Why is there not more outrage?

And how are people defending jones here? A champ flat out refused to fight.. Let alone an out of shape middleweight after he just finished a full training camp. And an event was cancelled because of him?!?!! Wtf is this wwe? A champion, a true champion, should be confident in fighting anybody at any time. Not picking and choosing who and when they fight. That's what bullies do, chael is right. Phone Post

It has happened many, many times in the past, inexcusable imo.

There has been plenty of outrage what are you reading? Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - There has been plenty of outrage what are you reading? Phone Post

I realize a lot of people probably think that but imagine the real shitstorm that would've happened if Anderson did the same... Phone Post

There is tons of outrage, but I think it's misdirected. It should be aimed at the UFC and there terrible backup/contingency plan. Most if not all the current UFC champs would've done the same thing if they were in Jones' shoes.

ChaelPFan -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - There has been plenty of outrage what are you reading? Phone Post

I realize a lot of people probably think that but imagine the real shitstorm that would've happened if Anderson did the same... Phone Post

It already has been quite a storm. Even espn has been covering it. This has been the most outrage ive ever seen involving mma Phone Post

This might even be a bigger shitstorm than Condit/Diaz. How much more "outrage" do you want? Phone Post

Remember that Chael even offered Jones his purse. I didn't know "Gangsters" carried purses. Phone Post

"There is tons of outrage, but I think it's misdirected. It should be aimed at the UFC and there terrible backup/contingency plan. Most if not all the current UFC champs would've done the same thing if they were in Jones' shoes. "

This

If it wasn't a Don King style PPV with only the ONE big fight it wouldn't have been cancelled.

The hypocrisy of Dana spending the last decade shitting on boxing is backfiring in his face right now. 

You kidding me. Evey mma site is imploding with outrage!

The sheer number of "real fighters" and "true champions" on this forum, qualified to advise Jon Jones on how to be one, is truly impressive. I'm honoured to be in such elite company.

LOL @ the supposed lack of outrage

daba - There is tons of outrage, but I think it's misdirected. It should be aimed at the UFC and there terrible backup/contingency plan. Most if not all the current UFC champs would've done the same thing if they were in Jones' shoes.

I was a huge fan and you are wrong.

You think shogun, liddell, hendo, silva would have fucked over the fighters and fans like jones? Not a chance

But then again they dont have the "sport killer" wispering bullshit in their ear. Phone Post

This was front page of yahoo last night, it was on ESPN, I mentioned it multiple times on the UG as have others. It is quite a huge story with a lot of outrage. Even fighters hate Jones. I doubt he will have any friends outside of the Jackson camp after this and a small handful of fans that gravitate to the bad boy type. That's about it.

B_Goetz - The sheer number of "real fighters" and "true champions" on this forum, qualified to advise Jon Jones on how to be one, is truly impressive. I'm honoured to be in such elite company.

It doesnt take a rocketscientist to look at past world champion fighters to see how they carry themselves.

Why am i wasting my time you dont understand what it means to have the heart of a warrior. Phone Post

I think the outrage is how dumb American MMA fans are, here's some of those reasons:

- Jon Jones is not the UFC! Dana White shouldn't blame one man for the cancellation of an event, it's very juvenile and basically admits that the rest of the fights weren't worth shit.

- Chael Sonnen just lost his last match, this isn't WWE I don't care about the argument that he makes money with his mouth for the UFC. Last time I checked, 90% of the time it's winners, champions, and fight finishers that put butts in seat not a 8-7 PED using loud mouth self-promoter.

- Jon Jones had a crazy 2011 schedule that included dismantling the majority of Light Heavyweight contenders. I think he can deny fighting the aforementioned so called "contender" who wants an immediate title shot in a new weight class.

- To go back to why American MMA fans are idiots, this is not a hair salon gossip machine this is a paid gladiator sport. Your job is to pay for the PPV at home or bar, drink beer, "Just Bleed", and see who wins a fight. Fighters fight and love him or hate him Jones is making you his bitch by beating your favorite fighter.

- Last but not least Henderson knew about his injury three weeks ago, but oh wait he's the mellow former Pride champ that we should never put any heat on right? The fact he never mentioned anything to the UFC about his injury now has caused all the dominos to fall.

- The UFC is a promotion and NOT a sport I am convinced of that. Yes it might be on FOX and what not but a sport has a logical ranking system and not something based on "who's the popular fighter." I know boxing has PPV's built upon the champion fighting #3 or #4 contenders and not these made up #1 contenders each and every PPV. It has cleaned up its act a bit by going away from the "Nu-Metal poser" age but still has a bit of growing to do.

AGC IV - 
daba - There is tons of outrage, but I think it's misdirected. It should be aimed at the UFC and there terrible backup/contingency plan. Most if not all the current UFC champs would've done the same thing if they were in Jones' shoes.

I was a huge fan and you are wrong.

You think shogun, liddell, hendo, silva would have fucked over the fighters and fans like jones? Not a chance

But then again they dont have the "sport killer" wispering bullshit in their ear. Phone Post

ya a current champ has already proved he fights who they give him if he absolutly has to if Silva gave Sonnen a second fight im pretty sure Jones could of gave him one

Henderson knew about his injury three weeks ago

I've read that in other posts. Does anyone know the source of this?

He said he would fight him in a month, that is not refusing

Principe03 - I think the outrage is how dumb American MMA fans are, here's some of those reasons:

- Jon Jones is not the UFC! Dana White shouldn't blame one man for the cancellation of an event, it's very juvenile and basically admits that the rest of the fights weren't worth shit.

- Chael Sonnen just lost his last match, this isn't WWE I don't care about the argument that he makes money with his mouth for the UFC. Last time I checked, 90% of the time it's winners, champions, and fight finishers that put butts in seat not a 8-7 PED using loud mouth self-promoter.

- Jon Jones had a crazy 2011 schedule that included dismantling the majority of Light Heavyweight contenders. I think he can deny fighting the aforementioned so called "contender" who wants an immediate title shot in a new weight class.

- To go back to why American MMA fans are idiots, this is not a hair salon gossip machine this is a paid gladiator sport. Your job is to pay for the PPV at home or bar, drink beer, "Just Bleed", and see who wins a fight. Fighters fight and love him or hate him Jones is making you his bitch by beating your favorite fighter.

- Last but not least Henderson knew about his injury three weeks ago, but oh wait he's the mellow former Pride champ that we should never put any heat on right? The fact he never mentioned anything to the UFC about his injury now has caused all the dominos to fall.

- The UFC is a promotion and NOT a sport I am convinced of that. Yes it might be on FOX and what not but a sport has a logical ranking system and not something based on "who's the popular fighter." I know boxing has PPV's built upon the champion fighting #3 or #4 contenders and not these made up #1 contenders each and every PPV. It has cleaned up its act a bit by going away from the "Nu-Metal poser" age but still has a bit of growing to do.

You’re an idiot and I will show you why

UFC 148 can now officially be called the largest live gate in promotional history in the United States after figures released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday.

According to the figures, UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen 2 raked in a whopping $6,901,655 live gate, surpassing UFC 66 by nearly $1.6 million dollars.

And Jones vs. Sonnen would have probably done similar numbers even with a lack of build up to the fight