Why I Won't Watch Fedor's First Strikeforce Fight

Watching Strikeforce and their commentators, I sometimes become physically ill from the verbal blowjobs they give to their fighters. Now, I understand hyping up someone...but jesus, I think Gus Johnson literally came in his pants after Mousasi KO'd Babalu. Mauro Renallo sounded as if he was bent over with his pants around his ankles waiting for someone to treat him like a dirty whore. It's just pathetic! I mean, it's grabbing at straws when you have to OVERHYPE the fighter to the point you make yourself look foolish.

Now can you imagine what it's going to be like when Fedor has his first fight? I think the broadcast panel will break out into an orgy halfway down his ring entrance because they won't be able to contain themselves anymore. I mean, even before he made his debut, they are already saying words like "game changer" and "pound for pound, the best fighter in the world". It's a fucking SHAM!

My plea...GUS, please tone it down just a little, as to make watching the show, somewhat enjoyable. Mauro, yes, Fedor is good, but you don't have to give us the verbal equivalent of a Bukakke starring Fedor and his 100 clones. Please guys, please...I can't take it.

Thanks.

You could try the mute button if it bothers you that much

extremely homoerotic post.

"and "pound for pound, the best fighter in the world". It's a fucking SHAM!"

How is this any different than Rogan saying similar things about Penn,GSP,Silva etc?

Unless your issue is that Fedor is overhyped and hardly a pound for pound candidate

I somewhat agree with this post. mauro was even sucking on fedors teet when he was not even at the last event, screaming fedor after gegard won?!

gus is just dumb

So you are going let a (in your opinion) douchebag prevent you from watching Fedor fucking Emelianenko fight!??!  Boy are you going to show THAT guy!!

thats a great gif cre, almost thought he was going to drop the peoples elbow

btw I would watch fedor fight but I still hate the hype he gets.. the last emperor, badest man on the planet, king of mma

yeah right

are you aware that televisions have buttons on them that allow you to make them louder or quieter? 

I heard that Gus Johnson just read this thread and now plans on calling Fedor a "pretty good fighter."

He appreciates your feedback.

Diego stole my name - "and "pound for pound, the best fighter in the world". It's a fucking SHAM!"

How is this any different than Rogan saying similar things about Penn,GSP,Silva etc?

Unless your issue is that Fedor is overhyped and hardly a pound for pound candidate

remember when joe said that about fedor on the ufc

1) Fedor is arguably the #1 HW, I say arguably, because if Brock wins another 1 or 2 fights in dominating fashion, Fedor moves to #2 due to lack of competition.

2) Fedor WAS P4P the best in 2003-2005. He has been usurped by Anderson, GSP and Machida. If he went into the UFC after Pride, think how different it would be. Times change, fighters get better, you can't rest on what you did 4 years ago.

3) I don't even have showtime, but I will most likely find a way to watch it, even though the announcers and production really suck. I will watch because I'm an MMA fan, and I watch all promotions, even one's I dont really like.

4) Yes, my voicing my displeasure with the announcing team will not change a fucking thing. I still, however, like to voice my opinion in the hopes of planting a seed of public will that will snowball into a huge grassroots movement to replace Gus Johnson and Mauro Renallo with competent MMA broadcasters. Ok, maybe not, but what else is a public forum for, if not for the posting of pointless threads that have no relevance in the grand scheme of things?

Samoanpowr - So you are going let a (in your opinion) douchebag prevent you from watching Fedor fucking Emelianenko fight!??!  Boy are you going to show THAT guy!!

They should change his nickname to Fedor 'fucking' Emelianenko. That would be awesome.

"Times change, fighters get better, you can't rest on what you did 4 years ago"

His last fight was 8 months ago.

He's proven himself as the best heavyweight ever and that's not even close to debatable.  The fact that you're arguing that a 4-1 fighter has overtaken him is laughable.  The fact that you would expect a commentator to share your ridiculous view is beyond laughable. 

Hus - Watching Strikeforce and their commentators, I sometimes become physically ill from the verbal blowjobs they give to their fighters. Now, I understand hyping up someone...but jesus, I think Gus Johnson literally came in his pants after Mousasi KO'd Babalu. Mauro Renallo sounded as if he was bent over with his pants around his ankles waiting for someone to treat him like a dirty whore. It's just pathetic! I mean, it's grabbing at straws when you have to OVERHYPE the fighter to the point you make yourself look foolish.

Now can you imagine what it's going to be like when Fedor has his first fight? I think the broadcast panel will break out into an orgy halfway down his ring entrance because they won't be able to contain themselves anymore. I mean, even before he made his debut, they are already saying words like "game changer" and "pound for pound, the best fighter in the world". It's a fucking SHAM!

My plea...GUS, please tone it down just a little, as to make watching the show, somewhat enjoyable. Mauro, yes, Fedor is good, but you don't have to give us the verbal equivalent of a Bukakke starring Fedor and his 100 clones. Please guys, please...I can't take it.

Thanks.

have you heard Frank Mir commentating?

Just another MMA prude IMO.

Shit, play some Black Sabbath in the background if you hate it so much. Better yet, go to a live event and listen the the commentary of the toothless wonder sitting in front of you and You'll gain a new respect for even the worst professional commentary.

Mad Xyientist - He's proven himself as the best heavyweight ever and that's not even close to debatable.  The fact that you're arguing that a 4-1 fighter has overtaken him is laughable.  The fact that you would expect a commentator to share your ridiculous view is beyond laughable. 

The number of fights has nothing to do with it. It's about who you fight, and how you win. Fedor beat Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski in his last two fights. Brock beat Randy Couture and Frank Mir in his last two fights. You cannot argue that Brock's competition was a cut higher than Fedor's. Brock could be 2-0, he would still be better. You are only as good as your last fight, just because you're 30-1 doesn't mean you're the best RIGHT NOW. That is my point.

CBS Noob, I guess you missed the days of Mauro talking about his cock and the trainwreck known as Bill Goldberg? The commentating is 100x better today then it was.

Hus -

The number of fights has nothing to do with it. It's about who you fight, and how you win. Fedor beat Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski in his last two fights. Brock beat Randy Couture and Frank Mir in his last two fights. You cannot argue that Brock's competition was a cut higher than Fedor's.

I'll go ahead and argue that, you ready?

Quick, someone cue the Jeopardy music!