Why does GSP get so much credit for poaching a blind, lameduck MW champ Bisping?

I would favor Anderson if they fought because of the size difference. I don’t believe GSP could take him down but i do believe Chael said he trained with GSP and that GSP really surprised him with how strong he was.

Anderson would have wrecked GSP just as badly as JBJ would have wrecked Anderson

As fun as those super fights were to talk about they never made any sense. The size difference between each of them was too much

2 Likes

Gsp said he would take the fight at any weight and Dana said no.

Khabib also turned down a 100 million dollar fight with Mayweather you fucking moron

Nobody believes he was scared of this guy

1 Like

I disagree on a couple of points. Anderson Silva was bigger than GSP and even more skilled. He would still beat GSP even if they were the same size. As far as Silva vs. Jon Jones, Silva had a skill advantage while Jones had a size advantage. I think Silva’s superior skill would have made up for the size difference if Silva and Jones had fought.

This. He went up a weight class after a prolonged retirement to fight a legitimate champion.
I picked Bisping to win this fight myself.

1 Like

Wow, did not know this. Source?

According to DFW Randy Couture “cheery picked” Tim Sylvia. Got the fight, scored an easy win and solidified his name in the history books.

GSP picking Bisping, with the confidence of having trained with him, is a veteran move in my opinion.

GSP gets so much credit because of his career accomplishments the Bisping win and MW championship is just a small part of the whole package.

2 Likes

Idiot

4 Likes

i do not give him any credit for beating bisping. i think most do not as well. he was also losing that fight and gassing badly, lucky for him he landed that big punch…

We’re just gonna let this slide?

I became a Bisping fan when he told Matt Hamill to shut up on TUF.

Who was the guy always bringing Hamill sandwiches? That’s about all I remember about that season lol

1000% This. I despised him after his celebration of the “win” over Hammill. But the wonky eyed one grew on me…

GSP choked Bisping out you stoopid fuckin noob

4 Likes

Not necessarily bro. Luke and Bisping had heat back when Rockhold was in Strikeforce and their champ. Michael has claimed in an interview that based on a sparring session they had Luke had nothing and you could almost say he’s the strikeforce champ lol. I remember showdown Joe Ferraro called it on MMA Connected back in the day.

Damn GSP is a beautiful man.

1 Like

GSP juiced out of his mind in that fight. Fucking disgrace.

was this before or after matt hamill clearly beat him jajajja?

1 Like

Probably upped his prayers, vitamin’s, or both.