Why we love Jon Jones

!

rockwell -  D241 great thread.
I don't care for JJ from what I see and read but that hardly matters. I'm here to watch him fight and he does THAT just fine.
That said I give Rashad a shot. Not a huge shot but a shot none the less. Phone Post

Thanks.

As of right now, I actually slightly favor Rashad, about 60/40 in terms of want. In terms of thinking who will win, I at the momemt am 51/49 for Rashad.

It's close and both guys deserve a win, I just hope the end result is decisive.

mchase126 -  "Jones' UFC career is currently only matched by one other before him. Tim Sylvia. Tim started 16-0 with 1 successful title defenses before he lost."

I wonder who you're forgetting... oh right, this guy:

How I worded that, you are correct. But if you're going to nitpick, you might as well go all out. Tim Sylvia didn't have his 16 wins in the UFC.

Just to clarify, although I don't think I have to with you, but as a career, Tim Sylvia went undefeated when he got to the UFC, and remained undefeated till after he became champion and had a title defense. While Anderson Silva's UFC reign may currently be unmatched, Jones' Career thus far, is on track to surpass Anderson's and that's including the UFC, as long as, you know, JBJ can have like 7-8 more title defenses like The Spider has. Should be a cakewalk.

wheels1985 -   To answer your question, I'm 27 and hate my screen name! Phone Post

It's better than mine.

Everytime I make a thread, I have to include 2 great things, either the write up, or video, or pics, to deliver (2 gems in 1 thread, 2 for 1).

I love watching Jones fight. It's as simple as that. When I saw him slam Bonnar I told my friends this kid was going places. But I never ever thought in a single year he would destroy the entire LHW division. Best single year in MMA ever, right ahead of Shogun's 2005.

D241 - 
mchase126 -  "Jones' UFC career is currently only matched by one other before him. Tim Sylvia. Tim started 16-0 with 1 successful title defenses before he lost."

I wonder who you're forgetting... oh right, this guy:

How I worded that, you are correct. But if you're going to nitpick, you might as well go all out. Tim Sylvia didn't have his 16 wins in the UFC.

Just to clarify, although I don't think I have to with you, but as a career, Tim Sylvia went undefeated when he got to the UFC, and remained undefeated till after he became champion and had a title defense. While Anderson Silva's UFC reign may currently be unmatched, Jones' Career thus far, is on track to surpass Anderson's and that's including the UFC, as long as, you know, JBJ can have like 7-8 more title defenses like The Spider has. Should be a cakewalk.

It's not "nitpicking" and I'm not asking for your clarification. You said only one other person has matched Jones's UFC career and that is incorrect. I was simply pointing out the obvious.

Bravo, OP. I will VTFU when I get to my comp.

Glad to see Jones getting some positive recognition, here on the UG, dude deserves it and so much more. Phone Post

mchase126 - 
 It's not "nitpicking" and I'm not asking for your clarification. You said only one other person has matched Jones's UFC career and that is incorrect. I was simply pointing out the obvious.

Well, color me surprised then.

I would think seeing Tim Sylvia 16-0 would stand out more than what you tried to correct.

Let me guess, you want Rashad to win?

Jesus Christ can you make one single thread without putting fedor in it you pussy Phone Post

Tap In - About 10 more pages to get to the length of the hate thread, good luck brah. The only champ that gets booed at weigh ins (it'll happen again this week), something to aspire to. You're entitled to your opinion but showed your true colors when posting your butthurt in an actual fighter's (Simeon Thorensen) thread.

Classless, immature, and clueless. Guess you really are a bones fan afterall

Derp.

FYI, I didn't make this thread to get a thread with tons of pages.  Hate threads like you created get that. If I wanted to make a thread to get a lot of replies, I'd make one about Fedor being the GOAT.  This thread, was a counter to your hate thread. 

Despite picking and wanting Rashad to win, as I stated both on your thread AND this one, I can appreciate the fighters who fight at the elite level, to provide entertainment for me, and you.

But I'll dig deep and soul search and try to find that inner hate where I can hate a champion of the sport I love, for wearing his belt at an airport. Maybe then you and I can relate a little better.

Friends?

WatchinMMA -  Jesus Christ can you make one single thread without putting fedor in it you pussy Phone Post

How many other Champions have started their mma careers undefeated, won the belt, and successfully defended it?

I mentioned Tim Sylvia, are you butthurt about that too, or just the Fedor part?

Lol, I even say how JBJ is AHEAD of schedule regarding comparing him to Fedor. It just gets you so worked up....too funny,

D241 -
WatchinMMA -  Jesus Christ can you make one single thread without putting fedor in it you pussy Phone Post

How many other Champions have started their mma careers undefeated, won the belt, and successfully defended it?

I mentioned Tim Sylvia, are you butthurt about that too, or just the Fedor part?

Lol, I even say how JBJ is AHEAD of schedule regarding comparing him to Fedor. It just gets you so worked up....too funny,

Pussy
Ass
Troll Phone Post

Farewell Brock - I didn't read much of that.

But

The hate for jbj is amazing...who of us in our early 20's wernt cocky?

The guy is the future of mma, he is going to evolve the sport the way Anderson silva did

Hate him if you want, the guy is an absolute machine. Phone Post
Some Of the JBJ iis unwarranted, but I doubt his arrogance has anything to do with his age; it's Just his personality . Phone Post

WatchinMMA - 
D241 -

Pussy
Ass
Troll Phone Post

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1932930 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1931135 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1931942 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1903378 

Maybe if I made more threads about Fedor's taint like you did, people would take me more serious instead of troll threads like the one we're on-  :)

Btw, you, a Fedor hater, are the one turning a non Fedor related thread, into one. Just wanted to point out that irony.

Addo - I think hes a douche but i cant believe people put so much effort into voicing their opinions one way or the other, its like who cares dude you dont have to hang out with him.
This! Phone Post

D241 - 
Auzzie - I won't be surprised if you choose to run away, D241. 

If I were you, i would at least admit that im wrong first.

See, while I'm trying to write out a legit non confrontational response to you, I look to see my recent post and if anyone posted before, and you post this shit.

I made a mistake in trying to have a civil debate with you. Never again. Use this thread as my reference. You can spew off at the mouth many times in the future that I won't engage with you and use bullshit reasons like I'm actually "afraid" to engage in a debate with you, but the fact is, is you cannot have a civil discussion with others whom don't share the same opinion as you.

Good luck interacting on message boards with others with your attitude.

onepunchJD - 
Auzzie - I won't be surprised if you choose to run away again, D241. 

If I were you, i would at least admit that im wrong first.

How can he be "wrong" about his personal opinion?

I would also pick Fedor over Brock. So I'm wrong?

LOL

And what is this "if I were you" bullshit? that made me LOL even harder.

Dude was actually debating your points, and you, as usual, act like a know it all teenager. I don't blame him for ignoring you. BTW - I would bet that D241 has forgotten more about MMA than you know.

As far as Brock..

For the record.. I actually picked Brock to beat Cain. I was pretty confident, and even used terms like HULK SMASH, right here on the UG. I was never on any bandwagon.. I just thought he would beat Cain, similar to the way you think he would beat Fedor.

Brock had a chance to beat Cain, and Overeem, IF he could take them down and pound them out. But he didn't.

Why? ... Because he got hit.

Fedor would hit Brock, and Brock doesn't seem to react well to that. You can use the Carwin fight as an example to contradict me.. and thats fine. But few fighters are really going to gas out that dramatically, and certainly not Fedor. I doubt Brock would last a minute if Fedor had him in trouble.

Sure.. Brock could win. He was certainly a very dangerous fighter, for ANY HW. But based on what I have seen.. I would pick Fedor. How? Fedor would hit him.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1969661&page=5

Obsess much?

D241 - 
mchase126 - 

I would think seeing Tim Sylvia 16-0 would stand out more than what you tried to correct.

Where the fuck do you get Rashad out of that? I just thought it was funny to talk about incredible UFC careers and Tim Sylvia w/o even mentioning the guy who is currently widely considered the P4P GOAT, 14-0 in the UFC, 9 title defenses. That is all.

I understand. Like I said, my wording makes it seem like I'm making him to be great solely on his UFC career, which I agree with you, doesn't, and will not match what Anderson Silva has done for a few more years. But where I'm coming from is thus far in his career. I'm sure you already know Anderson caught a few L's before making his UFC run. That's where Jones is on pace to surpass Anderson.

ttt

mchase126 - 
D241 - 
mchase126 - 

Where the fuck do you get Rashad out of that? I just thought it was funny to talk about incredible UFC careers and Tim Sylvia w/o even mentioning the guy who is currently widely considered the P4P GOAT, 14-0 in the UFC, 9 title defenses. That is all.

Not to pick sides, but I read it as "start to careers," not just UFC careers. Anderson came in to the UFC with 4 losses. Sylvia and Jones started off undefeated (minus Jones getting DQed for breaking Hammil's entire body with elbows).

That's just what I assumed he meant.