Why the Boos For Jones?

no love for Bones at the weigh-ins? what up wit dat?

Who knows...or cares. Because he finishes fights? Because he's not a criminal and actually values his family? Because he's well spoken and not illiterate? Those are my guesses.

Hardcore MMA geeks thinking they are awesome.

Racism.

Ghan -
Official Chambermaid of the UKTT -  haters gonna hate

. Phone Post

he's fake as shit

91W209 -  I think most people dislike his seemingly fake personality. I feel the same. Hate when he talks, LOVE when he fights. JMO Phone Post
QFT

glupe - 
iodio - Racism.

troll, Toronto is the definition of multicultural

They respect everyone but they probably don't like black people.

Examples of this fake personality?  I hear people mention that all the time, but never give evidence.

I can't stand it when people boo. Overall Jones is a classy enough guy and an incredible fighter. There's no need to boo him. That must be a horrible feeling -- you kill yourself in training -- dedicate your life to something -- greet all your fans with smiles and sign autographs -- then get up there and get booed by morons.

seemed like those that wanted to boo jones were just the loudest...most of the people around me were looking around doing the "wtf" but not trying to cheer over it.

Maybe because last time Lyoto was there he almost kicked Randy Couture's head off. Toronto wants Machida to win, kinda sucks they'll be disappointed.

Have you seen that interview with Karyn Bryant? The one where he's wearing the sunglasses? That's why. Phone Post

Because it seems most fans these days are more interested in the TMZ soap opera side of MMA than actually caring about what matters most -- his performance in the cage.

Which is completely and utterly dominating on a level rarely seen in this sport.

Official Chambermaid of the UKTT - 
MontyG -  he's the best LHW ever

good point

he could possibly be, still fake/cocky. I can understand being confident in yourself but this dude is ridiculous

Jones is an incredible marital artist. Even if you don't like his attitude, how can you not respect his skills? I respect the guy a lot for following his dreams. He's doing it right. Fuck the boo birds, it will be a great fight.

Damaynevent - Maybe because last time Lyoto was there he almost kicked Randy Couture's head off. Toronto wants Machida to win, kinda sucks they'll be disappointed.

I'm in T.O....and i do want Machida to win...but i have nothing but respect for Jones and can't stand people who boo any of the fighters really.

topshelf720 - Who knows...or cares. Because he finishes fights? Because he's not a criminal and actually values his family? Because he's well spoken and not illiterate? Those are my guesses.

Great response Phone Post

Apparently there was a hockey game between toronto maple leafs and new york rangers? Maybe booing's related to that?

Either way it's moronic and just puts Toronto fans in a bad light for booing a guy who isn't even fighting a Canadian.

Toronto is 60 minutes away from Niagara Falls...

We support Rashad Evans...and Josh Koschek