Why is Griffin mad at Helwani?

TheVileOne - 
The Notorious OMG - I don't know about this particular case, but ariel is a shit-stirrer in general

he's always trying to create some friction and tweeting people like "oh hey king mo rampage was talking about you, said some interesting things, everyone check out the interview" trying to get hits for his site and videos game... when in reality, ariel is interviewing quinton and will be like "hey rampage would you wanna fight king mo on the UFC japan card?" and rampage is like "uh yeah sure why not"

stuff like that starts to bite you in the ass, people get tired of it, it gets obnoxious

a lot of it is twitter drama inciting stuff tryin to draw attention to his radio show and videos.. double edged sword

Sounds like to me the fighters are trying to start it and not Ariel Helwani. If fighters don't like it then they shouldn't trash talk about other guys when they aren't around.

does it really sound like that to you?

how awful are your reading comprehension skills?

sounds to me like they're really bad.

ariel brings fighter A's name up to fighter B out of the blue in an interview, it's something like "would you fight him in japan?"... fighter B is like "sure"... then ariel tries to pry and plod further on fighter A and get fighter B to say something juicy so he can use it as a tagline for his post-fight interview videos. but fighter B doesn't say anything else about fighter A. so what does ariel do, runs to fighter A's twitter and makes some cryptic comments about how fighter B was talking about him in some interview and how his "name came up" (leaving out the fact that it came up because he himself brought it up) it was "interesting to say the least" "stuff people should probably hear, I think" and whatever other exaggerated suggestive quips he can make to get some hits from everyone on twitter, hoping that fighter A will start talking trash without first watching the video and he can get his sensationalized juicy drama through these means since he couldn't get fighter B to talk shit. ariel does shit like that all the time, he's constantly stirring shit to draw attention to his show/site/interviews and it's catching up to him.

Does being blocked on twitter even matter.. you can still look at the person's page.. you just can't follow them. (I'm blocked by Tito and Fitch)

Everyone's mad at Ariel lol Tito too Phone Post

Op, you're screename is cool as fuck man. Phone Post

Ariel Helwani only references things that are actually said by other fighters. Also when did Helwani even ask Rampage about a King Mo fight in Japan?

Leghound - 
Magic8 - 
molsonmuscle360 - It seems like lately Ariel is asking too many questions that you should just not ask. He's pissing guys off, and I think everyone is probably getting sick of him.

Well unlike athletes from real sports, MMA fighters are not used to answering questions from real journalists.

THIS

It'd be nice if someone started asking them. Ariel was doing really well for a while. Now it seems like he has been getting his sports writing tips from Larry Brooks. All he is doing is attempting to agitate the fighters and stir up shit. If one or 2 guys were complaining about him pissing them off it would be easier to write off as them not knowing how to deal with media. But this guy asks fucking retarded questions, and picks and chooses chunks of interviews to stir up shit.

Why is Tito mad at him? I saw the Vlog 2.

Maybe Nick Diaz set a presidence and people are thinking in their heads "hey, people like this also get slapped where I come from as well."

Never know.

It seems like to me that Ariel is getting under a lot of fighters skins lately. He does ask hard questions, which he should but it is the way he goes about other things that seem to be the real issue. He does spin comments to make them more provoking/interesting. Not to mention he is getting a little too comfortable with fighters.

With the Tito/Ariel thing, in the interview Helwani asked what are the holes in Bader's game that he thinks he can exploit. Tito said his TDD and based that on the fact only one person has shot on him and that was Bones, and he got taken down. In the press conference, Helwani stated when asked about his weakness Tito said wrestling was his weakness. Tito never said his weakness was his wrestling. Granted it is not far off but still a twist of words that Ariel has a tendency to do. It is not a question of what would bother you or me, in this case I wouldn't have been bothered by it but I am also not cutting weight for a big fight either, what bothers the fighters is what bothers them.

For whatever reason, many fighters are starting to dislike Ariel, if I was him, I would stop "summarizing" what fighters are saying and stick to quoting them. That way if they get pissed it was for what their exact words were, not what he thought they meant.

I still enjoy his show and interviews.

asking tough questions? not really

he only asks the questions he knows wont get him in trouble with daddy dana

but he constantly misquotes/construes what fighters say to get reactions, not to mention has flat out disrespected some fighters

You can at least tell he loves the sport, but i would say he doesnt really do his homework that well with most interviews