Why we love Jon Jones

Thank you ^^^ voice of reason. To those who know our history it's easier to assume the correct.

Technically 'we' can be two people, so OP's thread qualified as legit as soon as hecsigned in on his other account to agree with himself.

Joking, relax. Phone Post

I scrolled down so I could post and get in defensive mode.

luckily, as I scrolled down, I saw the disclaimer-Whew   lol

OP is becoming one of my favorite posters.

VTFU Phone Post

Doctor mma -  Rashad was what 16-0 when he lost his first fight, he was also a champion back then. Rashad has as many losses as Bones, and there is one guy who hasnt lost in UFC ever and has been the champion for longest.

There is only one GOAT, that is Spider Silva.

Long live the king, Jones can be his Jester.

Oh, and while the king was looking down, the jester stole his thorny crown. The court room was adjourned. No verdict was returned.

UGCTT_Suess - 

lol - i'm probably in D241's bottom 3 posters on the UG. 

Not at all. Most the times you've disagree'd your argument is good enough to at least understand/respect.

In case any of the newer fans look at fight finder and are under the assumption that Rashad Evans was undefeated when he became champion,

Michael Bisping and Tito Ortiz have something to say about that.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1986509

He's an incredible fighter. Phone Post

It's a bit ironic that in overtaking the most impressive year in mma, during the midst of it, JBJ ran through the guy who previously held that honor(Shogun)

Rashad Evans got a bump on his head

I thought Bones looked less like his dominating self tonight.
Still clearly won. I had it 49-46.
But he looked a bit tentative and lacklustre.

Even with that one comparison, Jones still has the advantage without any steroid scandal

In fairness to me, I made this post/that statemeng April of 2012.  

I have since pulled a 180 on Jon Jones, and now, Jon Jones is the poster boy of a CHEATER.

His accomplishments I tried to give him credit for, are null and void.

I was referred to as a DC fanboy when talking with someone tonight about Jones’ steroid use advantages.  I knew I made this thread and found it to show him I was a Jones fan prior to being a DC fan, but when I saw my comment about how Jones didn’t have any steroid scandal like Tim Sylvia did, I just HAD to bump this thread and admit how incredibly WRONG I was.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/7/7510649/jon-jones-out-of-competition-drug-tests-all-show-abnormal-hormone

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/6dqbhe/why_isnt_jon_jones_testosterone_levels_a_greater/

D241 -

Even with that one comparison, Jones still has the advantage without any steroid scandal

In fairness to me, I made this post/that statemeng April of 2012.  

I have since pulled a 180 on Jon Jones, and now, Jon Jones is the poster boy of a CHEATER.

His accomplishments I tried to give him credit for, are null and void.

I was referred to as a DC fanboy when talking with someone tonight about Jones’ steroid use advantages.  I knew I made this thread and found it to show him I was a Jones fan prior to being a DC fan, but when I saw my comment about how Jones didn’t have any steroid scandal like Tim Sylvia did, I just HAD to bump this thread and admit how incredibly WRONG I was.

Bravo on not being a blind douche fan boy like Conor’s fans 

I too was a Jon fan, D. Still don’t understand the hate I/we get when we point out facts. He has removed himself from GOAT discussion. 

because he is the greatest MMA fighter I have ever seen in my life.

RKing85 - because he is the greatest MMA fighter I have ever seen in my life.

stylebender is the new Jon Jones

Easy to like as a fighter

Difficult to like as a general decent human being

This was delicious. How come you had to do a 180 and fuck it up?!?  Would’ve been so tastier if someone found this. 

-the OG

BostonCharm - 

This was delicious. How come you had to do a 180 and fuck it up?!?  Would’ve been so tastier if someone found this. 

-the OG

I made the post back in 2011.  It is way easier to understand how someone can support Jon Jones and be a fan of his back then before all the shit he did happened.  

I actually made some random people who were arguing through a mutual friend's facebook post change their opinions on Jones.  They thought he was the greatest fighter ever and didn't think steroids played an effort o his success.  

If you speak to people with respect, and moreso put yourself in their shoes letting them know you originally agreed with them, but then share with them what happened that changed your mind, and why, many times they will listen to reason.  I can be pretty guillable at times and I admit I was one of the last people to not see through Jones' facade.