Why don't you train/fight?

I watch Deadliest Warrior on Netflix. Phone Post

Everyone that watches any sport trains/competes in it?

I dont know how people can be fans of a sport and not try and participate in the sport. I don't fight but I do love to train.

Also, I am calling BS on people saying they have no time. I work lots of hours, have two kids and my wife works nights yet I still find time to train.

One of our city's leading heart surgeons trains BJJ, if can find time to train then we all can.

TeamRenzo is correct.

I love training BJJ, I do it when I can.  I also love getting hit and hitting back, unfortunately i have braces for another 10 months.  I will fight one day. 

TeamRenzo - I dont know how people can be fans of a sport and not try and participate in the sport. I don't fight but I do love to train.

Also, I am calling BS on people saying they have no time. I work lots of hours, have two kids and my wife works nights yet I still find time to train.

One of our city's leading heart surgeons trains BJJ, if can find time to train then we all can.

Well just because you lo e football doesn't mean you have to put the pads on and run downfield Phone Post

I'm too old and too broken to train anymore. 

Lucky enough to train for free. Boxing and Bjj both twice a week.

Just started boxing a couple months ago.

Im looking to fight for sure. When I'm ready. Phone Post

Started in judo as a little kid, stayed for a few years until folks couldn't pay. As an adult did hapkido, then bjj, sambo, some striking & wrasslin.

Got tired of being hurt all the time, was negatively affecting other parts of my life too much.

Still miss it alot. Phone Post

trained on and off 10+ years, mostly off. didnt like being sore the next day, was very scared of getting injured. i'd tap quick just in case. never had the slightest desire to compete.  if i had a friend or neighbor who was willing, and mats, i'd still roll a few days a week. no desire to pay full price at a structured school with 30 minutes of warm ups.

TeamRenzo - I dont know how people can be fans of a sport and not try and participate in the sport. I don't fight but I do love to train.

Your right about the time. I know i could find the time to put the extra work in. I usually get in 3 days a week. I guess the thing is spending time with my family is higher on my priority at this moment. I notice how fast my son is growing up and i have a hard time missing a night with him to go get beat up. I make the sacrafice at least 3 times a week but its hard for me to do more than that.

Just depends on your priorities.

I work 10 to 12 hours a day usually 7 days a week. I have a 5 year old daughter that goes to gymnastics twice a week and piano lessons once a week. I'm also a single dad. I still find time to train at least 4 days a week. If you're blaming work for not being able to train I don't buy it..... Phone Post

Let me clarify - TeamRenzo is correct from the POV that training time can be found in many cases.

Heck, I don't fight for the reasons I've mentioned and it would be hypocritical of me to suggest anyone else do what I don't do myself.

Also, frankly I find it much more fun to do than watch. The last UFC I paid for was about 2 years ago.

dabbled in tae kwon do as a kid and fought a couple of American Kickboxing matches at the age of 12-13

laid off the MAs for a few years to skateboard

started traneing Lumpinee about 6 years ago on and off.....never competed but have fought in what would be considered a "smoker" twice.........usually trane lumpinee 3-5 times a week with 50% sparring at least once a week

Have trained mostly bjj(blue belt) and also a bit of boxing, muay thai and mma. Have only competed in bjj. I haven't trained in over two years but would like to get back into it soon.

I did train BJJ sporadically between 2002 - 2005. I switched gyms to a place I could learn bjj, wrestling and muay thai and the coach focused heavily on conditioning and took training a lot more seriously. Trained 5 days a week, several hours a night and after about a year just burned out and never went back.

Five years down the road I still wish I stayed with it at least casually.

Time / Money / Have other hobbies

I train Hapkido and Boxing and a little grappling. Been at it for a number of years. Phone Post

I had been boxing since last August. I met the owner of a MMA gym about 35-40 minutes away, he invited me up. On my 3rd day he told me he needed a heavyweight for his card he's putting on. That night decided to hell with it and took the fight. Three weeks later and it's the day of the fight. I go in and get the shit kicked out if me the first round, second round I took his back from the clinch, tripped him down and pounded on him until he tapped. Two months later I lost my job and spent all summer unemployed. Now my new job is a hour in the wrong direction of where I train so I just haven't had the time. It sucks. Phone Post

roll n spar for fun with some of my boys that do train