Why I Won't Watch Fedor's First Strikeforce Fight

Wow...huge FAGGOT thread.

...and LOL @ UFC commentators not doing the exact same thing...both GSP and Anderson Silva have been called the best...as was Arlovski ("K-1 level striker !!"), etc....if Fedor was in the UFC it would be 1000 times worse.

if the UFC allowed their fighters to fight in other organizations like all the other organizations do then we could easily see who the # 1 fighters are.

Nothing, other than the UFC's contract, is stopping Brock from heading over to Strikeforce to prove he can take the # 1 spot from Fedor.

Joe Rogan 'Tito has K-1 level striking'

I thought this was about commentators smooching booty?

"I never said move Fedor down for inactivity. He should be moved down because other fighters have fought and are scheduled to fight better competition."

This is pure fantasy.

Fedor JUST mowed down Sylvia and Arlovski in under a round combined. Lets pretend Brock's recent performances were equal to that achievement. Brock is 4-1. Fedor is 30-1, undefeated for like 8 years of consistently fighting everyone out there.

How F'ing impressed are people with Carwin that they feel Brock facing him will skyrocket his status to overtake Fedor!? Gimme a break.

And had Fedor fought and beaten Barnett, the same //09 idiots would STILL be claiming Fedor hasnt fought good guys like Brock has.

Are the best HWs in the world in the UFC right now? Yes, they are.

Has Fedor beaten more top HWs than anyone else in history, including several former UFC HW champs, all while never being knocked out, decisioned, or submitted in his entire career? Yes, he has.

Conclusion:

Yeah, I ended up hijacking my own thread.

This really WAS about how shitty the Strikeforce announcers are.

I'm going to TTT this thread after Fedor's first fight, and see if my description in the first post remains accurate.

DONT LIE !!!

ALL MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WILL WATCH FEDOR GRACE AMERICAN SOIL AND FIGHT IN STRIKEFORCE

HELWIG -  "I never said move Fedor down for inactivity. He should be moved down because other fighters have fought and are scheduled to fight better competition."

This is pure fantasy.

Fedor JUST mowed down Sylvia and Arlovski in under a round combined. Lets pretend Brock's recent performances were equal to that achievement. Brock is 4-1. Fedor is 30-1, undefeated for like 8 years of consistently fighting everyone out there.

How F'ing impressed are people with Carwin that they feel Brock facing him will skyrocket his status to overtake Fedor!? Gimme a break.

And had Fedor fought and beaten Barnett, the same //09 idiots would STILL be claiming Fedor hasnt fought good guys like Brock has.

Are the best HWs in the world in the UFC right now? Yes, they are.

Has Fedor beaten more top HWs than anyone else in history, including several former UFC HW champs, all while never being knocked out, decisioned, or submitted in his entire career? Yes, he has.

Conclusion:

Winner.

Well back on topic, you are very ignorant to skip a huge mma even because of the commentary. You would have to skip all of Miguel Torres' fights because of Mir, Kid's fights because of the Dream commentary, most likely Mousasi's fights now, etc. etc. etc. They are company men, that's what they do. I agree that it is annoying, but it is literally impossible to get rid of the bias. If that is really why you are not going to watch an event then how can you really watch any sports.

Like was said earlier, there is this magical volume button that turns down the noise level from your TV. There is an even more magical button that turns your sound completed off it is spelled M-U-T-E. You could also put in your Venga Boys CD and just pump it louder than you usually do and not have so much sand in your vagina over a little bit of bias.

Hus - 1) Fedor is arguably the #1 HW, I say arguably, because if Brock wins another 1 or 2 fights in dominating fashion, Fedor moves to #2 due to lack of competition.

Lol at arguably and lol at criticizing Fedor's comp while not doing the same to Brock. Mir was a rock solid dynasty, I agree.

2) Fedor WAS P4P the best in 2003-2005. He has been usurped by Anderson, GSP and Machida.

...In your opinion.

Im a huge Machida fan but he hasnt been at the top long enough to be considered up there in the PFP talks yet imo. He needs to beat 1 or 2 more top guys. I would put BJ ahead of Machida on the PFP list as well.

Diego stole my name - "He should be moved down because other fighters have fought and are scheduled to fight better competition"

Then why claim Brocks two wins wich include Randy were better than Fedors?

Randy had been inactive and his last good win Gonzaga was beaten up convincingly while Randy was retired. Meanwhile Tim after losing to Randy had beaten an undefeated Brandon Vera who was coming off a brutal KO win over Frank Mir

And thats without bringing up the fact that Arlovski had beaten Werdum and Pe De Pano (who had beaten Mir by TKO) and left the UFC on a winning record.

At the end of the day. Your argument is nothing new. It was used in 2005-2006 aswell. Back when Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia were the HW champions. Its a circular logic

If Brock leaves UFC tomorrow to fight Fedor and loses. Then you would still claim Shane Carwin is now the new number 1 HW in the world because he beat Cain Velasquez and Cheick Kongo. It has nothing to do with who has beaten better competition. But everything to do with who is in the UFC

thread should be titled why i'm an idiot.

Strikeforce is awesome, he has some great fights there, i cant imagine any mma fan not wanting them to do well and furtehr more any mma fan not wanting to see Fedors first fight adapting to the very different world of the cage

LOL @ the Fedor nuthugers logic.

fedir is the only fighter I wouldnt mind sucker punching.. LOLOL

I'll be watching for sure.

lol holy shit MX can't leave this thread alone

Hus - I mean, even before he made his debut, they are already saying words like "game changer" and "pound for pound, the best fighter in the world".

Which would be more than reasonable and well-founded terms, based upon Fedor's actual accomplishments so far - where he is currently not only the universally ranked #1 HW in the world, but is considered by many to be #1 on that mythical "P4P" ranking as well - and is even considered by most longer-term followers of the sport (fans, pundits, and fighters alike) to be the greatest MMA fighter ever.

So signing the most dominant fighter of this decade would probably qualify as at least a "game changer" - which Dana himself seems to strongly agree with, since he had previously been very deferential to Strikeforce and even praising them as a promotion - but then the next day after Strikeforce signed Fedor, started calling them "Strikefarce" and directly attacking them as a competitor.

So certainly Dana himself seems to feel that the game has at least changed because of Fedor.
Hus - You are only as good as your last fight, just because you're 30-1 doesn't mean you're the best RIGHT NOW.

In his last fight, Fedor beat a guy who was universally ranked at least top-5 at the time (and was even the consensus #2) - and who was also actually the rightful #1 contender in the UFC when he left (where Dana claims he even "kissed his butt to try to make him not leave.")

(And Arlovski at that point almost certainly would have been favored over Mir as well.)

So how was Brock's last win definitively any better than Fedor's? (Especially when Mir throughout his career has been an inconsistent top-level HW, with a couple of huge wins interspersed with lackluster or even embarrassing performances.)

And oh yeah, LOL @ "You are only as good as your last fight." (So I guess Anderson should have dropped from #1 right after his underwhelming performances against less-than-top competition in Cote and Leites.)

Hus - Randy was #2 before he was removed from MMAWeekly due to their policy of removing fighters who haven't fought for a year. The same thing happened to Fedor, who was reinstated as #1 when he finally fought again.

This is a flat-out lie that you just made up. Fedor was never removed from #1 and never had to be "reinstated as #1 when he finally fought again."

Source?

God forbid the commentators tell the truth... both Gayguard and Fedor are great fighters. They deserve the hype.

Fedor has cancelled the fight,due to your disapproval. Thanks a lot asshole.