Why did Ronda Rousey train with Edmund?

yusul - she cat syndrome; ignore and she keeps coming. he ignored her.

she had a strong chance of beating holmes and nunes IF she got the right coaches. let’s look at gsp for a second:

boxing-roach

bjj-danahar

wrestling -olympic athletes

conditioning and regular training-tri star zahabi

strategy-jackson.

now let’s look at rousey:

boxing-chocula

bjj-rener?!?! (akins for a while, but she lost him because relationships, yada, yada)

judo? i don’t think she had one, she left gokor’s training, she alienated 2 of the top schools.

wrestling? ditto

conditioning? edmond

strategy? edmond.

what i would have suggested

boxing: roach, garcia sanchez-all in cali

bjj: roger gracie, werdum, maia, danahar, stevens

judo: ishii, aoki, maybe stun gun, canto, travis stevens

wrestling: maybe woodley? hendriks? i’m sure some olympian or iowa state alumni are around.

conditioning? rhadi ferguson, or pulkkinen or poliquin or paulchek (her conditioning wasn’t a problem though)

strategy: jackson or zahabi or someone from aka (cook?) or blackhouse maybe.

by the time she was ufc champ, she could have afforded a training camp like gsp.

R1 (Ricco Chiparrelli, etc.) is right in LA

theshooter - I think Edmund was the striking coach for Gokor & LeBell's gym,

This is part of the answer.

The thing that no one has mentioned is that the Armenians are tight.  If you look at what happened to them in recent history, they stick together and rely on each other, I want to say they only trust people within their own community. 

The Glendale community is big time Armenian.  She trained with those guys from a very early age.  She's a part of their culture.

Mustard Tiger -

Holy sweep the fucking leg batman!

Edmen turned her from a wrestler into a wannabe striker. She trained more at Gokors before Edmen came into the picture & Influenced her.

in the end she moved her entire camp to Edmens gym & sooner or later it caught up to her 

Are Gokor and crew still on good terms with Edmund?

The Destroyer88 -
judo man - She said many gyms weren't into teaching MMA for women back then. Until she found Edmond, she stayed mainly because she was loyal. Edmond brainwashed her until thinking she was good striker and was bangkok ready. She should have switched camps early and focused on her judo. Her own ego was her downfall.

I think it was Gokor's gym where a lot of the guys didn't want to train with a woman, and she had a lot of problems finding sparring partners early on in her career.

They were Too busy talking about generic brand vcr with Sony parts inside. Very good. Give you a deal. 

the entire Rousey era was just delusional levels of hype and is still hard to wrap your head around

FatBuddha - 

she had a strong chance of beating holmes and nunes IF she got the right coaches. let’s look at gsp for a second:

boxing-roach

bjj-danahar

strategy-jackson.

boxing-chocula

bjj-rener?!?! (akins for a while, but she lost him because relationships, yada, yada)

judo? i don’t think she had one, she left gokor’s training, she alienated 2 of the top schools.

wrestling? ditto

conditioning? edmond

strategy? edmond.

wrestling: maybe woodley? hendriks? i’m sure some olympian or iowa state alumni are around.

conditioning? rhadi ferguson, or pulkkinen or poliquin or paulchek (her conditioning wasn’t a problem though)

by the time she was ufc champ, she could have afforded a training camp like gsp.

was she training with ricco? i don’t remember seeing him in her corner.

Edmond played hard to get with Ronda from the moment she walked in his gym. He's probably packin a massive hogoso and eventually dicked her down.

ufc98newb -

Beccause he did a very good job of telling her what she wanted to hear. 

This

SuperMann - 
ufc98newb -

Beccause he did a very good job of telling her what she wanted to hear. 

This

I think it was more than that You had everyone including her mother just bagging the hell out of him. There was no way she didn’t hear it.

I think she also got stuck by her own shit talking. She trash talked other people who changed teams and coaches and was stubbornly trying to prove that she was right not to, and that loyalty is of supreme importance.

yusul - 
FatBuddha - 

boxing-roach

bjj-danahar

strategy-jackson.

boxing-chocula

wrestling? ditto

conditioning? edmond

strategy? edmond.

was she training with ricco? i don’t remember seeing him in her corner.

No, I’m saying she should have trained with Ricco to add a non-upper body clinch dependent takedown to her arsenal. I don’t buy the knee injury so I can’t do wrestling takedowns thing. If you can do a lunge, you can wrestle., and I’ve seen her do plenty in open workouts.