You'd have to stay up until 4 in the morning to watch them live,that's why they are delayed "
next day delay would suit us all fine i think, not a 3 week delay.... who is gonna stay off here for 3 weeks... not i, therefore i wont order it, but if it was shown say monday evening i sure as hell would.

Yeah I usually already know the winners before I ever get to watch it. SO whats the point

Wolvie KY

The US isn't the main source of fan base for them, so they won't be trying to do simulcast. They won't make as much off our PPV revenue, so why would they go that extra mile like you want? Plus, its expensive to buy those blocks of time on PPV as well and unlike you alot of people WON"T stay up that late to watch the event live.

lol, and once again WHO would be staying up (and I am talking overall fans, not the hardcore ones)? I'll tell you, not many. SO its not worth their time and money to even do it. Sucks I know, but we gotta accept it.

Weekends=higher ratings, last one was on superbowl sunday so they delayed for sure. the lack of business knowledge and strategy in the UG amazes me sometimes...

Too true, YamatoDamashi, too true.

They are delaying Bushido because it wouldn't make sense to have two PPVs within 8 days. If you look at PRIDE's schedule, they don't have a show scheduled for next month so I guess they are filling that void for the causal fan (who won't know the results or won't think to look for them or won't even know they show is delayed by a month). PRIDE does have a show scheduled for each month from April 'til November so I don't see any more delays for the rest of the year.

Two PPV in 8 days? Sounds like poor marketing by Pride. Its the equivlent of flushing PPV $$ down da toilet broadcating fight 3 weeks after event.

I am getting tired of repeating this I wish some of you would use commen sense.

"Two PPV in 8 days? Sounds like poor marketing by Pride. Its the equivlent of flushing PPV $$ down da toilet broadcating fight 3 weeks after event."

Maybe in the u.s. but in japan which is there main market, they can sell out back to back shows.

Also Nacirema is correct, they are not going to show two ppv's in america back to back. Unless they want less buyrates.

First bushido was delayed because it was a last minute thing to get it on ppv, originally it was not suppose to air on ppv.

Pride 27 was simply delayed because it was the day of the superbowl, and ufc was the night before, it would be suicide to run it then.

Other then that, all the rest of prides ppv last year except pride 26 which was a week delay was same day delay.

Believe it or not because you fans dont see any reason why the ppv's are not shown when you want, there is other problems that get in the way.

"Two PPV in 8 days? Sounds like poor marketing by Pride. Its the equivlent of flushing PPV $$ down da toilet broadcating fight 3 weeks after event."

Date: 02/14/04 07:33 PM
4156 Total Posts Ignore User
Last edited:14-Feb-04 07:34 PM

Maybe in the u.s. but in japan which is there main market, they can sell out back to back shows.

Maybe they can sell back to back shows in Japan, but I don't care how big Pride is, to alienate 99% of planet earth is just plain and simple stupid!

It may be 99% of planet earth, but how much of Pride's market do you think that 99% makes?

Sorry to inturupt, but I forgot...Am I waiting until March 21 for this Bushido event? That's when it's on US PPV, right? Thanks.

Right, If they would plan to air them with in two weeks here in the USA would be good too. Just NOT a whole month or longer.

Fight Fan Forever

WolvieKY

I personally like the discounted price. Delay them all I say!