why was shogun so much better than ninja?

Watchin old pride videos and it got me thinking about why shogun ended up with a better career. Was it their opponents? Did ninja just not try as hard? Or was ninja just not the more naturally gifted brother?

Ninja probably toughened him up.

Plus Shogun seems very athletic and quick for a 220 lb dude

I always liked ninja he just never got to have the same success as his brother had and he was older.
I guess every artist makes a rough draft before they paint a masterpiece.

Shogun was more athletic and gifted of the two. His soccer kicks and stomps were surgical.

Gulping the LayNBaderade - Why was Matt Hughes so much better than Mark? the fuck.

Why you gotta be a Dick about it. Mark Hughes didn't like fighting bro

ninja was one of the most well rounded guys of his time. He was also a natural middleweight, or perhaps welterweight by todays standards, and that didnt stop him from entering the pride heavyweight grand prix; ninja had huge balls. Sergei lit him up and he was never the same. He got robbed vs dan henderson and rampage. Ninjas fight vs mario sperry is one of the GOAT fights.

Why Fedor more emelianenko than Aleks Phone Post 3.0

Neil McCauley - ninja was one of the most well rounded guys of his time. He was also a natural middleweight, or perhaps welterweight by todays standards, and that didnt stop him from entering the pride heavyweight grand prix; ninja had huge balls. Sergei lit him up and he was never the same. He got robbed vs dan henderson and rampage. Ninjas fight vs mario sperry is one of the GOAT fights.

Yeah I always felt bad for the guy, seems like the judges hated him.  I remember him tossing Dan around with ease

Shogun better than Ninja (ninja was a badass though)
Matt better than Mark
Matt Serra better than Nick
Chuck Liddell better than Sean
Clay Guida better than Jason
Jake Ellinberger better than Joe
Cole Miller better than Micha
Joe Lauzon better than Dan
BJ better than Reagan
Anthony Pettis better than Sergio (prob the best comparison to Shogun & Ninja)
Alistair better than Valentijn
Fedor better than Alek (again, Alek is a badass)
Nick & Nate are pretty close
Frank better than Ken (I suppose)

yellow wrkalogic - Why Fedor more emelianenko than Aleks Phone Post 3.0

Aleks loved pussy and booze and fedor loved fighting

Y de anderson better than the wanderley?they bros, no? Phone Post 3.0

McGregorsGloveTouchRustledMyJimmies - Shogun better than Ninja (ninja was a badass though)
Matt better than Mark
Matt Serra better than Nick
Chuck Liddell better than Sean
Clay Guida better than Jason
Jake Ellinberger better than Joe
Cole Miller better than Micha
Joe Lauzon better than Dan
BJ better than Reagan
Anthony Pettis better than Sergio (prob the best comparison to Shogun & Ninja)
Alistair better than Valentijn
Fedor better than Alek (again, Alek is a badass)
Nick & Nate are pretty close
Frank better than Ken (I suppose)

You forgot lyoto and chinzo and I never even knew chuck had a brother that fought that's very interesting

I'm drawing a blank.. What was the fight where ninja basically got brain damage? I'm sure that was part of it. Phone Post 3.0

Brothers are just people, someone has to be better.

Ninja / Shogun
Aleks / Fedor
lil Nog / Big Nog
Dan Miller / Jim Miller
Val Overeem / The Reem

etc...

Jimmy Wrassler - 
Neil McCauley - ninja was one of the most well rounded guys of his time. He was also a natural middleweight, or perhaps welterweight by todays standards, and that didnt stop him from entering the pride heavyweight grand prix; ninja had huge balls. Sergei lit him up and he was never the same. He got robbed vs dan henderson and rampage. Ninjas fight vs mario sperry is one of the GOAT fights.

Yeah I always felt bad for the guy, seems like the judges hated him.  I remember him tossing Dan around with ease

I agree with both of you, he always got screwed over by the judges. But he was always an exciting fighter, But he took some dirty beatings by way bigger opponents.

Brothers are different people. For example, I'm sure your brother doesn't make such stupid posts. Phone Post 3.0

Why was Michael spinks better than Leon spinks? Phone Post 3.0

Are they supposed to be equally better just because they are brothers? Phone Post 3.0

Bc he was more talented.

I think Shogun showed much better striking and power. But Ninja was really a welterweight and was shot by the time Pride bothered to use real weightclasses