Why don't you train/fight?

Bat21 -  I'm too old and too broken to train anymore. 

Me too. I used to train and compete in judo and in points karate till I got old and broken :)

Bjj 5 years this month.
Wrestling 2 years
Boxing one year.

I don't want to fight until I have 4 years of wrestling. Ain't no amateur taking me down. I'm competing alright at the d2 level. So we will see I might take one in a summer or two Phone Post

I do muay thai, and have been doing for about a year.

I do it for fun and because it gets me in really good shape and keeps my body fat low.

I have a very good friend that fights and is a legit martial artist and after "training" with him a couple times, I realized that I am just a part-timer.

The guys that can train year-round and stay with it have my ultimate respect, because it's very demanding.

Kudos to all the people on here who are legit. lol

I guess I should also add I don't compete because I don't need to risk those kinds of injuries.

But - despite the lengthy list of everything I've fucked up (including the "ligament that does nothing") I will train until I die.

I have trained in Kickboxing and wrestling with some no-gi bjj for three years, and started formal bjj training in gi almost a year ago. I am in my late 30's, have a busy job and family; but I am lucky enough to live close to the school and classes start at the kids bedtime so I am not really missing much family time. If guys can find six hours or more a week to golf or do a bowling league, they have the time to train 2-3 times a week.I compete in bjj, but do not intend to compete in kickboxing or mma. I realize I am about 15 years too late to start a succesful mma career; and do not want to take a fight without being able to focus 100% on preparation. I will stick to getting better so I can help push the younger guys as they prepare for fights. Phone Post

I get my exercise fulfillment from weightlifting. Don't need to risk injury from training.

Also - even though I used to wrestle I'd feel odd getting my exercise in by rolling on mats with sweaty old dudes. I'm past that point in my life.

I'm retired. Too many surgeries and the last one was a doozy. Best Sport in the world tho.

I started Wrestling at 16, did BJJ for like a year in Orlando back in 2003 or so, up until about 6 months ago, I was lucky to train once a month do to military stuff. recently i've been training in garages, open mats, etc and finally have a good group thats willing to let me hit them in the face a little bit. I'm moving to SoCal next year and eventually want to fight (bucket list thing)....but if i never do, i'll just keep traneing because its fucking fun

TeamRenzo - I dont know how people can be fans of a sport and not try and participate in the sport. I don't fight but I do love to train.

Also, I am calling BS on people saying they have no time. I work lots of hours, have two kids and my wife works nights yet I still find time to train.

One of our city's leading heart surgeons trains BJJ, if can find time to train then we all can.

Again, you think the millions that watch the NFL play football, competitively or casually?

You think everyone that's followed boxing over the decades has or should have trained in it?

How about the huge chunk of the world that follows soccer?

Kinda naive, dont you think?

I don't have time to fit in traneing around my cider drinking, I never could multi-task Phone Post

TeamRenzo - I dont know how people can be fans of a sport and not try and participate in the sport. I don't fight but I do love to train.

Also, I am calling BS on people saying they have no time. I work lots of hours, have two kids and my wife works nights yet I still find time to train.

One of our city's leading heart surgeons trains BJJ, if can find time to train then we all can.

Hey Team Renzo.......

Eat a dick! Phone Post

Yea I don't get how being a fan means you need to train/compete in it too. Phone Post

I'm thinking about starting some BJJ but I will probably stay away from the striking aspect for a few reasons.

1) I have a history of concussions from playing hockey for 15 years.

2) Due to a broken jaw from playing hockey my wisdom teeth came in funny and now I have dentures, so my jaw just doesn't feel as structurally sound as it used to.

3) I'm 135 pounds and 5'11" I would get murdered.

"TeamRenzo - I dont know how people can be fans of a sport and not try and participate in the sport."

This is BS.

molsonmuscle360 - I'm thinking about starting some BJJ but I will probably stay away from the striking aspect for a few reasons.

1) I have a history of concussions from playing hockey for 15 years.

2) Due to a broken jaw from playing hockey my wisdom teeth came in funny and now I have dentures, so my jaw just doesn't feel as structurally sound as it used to.

3) I'm 135 pounds and 5'11" I would get murdered.

Let me murder u baby Phone Post

Strongly considered it.

I have the physical tools to be a legit strong HW.

But my best friend fought this year and came home and his face was obliterated for about a month plus he got TKOed.

Now I am not going to.

voorhees - Strongly considered it.

But my best friend fought this year and came home and his face was obliterated for about a month plus he got TKOed.

Now I am not going to.

It's apart of the sport train hard enough obviously your friend didn't. Phone Post

ThePoopWizard -
voorhees - Strongly considered it.

Now I am not going to.

It's apart of the sport train hard enough obviously your friend didn't. Phone Post

Yeah because people who train hard do t get busted up................................. Phone Post

I train BJJ, compete in it and box a bit. I might take a ammy fight some day but have no aspirations, kinda might do it just to say I did it.

I have no problems with fans no training, its not for everyone. I do have problems with people sitting on the internet all day shit talking fighters skills, heart, chin etc when they cant run a mile and haven't trained a day in their lives.

I also find it fucking hilarious that guys like Orcus claim "time" as a reason they don't train, when they have 66 thousand fucking posts on a internet message board.

Caught_clean - I train BJJ, compete in it and box a bit. I might take a ammy fight some day but have no aspirations, kinda might do it just to say I did it.

I have no problems with fans no training, its not for everyone. I do have problems with people sitting on the internet all day shit talking fighters skills, heart, chin etc when they cant run a mile and haven't trained a day in their lives.

I also find it fucking hilarious that guys like Orcus claim "time" as a reason they don't train, when they have 66 thousand fucking posts on a internet message board.

I'd choke orcus out. Phone Post