Why is this person considered an "MMA" Journalist?

And honestly, I’ve never heard of this guy before this thread. I doubt I’m alone, either.

Apple: now thanks to this thread on the public and searchable internet, you’ve given him attention, which positive or not, will FAR more likely help more than hurt him, considering how the industry works.

3 Likes
wiggum -
MasterofMartialArts - 
Erik Apple -
wiggum - So, you want to cancel him?

NO. i want him to stick with what he knows

Sucking communist dicks

Lol. I guess “cancel” is a weird word to use but he definitely doesn’t seem to have the knowledge and/or skill of an MMA journalist. 

I think at different points in his career, he has done important work – most notably with exposing the links between MMA and strongmen.

My problem is with Zidan is two-fold:

1. Bloody Elbow doesn’t seem to require normal journalism standards for him. For example, in his hit piece on Renzo, he never spoke with people who are loyal to and love Renzo – including those who disagree with Renzo’s political statements. The piece wondered “why is Renzo so beloved” but never asked people who love him. That’s just lazy, shoddy journalism.

2. His brand seems to have bad incentives. He gets highly publicized pieces that expose the nefarious. But, what happens when he investigates something and it’s perfectly on the level? To me, he has an incentive to promote the outrageous.

I feel the same way. I feel there is always an inherent bias when seeing his articles. He is an activist journalist.

Ministry of Truth - And honestly, I've never heard of this guy before this thread. I doubt I'm alone, either.

Apple: now thanks to this thread on the public and searchable internet, you’ve given him attention, which positive or not, will FAR more likely help more than hurt him, considering how the industry works.

Agreed  

This dudes absolutely piece of fucking shit. But I'm not googling or mentioning this fucks name. Fuck this dude 

Hopefully he has an accidental ignition when making his S vest....

2 Likes

He’s to the left side of the coin what OP is to the right 

2 Likes

I thought this was going to be about that cunt Elias Cepeda.

6 Likes

Wait someone reads bloody elbow? Doesn't ownership just copy all the good articles from around the web and post em here? Seems silly to go elsewhere

1 Like
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - I thought this was going to be about that cunt Elias Cepeda.

Lol me too

1 Like
JoeHurley -
Erik Apple -

We should all tweet @zidansports

Tell him to get the fuck out of our sport

Or you can just not read his bullshit. I dont like him either, but this trend of trying to get people fired just because you dont like what they say is ridiculous.

I Never said the word "fired"

I want him to gtfo because he realizes his propaganda isn't working on us

5 Likes
JoeHurley - 
Erik Apple -

Or you can just not read his bullshit. I dont like him either, but this trend of trying to get people fired just because you dont like what they say is ridiculous.

Joe, we are so lucky to have a white knight such as you to ride in on your trusty steed and set us straight.

1 Like
HillboFrateTrane -
Erik Apple -

Sucking communist dicks

So in other words, cancel him lol 

Here’s a quick difference.

Recent cancel: Gina. Former MMA fighter turned actress posts hot topic emote on her social media. The focus of her post is quickly made to be many different things that it probably isn’t. Buzz words hammered home. Context of her post ignored. Career canceled.

This guy: he makes money by promoting the entire culture that canceled Gina. His career is based on racism. Article after article. He is brought up on an MMA message board. People point out the obvious. he’s not here to cover MMA. He’s here to be a carny and run the SJW program. It must be spread into every aspect of life after all.

and y’all wanna think that you’re pointing out hypocrisy, by implying that the other side does the same “cancel” stuff?

keep cashing your check, or worse, keep doing it free of charge.

1 Like
Erik Apple -

![](upload://xcaptllf4a0dA89YLu0wFtxbpWv.jpeg)

he’s obviously trolling because there is no greater anti semite than a devout muslim.

1 Like
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
JoeHurley - 
Erik Apple -

Joe, we are so lucky to have a white knight such as you to ride in on your trusty steed and set us straight.

Your praise is noted knave. Bow down before your lord joseph the white knight of avalon.

Oh wait, you were insulting me. Let me know your twitter handle and where you work so I can cancel you for discriminating against me.

4 Likes
RedGone - 
HillboFrateTrane -
Erik Apple -

Sucking communist dicks

Recent cancel: Gina. Former MMA fighter turned actress posts hot topic emote on her social media. The focus of her post is quickly made to be many different things that it probably isn’t. Buzz words hammered home. Context of her post ignored. Career canceled.

This guy: he makes money by promoting the entire culture that canceled Gina. His career is based on racism. Article after article. He is brought up on an MMA message board. People point out the obvious. he’s not here to cover MMA. He’s here to be a carny and run the SJW program. It must be spread into every aspect of life after all.

and y’all wanna think that you’re pointing out hypocrisy, by implying that the other side does the same “cancel” stuff?

Big difference between what is said in OP (“So why does SBNation let him infect MMA fans with his toxic, hardcore left wing, disgusting idea’s? Who do we contact to let them know we arent into this feminist propaganda?”) and what you claim is happening (“He is brought up on an MMA message board.”)

The thread was created specifically to get him out of the sport. That’s cancelling, man.

Either you think cancel culture is bad, or you think cancellation is appropriate and determining whether it is appropriate includes a value judgement on what the person is doing.

1 Like

lol karim just published an article about an actual white supremacist in mma

i wonder why erik apple is so furious about that?

wiggum -
RedGone - 
HillboFrateTrane -
Erik Apple -

Sucking communist dicks

Big difference between what is said in OP (“So why does SBNation let him infect MMA fans with his toxic, hardcore left wing, disgusting idea’s? Who do we contact to let them know we arent into this feminist propaganda?”) and what you claim is happening (“He is brought up on an MMA message board.”)

The thread was created specifically to get him out of the sport. That’s cancelling, man.

Either you think cancel culture is bad, or you think cancellation is appropriate and determining whether it is appropriate includes a value judgement on what the person is doing.

Bingo.

1 Like

Who's the neo Nazi he's referring to?

Thought this would be about bacon neck. 

But yes this guy is a donkey brain and has no business writing mma news. 

Who reads this shit tho? I post here and on TMMAC. I'm pretty sure the consensus is that this guy is a cunt and nobody pays attention. It must be those guys over on sherdog.

3 Likes

“The thread was created specifically to get him out of the sport. That’s cancelling, man.”

No, it’s not. Cancel culture doesn’t just stop at getting someone fired or removed from their job. It seeks to completely eradicate the person from society, forcing them to be a pariah, a non-entity. It’s not content to just dish it out to the person, as anyone who dares to defend that person will also be crushed.

Erik never said anything more than this guy sucks at mma journalism and he shouldn’t be covering mma when he lacks the credentials and does nothing but cast the sport in a negative light.

1 Like
Erik Apple -
JoeHurley -
Erik Apple -

I Never said the word "fired"

I want him to gtfo because he realizes his propaganda isn't working on us

Does anyone actually believe his propaganda though? Him or any other far leftie, they spout nonsense. White supremacy this, white peoples bad.. I don't think anyone takes people like him seriously 

2 Likes