Why no sports games on pc?

willienugget - Yeah I'm sorry. Somehow I morphed yours and casehearts together. But you did say top of the line though. You haven't been building gaming machines; at least not beasty ones. 5k easy

Once again, 5k is going to get a different rig for a different person depending who you are purchasing components from and if you are assembling it yourself.

It's truly unnecessary to spend that much though unless you are doing e-sports or have a ton of disposable income.

Invest in a diverse high quality motherboard and you can add things in as they become necessary..

Start off with a good base that does exactly what you want out of it (Over 60 FPS + Ultra settings for me) and go from there.

Or.. you can blow 5k for a machine that is worth 2k or less in 2-3 years. Computers offer a lot of choices.

I think the bottom line is most PC gamers don't care about sports games.

I mean, go look at the typical gaming PC build. Top of the line mouse, top of the line keyboard, no controller to be found. It's because FPS, RTS, and MMO's are what PC gamers play, and they work better with keyboard/mouse.

Fighters, sports games, and platforms are console favorites, and they work best with controllers. FPS have become popular on consoles as well, and they aren't controller friendly, proving the audience controls where a devs focus lies, not what set up best supports game play.

willienugget - Absolutely correct. All I'm saying is 1.6k is an average setup for gaming. Middle of the road at best and that's just parts no labor. There's just nothing top of the line you can get for that amount.

I'm not bragging up my rig. I just know what's available. You can drop over a grand on a couple video cards and still not hit the ceiling.

Maybe I just take shit too literally. I guess a Camaro can be top of the line............somewhere

when you build a gaming machine do you include a controller? Just asking.

willienugget - Absolutely correct. All I'm saying is 1.6k is an average setup for gaming. Middle of the road at best and that's just parts no labor. There's just nothing top of the line you can get for that amount.

I'm not bragging up my rig. I just know what's available. You can drop over a grand on a couple video cards and still not hit the ceiling.

Maybe I just take shit too literally. I guess a Camaro can be top of the line............somewhere

Why stop at 5k? Those are bush league compared to the 15k+ computers that e-sports elite are rockin'.

I mean you can spend endless money and it keeps getting better.. no one is debating that.

Now if we are talking what is logical for someone who just wants to play the games of today at the highest level with nice frame rates.. you're way off the margin for a consumer level non-competitive machine.

time traveling 12er - the 2k games are on pc, and they're better than the xbox versions. Mainly because you can install the complete fan made rosters that have every team ever almost.

Awesome! Phone Post

2000 every 6 years done right will future proof in desktops if you know what you're doing. But we need to see the next gen first. Phone Post

willienugget -
caseharts -  2000 every 6 years done right will future proof in desktops if you know what you're doing. But we need to see the next gen first. Phone Post

Hell yeah now you're talkin. That's different than $1600 starting from scratch.

I'm saying build a 2000 dollar pc every 6 years. Phone Post

Consoles run games @ 720p while a PC will run the same games @ 1080p. The difference in definition is massive! Its so much clearer and more crisp on a PC.

I have my PC hooked up to a 50" neo plasma and use an Xbox controller for games like NBA2k13, just like you would on a console. Microsoft make both XBox and Windows so they sell a wireless PC Xbox controller that works perfect with Windows.

Xbox / PS3 are getting old now while PC's have kept evolving. The difference in quality is huge. It's not even close! Phone Post

willienugget - 
Clarence Parents - 

Why stop at 5k? Those are bush league compared to the 15k+ computers that e-sports elite are rockin'.

I mean you can spend endless money and it keeps getting better.. no one is debating that.

Now if we are talking what is logical for someone who just wants to play the games of today at the highest level with nice frame rates.. you're way off the margin for a consumer level non-competitive machine.

I'm only hung up on you saying you been building top of the line. That's it. Nothing more.

You can overclock the shit out of anything to get performance. BestBuy been selling shit like this for years.

I don't have a 5k machine and I'm not looking to get one. I would be leary of anyone using 'top of the line' and 1.6k in the same sentence though.

Ah ok, that makes way more sense now, we are diverging on the "top of the line" comment.

The quote was "My PC was about $1600 but I could have went much cheaper and still had a good experience..

I wanted top of the line though, I wanted true HD resolutions and I wanted to play all my games on ULTRA with a smooth frame rate and I wanted my PC to be able to do whatever I wanted it to do aside from gaming also."

What followed "top of the line" in this case was my definition of the EXPERIENCE which was "I wanted true HD resolutions and I wanted to play all my games on ULTRA with a smooth frame rate and I wanted my PC to be able to do whatever I wanted it to do aside from gaming also".

Clearly I'm not going to get the best PC components in existence with a measly $1600 .. but I certainly got the top of the line PC gaming experience as per what I was describing it as.
[HD res, smooth FPS (60+), ULTRA settings on any new game I play] and just generally a really fast computer even for basic things with a very open ended motherboard for future enhancements.

I see what you saw it as but that was not what I meant.

Herring In A Fur Coat -

3 pages and no one mentioned WFA 2013 yet?  I am dissappoint.

Someone did. No mods did it idk what to do. Im powerless Phone Post

willienugget - That just doesn't make any sense. Guts sure but why would you ever just start over? And yeah you're still right. My pc was built for under 2k. It's just not top of the line.

After six years new processor architectures are invented, new ram, new ports ie: Sata, USB 3.0, pci express 3.0 ssds etc a 6 year old mobo probably won't support things of that nature. Phone Post

willienugget - Yeah we're talking the same thing just butting heads heh. There's often a lot of money saved on stuff you won't be replacing but it's an overhaul.

I said that ignorance is bliss thing because I truly believe it. Had I never seen what 5k looks like I wouln't envy it.

haha I agree, that rabbit hole can go pretty deep!

time traveling 12er - You can build a near top of the line pc for around 1.6k. Just as long as you don't literally get the top of the line on each part. a 5k machine doesn't perform 4x better than a 1.2k machine. If you get the top parts in the price range before they start going up exponentially you'll be ok. For 1.6 you can probably make one that'll run somewhere in the 80-90% of a 5 set up. Particularly if you build in consideration of games out now and soon to come out rather than trying to build for a game that's going to come out in two years. Because no matter how much you future proofe your system, you're better off just spending another 1.6k two years from now than paying 5k now and hoping your system holds out for 10 years. The 5k systems are for technology fetishists.

You got it Phone Post

i rock nba2k13 with a ps3 controller on pc. Really wish madden and nhl would come back.