Why is GSP so criminally under rated. Gsp is the ONLY TRUE #1 GOAT OF MMA

FInished career at WW with record number of title defenses

4 years later comes back against a tough match up at a higher weight class (Gsp’s jab was the foundation of his game yet Bisping was the better longer jabber, and him jabbing with Gsp was causing Gsp real problems)

Yet Gsp after 4 years off, at a higher weight class, against an actual bad match up, pulls off the legendary win by the skin of his teeth (greatest double champ win ever), and than walks off into the sunset with 1 of the best pure records ever in MMA still in tact today

Oh and btw Gsp was a consumate professional who never popped for steriods

Why the fuck dont more put some repsect on the name of Gsp

Gsp is the ONLY TRUE #1 GOAT of MMA

Jones has multiple controversial decisions that the majority feels he lost

Anderson got knocked out silly and dominated multiple times in his prime

Is Gsp never given his flowers because of racisim?

I just cant see what else it could be when Gsp accomplished this much yet still gets ignored

20 Likes

I don’t think he gets ignored.

2 Likes

And for the delusional Anderson fanboys who try to shit on Gsp’s win over Bisping, Bisping out boxed the fuck out of Anderson right before Gsp fought him

Anderson fans have no shame. How can you dare discredit an opponent who beat the fuck out of your hero

1 Like

Geez man you’re coming in hot. @JackMerridew with the heart palpitations.

3 Likes

Jon Jones’ resume >>>>>> GSP’s resume

Fixed.

1 Like

LMAO

Jones beat a bunch of old small washed MWs

Jones has 2 legit great wins and thats about it

Gus (roberry)

DC (tainted coke and steriod enhanced wins)

3 Likes

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF

1 Like

Jones has 5 losses

DQ to Hammil
Gifted robbery of the century over Reyes
Gifted robbery over Gus 1
Split decision to a crippled Santos
DQ to Smith

1 Like

While i dont think hes underrated, i do think hes the best to ever do it in the ufc

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA

You just went and proved my point

I said how Jones beat a bunch of older smaller washed MWs

And than you post pics of Jones beating up on older smaller washed MWs lmao

Yeah because thats the last time Jones looked impressive…he only looks good when he can bully MWs and senior citizens

Vitor has fought at HW before. And Rashad evans won TUF at HW

Jones would’ve smashed Anderson to pieces though

@Nick_Diaz_Army

Back when Vitor was blatantly a steriod monster

Against bar room level talent

Tell me why Rashad never stood at HW to fight the likes of Cain, Werdum, prime Stipe etc? Exactly

And exceptions dont prove the rule. Every single Jones opponent was either smaller or older or both

Anderson beats GSP. Jones beats Anderson

Jones beat DC and could have beat Cain Velasquez though

Jones is the goat

There is not a mixed martial artist with a better skill set and resume than JBJ. Not Anderson. Not George’s. Sure as hell not fedor

You continue to expose again and again just how much of a clueless newb you are

DC and Cain were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FIGHTERS. Do u still not understand how styles make fights

DC was better at getting into clinches without walking into shots for sure

Would go palms out, and fight his opponents hands (smoother/control/lock up their hands), and than walk into clinch

Would punch into clinch

Would use hooks to wrap around the head and grab (he used head control off missed punches very well)

DC also was decent with getting in behind his jab

It was a little harder timing DC coming in, because DC always did well to jab, fight your hands, smoother, grab and wrap head control off missed punches and hooks etc

BUT where Cain would occassionally walk in tall, and walk into shots sometimes, Cain was a much better combination puncher, had much better evasive footwork, and was a more well rounded striker

And Cain in his last few fights, really started improving too; by fienting his steps in, and working behind his jab more, to make it harder for opponents to time him off his steps coming in (think Kongo)

(Cain’s biggest issue was standing tall, he was short and stocky like DC yet would “fight tall.” Simply stepping in low (small target) with leans (put head off center) and weaving under punches, into opponents, and coming up with overhands/hooks, wouldve made him a ten fold more devestating fighter. I chalk that up to bad coaching never teaching him what suited him best)

But despite that Cain was still a beast fighting the wrong kind of fights, and a natural talent like no other

Take it from everyone at AKA at the time,

“Cain is better than DC. Cain always gets the better of DC”

All in all, DC was a gift match up for Jones. Dirty boxer who wants to get into clinch where Jones is strong

While DC was better than Cain at avoiding punches coming in (hand fighting, counter jab, head control off missed punches), DC would simply walk straight into Jones’s knee kicks all night and his constant slipping was ripe for Jones left head kick

All of DC’s strengths played right into Jones hands. Jones is the most fortunate fighter ever. All his biggest rivals were great match ups for him. The only rival of his who was a bad match up was Gus and Jones ducked rematching a prime Gus like the plauge

And even with DC being a gift match up for Jones, that 2nd fight DC was tooling Jones via coming in low and coming up with hooks/overhands over Jones’s terrible hand positioning (stiff arms)

Now heres why Cain wouldve smashed Jones and why it wouldve been a way different fight

Remember, DC was maybe better at coming forward but Cain had much better evasive footwork

Meaning Cain wouldve been back stepping Jones’s kicks, than coming in with punches

And Cain was a much much better kicker who mixed up kicks and punches like DC never could

We already saw what Santos did to Jones with leg kicks alone

Cain had the wrestling, chin, confidence, to kick with Jones, beat the fuck out of Jones with kicks, punch off his kicks, kick Jones out of stance with kicks and follow through with punches (Cain being a much better comination puncher than DC) where as DC was always a single shot kind of guy (Jones would just grab, knee kick or elbow)

And where DC wants to dirty box, hold and punch with free hand, CAIN WOULD PUNCH INTO CLINCH (DC had no problem ever getting into clinch with Jones) and Cain would INSTANTLY GO FOR THE TAKEDOWN from clinch, unlike DC

Cain was always much more focused on mixing it up with kicks and takedowns (DC was not - just was never DC’s style or tempermant)

Hence Prime Cain wouldve smashed the fuck out of Jones and why Jones ducked Cain for so long

1 Like

LMAO

Newb

There are top 30 LWs with superior skill and skill sets than Jones

Jones is just a product of competiting in the worst most shallow divisions in MMA history

Jones cant box for shit
Jones has terrible footwork and follows
His hand poisitioning is terrible
His kicks are nothing to write home about

There are literally top 50 LWs far more skilled. They just dont have the luxery of fighting weak small talents in a shallow division where beating 1 or 2 name opponents is enough to earn a title shot

When you talk about Jones, even his most insane fanboys can only talk about his “ground game” and “creativity”

Thats all Jones was. That and eye pokes to keep opponents away

Be grateful for the breakdown I just gave you and learn yourself why Jones wouldnt have even been able to beat a prime Cain

Prime Gus and Reyes already exposed the shit out of Jones lack of skill

I’ve been saying for years that I think Cain is better than DC. Cain v. JBJ would have been a better fight than either DC fight

1 Like