Why did Ronda Rousey train with Edmund?

Isn’t Gene LeBell’s/Gokor’s school kind of an MMA gym too? (Karo Parisian, etc.)

Wasn’t he fucking her at the time?

1 Like
phydeau - Wasn't he fucking her at the time?

Gene LeBell and Ronda?

2 Likes

Beccause he did a very good job of telling her what she wanted to hear. 

11 Likes
ufc98newb -

Beccause he did a very good job of telling her what she wanted to hear. 

boom.

1 Like

He trained her to be a second rate striker and she fell in love with punching and kneeing people. She really needed a wrestling coach to teach her how to take down women and submit them. You can tell also that Chocula was in love with her and probably masturbated many times while thinking about her. He would do anything to keep her there. He would always tell her how great she is. He told the mma reporters that she was knocking out ranked female boxers in the gym. She probably liked how much attention that she got from him and she was winning with him until she met up with a couple of real strikers. That’s the only reason that she stayed I think. 

Unless, of course, he has a giant hog…

3 Likes

I think Edmund was the striking coach for Gokor & LeBell’s gym,

Gene -> Gokor -> Karo/Manny -> Count Edmond

She said many gyms weren’t into teaching MMA for women back then. Until she found Edmond, she stayed mainly because she was loyal. Edmond brainwashed her until thinking she was good striker and was bangkok ready. She should have switched camps early and focused on her judo. Her own ego was her downfall.

lol @Bangkok Ready 

If she would have learned a nice double leg. I mean. She could’ve been so much better. Holly took her to school. 

Stu Cazzo - 

lol @Bangkok Ready 

It was a misunderstanding...he said "ready to bang cock,"  she heard "Bangkok..." it was just a terrible misunderstanding. 

1 Like

5 Likes
ryanJ -
Stu Cazzo - 

lol @Bangkok Ready 

It was a misunderstanding...he said "ready to bang cock,"  she heard "Bangkok..." it was just a terrible misunderstanding. 

That’s the excuse Gerald’s coach should’ve used...

CMFanforlife -

He trained her to be a second rate striker and she fell in love with punching and kneeing people. She really needed a wrestling coach to teach her how to take down women and submit them. You can tell also that Chocula was in love with her and probably masturbated many times while thinking about her. He would do anything to keep her there. He would always tell her how great she is. He told the mma reporters that she was knocking out ranked female boxers in the gym. She probably liked how much attention that she got from him and she was winning with him until she met up with a couple of real strikers. That’s the only reason that she stayed I think. 

Unless, of course, he has a giant hog…

His hog also has a widow’s peak.

1 Like

Given her personality I can’t imagine too many gyms would have wanted her there plus at the time women’s mma wasn’t what it is now.  From her book she sounded like not the nicest person in the world and couple that with the low probability of making money (again at that time) I couldn’t imagine many coaches wanting her in their gyms. 

JThomasufc91 - 

If she would have learned a nice double leg. I mean. She could’ve been so much better. Holly took her to school. 

She had serious knee injuries that prevented he from performing doubles. People thought she had a super exciting in reality, she had to run at people throwing punches hoping to end up in a clinch because that’s all she had.

2 Likes

Why would anybody?

That guy knows as much about coaching as I do about particle acceleration.

That time my guy Dennis exposed dracula and made him cower behind Ronda for protection. 

https://youtu.be/huPIIRxFKME

4 Likes

Apparently he’s coaches some pretty decent boxers and we know he’s got that young guy in the ufc now who I think he’s coached since childhood and he looks like he could be the future. 100 percent wrong coach for Rhonda who needed a liborio and that wasn’t edmunds fault either. 

Bad coach for ronda but plenty of time to write his own story aside from her with the new guy he’s got testing it up at the moment.