Why is everyone so mad at Paul Harris?

Mir did the same thing to Brock in their first fight.

Brock even said so in the follow up to their second fight watching the video saying "How many times did I have to tap?" And other complaints about Maz and how he wanted to punch his stach off.

How soon the UG and Dana forget.

Difference is that Steve mazagatti didn't stop the fight. Also Paul Harris is a repeat offender. Phone Post

Mir doesn't have a history of injuring other fighters. Mir doesn't routinely ignore referees in both MMA and BJJ competitions. Mir doesn't pretend he can't control his emotions.

Mir doesn't act like a fucking animal let off a chain.

I think it comes down to the fact that he can't be trusted. He is like a dog that wags it's tail and lets you pet it, then bites you.. hard.

Authority Figure -

Mir doesn't have a history of injuring other fighters. Mir doesn't routinely ignore referees in both MMA and BJJ competitions. Mir doesn't pretend he can't control his emotions.

Lol.. So true.. VU Phone Post 3.0

Authority Figure -

Boom Phone Post 3.0

Brock tapped once, Maz didn't respond, then he tapped like 6 times and Maz did respond, totally different

Authority Figure -

Tim and nog would disagree

Which guys has ph hospitalized from his subs? Phone Post 3.0

It has nothing to do with cranking after taps. It has to do with not stopping when the ref asked him too. Phone Post

I was furious when Mir did it to Brock, and loved every second of their UFC 100 rematch.

Palhares deserves to be cut, he's a repeat offender who shows no signs of changing. After failing his test in his last fight, he should have been extra careful last night. Phone Post 3.0

it's a bad decision that sets a dangerous precedent. What about Penn holding chokes on too long or Hendo laying a massive punch on a guy he knew was already unconscious

Mir had a horseshoe up his ass when he did it.  Palhares didn't.

I was hoping there'd be at least one Paul Harris thread...thanks OP Phone Post 3.0

Mir's not Brazilian, right OP?

I can understand why they cut him, but I don't get why it's seen as bad to try and inflict damage to your opponent in a mma fight. To act like you're supposed to have zen like discipline while trying to win a UFC fight is crazy. In bjj it's easy to let go of a submission because nobody is swinging to knock you out if you just let go. In Paul Harris' world, if you let go and the ref didn't see anything, you get marquardt'd or you get prematurely Dan miller'd.

If he could explain himself better than, he is just to dumb, i think he would be just fine right now. Everyone sees him as the "of mice and men" retard and because of that nobody trusts him around an octagon. To palhares everyone's knees are just pretty, fuzzy little rabbits that he wants to touch and cuddle and play with for ever and ever. Murilo bustamante is George, so he should have been the one to take him down to the river before the angry mob got to him. Phone Post 3.0

Authority Figure -

Tim Sylvia and Big Nog both needed surgery after Mir subbed them. Palhares opponents went right back to fighting. Phone Post

i'd say holding a knee bar a second long isn't the end of the word, but heel hook can end a man's career

Jack Stone - Mir did the same thing to Brock in their first fight.

Brock even said so in the follow up to their second fight watching the video saying "How many times did I have to tap?" And other complaints about Maz and how he wanted to punch his stach off.

How soon the UG and Dana forget.

It's like you said: Brock even said he was pissed AT THE REF. Not Mir, because mir did the right thing.

Do you not understand that paul harris purposely injures fighters on a regular basis? He never enters into a fight thinking he will stop at the appropriate time.

Try entering a few sub wrestling tourneys. Eventually you will come up on a guy that's a known sub cranker. Tell me how you feel when it's your turn.

There's a difference between a warrior's heart, and a dude like PH that's a liability to an athlete when he doesn't need to be.

I think the difference involves the reaction to the ref, not the tap. 

Mike Rotch -

I think the difference involves the reaction to the ref, not the tap. 

This is correct. Hopefully they react in a similar manner if there's another Rampage/Wand 3 type of situation Phone Post