Why we love Jon Jones

Why do we love Jon Jones? Where do we even begin? How about, at the age of 24, we're already using the HISTORY of mma to compare what he's already done, and where it is he's going. First, let's talk about his personality.

Keep in mind, he's only 24yrs old. He is far beyond his years in humility. He is as focused as a young CEO at a fortune 500 company. At 24, he's already got a vision and is ahead of schedule in completing his quest to be one of the greatest fighters ever, and to provide for his family. But we all have many sides to us, and Jones is no different. He has his "quirky" side, serious side, he's a friend, he's a brother, he's a father. He's an example of someone trying to do right.

But Jon Jones the fighter, is hard to compare. Besides passing every test as a fighter, the only blemish on his record is arguably the most controversial loss. A fight he dominated, he lost due to the first and to date Only time a referee punished a UFC fighter for downward elbows with a DQ. That's about as much can be said about his "loss". He's 9-1-0 in the UFC, 10-0 if you count the Hamill fight as a win(Matt Hamill counts it as a loss himself). Who Jon Jones beat last year, is basically the who's who of the LHW division, and that was just ONE YEAR. Arguably nobody in the history of mma has had a more impressive year. We don't get to see Jon Jones' very often, they truly are something special. Jones' UFC career is currently only matched by one other before him.

Tim Sylvia. Tim started 16-0 with 1 successful title defenses before he lost. Even with that one comparison, Jones still has the advantage without any steroid scandal as well as arguably stiffer competition. There have been 5 LHW Champions who have successfully defended their belt at least one time. Ortiz, Liddell, Rampage, Machida, Jon Jones. Jones has finishing wins against 2 of them. Jones is the youngest of them, and again, he's just getting started. After 1 or 2 wins, he's basically wiped out his division before entering his prime.

There's really only one fighter I compare him to, Fedor. Fedor of course went undefeated for 10 years. He had that "controversial" loss against TK, very similar to how Jones has his "1 loss". The only difference, is Jones is significantly ahead of schedule when it comes to cleaning out his division in regards to comparing him to Fedor. We love this sport, we don't get to see greatness often, but when we do, it's Jon Jones we're watching. Oh, and I forgot, the night he won the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship of the world at 24yrs of age, earlier THAT DAY he helped apprehend a local criminal. Because you know, everyone does that shit the day of their first title fight.

What I highlighted in bold, is arguably the most wrong I have EVER been on this forum lol.  Holy shit was I fooled lol

Family man

Oh, and he has a message to his Haters:

HI HATERS

http://dl.toofiles.com/bi0bca/audios/stayinalive.mp3

^^Play that music with the following picture^^

Ru saying jones is in fact the black fedor? Where does this leVe Daniel Cormier? Phone Post

Lol Phone Post

TTT

Is this where the people who don't like jones, cry like babies and run for the tissues.

That's what seems to happen every time someone has a thread that describes why he's not on their list of favorites.

As a mature adult I respect your right to feel about who ever, how ever you like even though I don't feel the same.

I will now respectfully leave this thread, I just had to make that point. Phone Post

No Wheels1985, there is a specific "Why we hate Jon Jones" thread for people like you to express their displeasure of great fighters.

This is an appreciation thread.

Jones was our class when we met took the time to actually talk to us and take pics. And I will never forget sittin n the stands watching his destruction of shogun. Those are my "special nights" Phone Post

I think hes a douche but i cant believe people put so much effort into voicing their opinions one way or the other, its like who cares dude you dont have to hang out with him.

gawd, once u see him around normal people in an everyday setting HE IS HUGE!

Pages and pages of Jones support can be trumped with a single sentence.... he's a douchebag. Phone Post

1 Like

D241 -  No Wheels1985, there is a specific "Why we hate Jon Jones" thread for people like you to express their displeasure of great fighters.

This is an appreciation thread.
My point exactly 'D241'!!!

Read the ' why we hate Jon jones ' thread and there are numerous posts that look like they have come from pre pubescent girls about how bones is a god and crying that some people don't share their view. It makes for average reading.

My point was made in a very clear and concise way. Is this where the people that don't like bones come to cry about your opinion, and ruin what may be a good read for fans of bones because that's what happens on all the other threads.

POINT MADE AGAIN, I hope you get it this time. I don't think i could slow it down any more for you. Phone Post

Sorry Wheels, didn't mean to come off like a crybaby. Let me go get some tissues and ask for forgiveness ;)

Nice Vid and photos - huge fan here.

your screen name, born date or year of your car?

If the latter, what kind?

D241 great thread.
I don't care for JJ from what I see and read but that hardly matters. I'm here to watch him fight and he does THAT just fine.
That said I give Rashad a shot. Not a huge shot but a shot none the less. Phone Post

"Jones' UFC career is currently only matched by one other before him. Tim Sylvia. Tim started 16-0 with 1 successful title defenses before he lost."

I wonder who you're forgetting... oh right, this guy:

Lol, nothing personal...... Constructive debate is great to read. Lately standard has dropped below that and just venting frustration at that!

To answer your question, I'm 27 and hate my screen name! Phone Post

I didn't read much of that.

But

The hate for jbj is amazing...who of us in our early 20's wernt cocky?

The guy is the future of mma, he is going to evolve the sport the way Anderson silva did

Hate him if you want, the guy is an absolute machine. Phone Post