Why does GSP get so much credit for poaching a blind, lameduck MW champ Bisping?

Dude admits to knowing about his eye problems and KO’ing him because he attacked his blindside.

Only comes out of retirement so he can poach the weakest MW champ in history… yet wouldn’t fight Silva his entire career.

Then claims he has diverticulitis the day after he wins and retires from the division.

This is more of a mark on his legacy (like getting starched by a LW journeyman Serra) than it is something to be proud of.

7 Likes

Admits to winning by targeting the eye when he won.

1 Like

He had been out of the game awhile and saw and took the best opportunity he would have to take the MW title. I don’t recall him getting a lot of accolades for it but it was a wise business decision.

3 Likes

People only really started calling him the GOAT over Fedor after the Bisping fight.

It’s all about stat’s, $$$ & opportunities. GSP has them all covered. Champ in 3 divisions.
Fedor was stuck in HW & fought lots of cans. Bispings eye was gone long before GSP exploited it. He is a master of the game plan. You need to rewatch his fights & see why he is the GOAT. Did I mention his hand in USADA?

3 Likes

I really don’t think GSP status changed much by this fight. When he walked away, he was considered in the goat discussion. Nothing changed one way or the other

10 Likes

How did I know it was you?

1 Like

Because he’s GS fucking P.

5 Likes

I was there at MSG, nice seats too. One of the greatest UFC cards ever and I had the luck of being there. GSP took the belt from Bisping, Rose took the belt from Johanna, and TJ took the belt from Cody. Great fuckin night!

10 Likes

I dissgree, coming back after that time off and moving up a weight class to take the belt from Bisping definitely added an extra Dimension to his aura.

*and although Im not a huge Bisping fan, I’m glad he got the fight against GSP as opposed to Anderson Silva whos pissed hot

5 Likes

He doesn’t from me. Great accomplishment for an undersized, retired fighter. But I don’t think he would’ve come back for any other MW champ to fight. It was definitely cherry-picking.

Huge accomplishment in perspective, but come on.

2 Likes

Getting the MW belt by fighting an old, blind champ who got a title shot for his marketing skills. Gsp would have had zero chance of beating the MW monsters who were Romero, Costa, Jacare, Kennedy, Weidman etc….

Bisping and GSP, i like both of them, but they had a fake belt, they were never MW champions. Sadly the UFC is a entertainment show, not a sport.

1 Like

Things definitely lined up just right for it to happen. Wonder if there was an eclipse that day as well?

Not sure, I thought GSP looked kinda bad in that fight too aside from the very end.

GSP lost to Hendricks. He never avenged the loss. Vacated the belt and quit fighting after that and has never fought at that weight class again.

Almost everyone has GSP losing that fight:
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/4707/Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Johny-Hendricks

Including Dana:

Usman beats any version of GSP.

4 Likes

He gets credit for destroying almost everyone he fought, being a gentleman and not getting caught up in Lil kid bullshit that permeates this sport. He repped the sport well.

12 Likes

Yeah, he only beat the UFC Middleweight champion. Man he sucks.

5 Likes

People were calling GSP the goat long before the Bisping fight.

The goat discussion is difficult but imo GSP is the definitely the goat when you take out all the others that popped for PEDs

5 Likes

You are retarded.

You post shit like a 13 year old on too much Mt Dew and skittles.

Confidently incorrect.

Bisping knocked out Luke and defended his belt against a guy who just brutally knocked out a top contender.

Thats the facts and nothing that comes out of your fat little hands to your jizz stained keyboard can change it.

And GSP was called the GOAT before he even retired, noob.

8 Likes

Look at this moron trying his best to paint Bisping to be some powerhouse MW champ

gtfo

It was a poached cherry pick. Everyone knows it.

And no… Fedor was widely known as the GOAT when Hendricks beat GSP up and sent him packing.

1 Like

A lot of titles are won by matchmaking.

2 Likes