Why isn't genki sudo the most popular fighter?

His ring entrance as jackie chan in drunken master wast the GOAT

great fighter

thought he was. seriously though, he's top notch

bleier - Is there anything more sad than hating on Sudo? Is advocating banality now considered a character virtue?

Cop out.

Is Anderson Silva banal because he doesn't mock his opponents, while fighting below his level?

Mike Brown - without a doubt my all time favorite.

Cool post, for anyone who understands.

Much respect, Mike.

FingerorMoon - This thread has much comedy gold.
So far my top 3, in order are:

3)
"Is there anything more sad than hating on Sudo? Is advocating banality now considered a character virtue?"

2)
"If you don't like Genki Sudo, you're a dick and no one
likes you either."

But really, who can top:
1)
"WE ARE ALL ONE, YOU FAGGOTS."

+1 on all points.

WE ARE ALL ONE

BITCHES!

The guy was definately legit. He fought under mma, adcc, and k1 rules.

</object

A real bummer he got hurt and had to retire, I miss the Neo Samurai. Always have to show love for the fellow Buddhists! We are all one!

His antics were entertaining at first but eventually became tiresome. Especially in kickboxing. Rather than engage, he just danced around for the vast majority of the time. Than he might throw on strike and continue to dance. Not fun when you're trying to watch a fight.

B_Goetz - 
bleier - Is there anything more sad than hating on Sudo? Is advocating banality now considered a character virtue?

Cop out.

Is Anderson Silva banal because he doesn't mock his opponents, while fighting below his level?

Anderson does his guitar thing which is certainly a form of show-boating. I would hardly consider Sudo someone who ordinarily mocked opponents in any kind of mean-spirited way...

As for the quality of his opponents, he fought in N.A. and got a taste of piss-poor pay and associated indignity. Are you saying he went out of his way to fight cans? Think of how many big Japanese shows failed to even use lightweights.

He fought kid, who was at the time and still is arguably the best. What else did he have to prove?

Fighters have to entertain, it is part of the business. Sudo was the best.

Sandy Panties - 
Mike Brown - without a doubt my all time favorite.

Cool post, for anyone who understands.

Much respect, Mike.

Hey, I just got that!
Didn't realise it was the same person.

Nice.