Why were wing chun founders so dumb?

Lol at this stupid shit. Can’t believe it’s still around after the 90’s

Errrrr not good.
Did you see him with the second guy ( the bit bigger boxer ) ? He got jabbed in the face way before he got ANYTHING off, if that was real with no gloves that jab alone would have dropped him.
And this is a guy who obviously knows wc well.
That video is an advert for boxing, shows just how effective boxing is vs traditional shit, I was impressed.
I am shit at wc but I will still give some advice. Keep yourfucking hands up, do not serve up your lead leg on a plate ( your gonna get your knee destroyed ), move your fucking head, learn to wrestle.

Zip it, kid.Learn how to hold your booze.WC is an effective trapping range art w/ some decent low kicks and forward punch structure.

1 Like

Effective ???
I think you have yet to demonstrate that. So far the video evidence has been weak at best.
How about an actual full contact, mma gloves, WC vs professional boxer video ? I would suggest in the ring or in the cage the WC guy is going to get crushed.
But if you could show otherwise I am glad to be proven wrong.

WTF is going on at 3.22 onwards ???

WC guy won’t last a minute with a pro boxer. Boxing is a far superior martial art

1 Like

His imitations of the different fighters at the beginning is gold

Just look at the historical documents

1 Like

Got to admit am def seeing it that way, that video was eye opening ( obviously in totally different way than was intended ). And I used to be gungho TMA dude.
Think will get me some boxing.

1 Like

Which is why the Chinese government HATES Xu Xiaodong for proving beyond a doubt that traditional chinese martial arts are largely bullshit.

They ruined that man just for showing the truth.

3 Likes

I remembered how several MA books and MA magazines like black belt would sell Tai Chi as the “ultimate martial art.” They claimed you can subdue any attacker using internal energy (whatever that is). Tai Chi Chuan was almost always included in most kung-fu schools. It didn’t matter if was a Mantis school or Hung Gar school. They would include Tai Chi into the curriculum.

The advent of MMA/cage fighting cleared up a lot of things. Recently, Xu Xiaodong showed that Tai Chi wasn’t a real combat art but was just an exercise program meant for old people to help lower their blood pressure.

That is exactly what it is, even the sword style is exactly that.
I have NO idea how anybody thinks/thought it was/is a fighting style. Tbh I have a few Chinese friends and had 1 chinese trainer, not one thought TC was anything but exercises for old men and pregnant women.
Now Akido, that is a fucking mystery. That actually claims to be a fighting style when so obviously Japanese TC.

Tai Chi is Yoga for people too stiff to do downward dog

That’s because Ueshiba fucked it up. Aikikai is Ueshiba-worship, basically. Heck, even Steven Segal sort of left the Aikikai and started his own dojo called “TenShin,” which is supposed to be a more modern version.

For Aikido to become somewhat respectable, they need to drop Ueshiba’s bullshit, and implement real techniques from Small-Circle, Aiki-Jujutsu, etc.

I like Tomiki-style Aikido. They changed their styles name to Yoshinkan or Shodokan. I forgot which, but at least they are trying to make Aikido more effective.

Cards on the table I am a Itto-ryu/Niten Ichi-ryu guy ( and yes I know they don’t mix, I just wanted to do it all ) so only looking at the sword work, and sorry that should just be thrown away. Just leave the locks/grappling ( which I think you are refering to ).
Maybe add those locks to kendo, which is much more representative of traditional sword work.
Having said that has to be transferable to armor, so maybe not.
As a stand-up bare hand fighting art, I am sorry, do not wish to offend, can not see any way whatsoever of it being effective no matter how you tweak the art.
Maybe I am wrong but all the vidd have seen have been an akido guy taking a real beating

Hello,

"Instructor of Bruce Lee’s Art and Science of Jun Fan Gung Fu and Jeet Kune Do. That is all that I teach! Why? Because if you have learned this method properly, that is all that you need! I see other Jeet Kune Do Instructors offering several other martial arts with their curriculum. They advertise these other arts as if they are necessary, but are they really? No! They are not! This is just a clever ploy to get as many people through the door as possible. A way to make more money and please more customers! I do not care about any of this!

What I do care about is making sure that I am teaching the authentic fighting methods of the late Bruce Lee, and not just that, but also making sure that those training with me are of the proper mentality, maturity level and morality to deserve to learn what I have to offer!

This is why I operate my school as a private kwoon. You must be personally invited by me in order to become a member, and there are strict rules and regulations of membership that you must be prepared to follow and obey. This is how I see to it that the people who train with me will not abuse or misuse what they are taught. This is my life! This is what I do, and this is all that I do! Doing it right is more important to me than any amount of money! Now, that being said, who wants to learn Jeet Kune Do?"

JEET KUNE DO IS NOT WING CHUN

“There is a lot of confusion in the Jeet Kune Do world these days when it comes to the actual structural composition of Bruce Lee’s martial art. Bruce Lee himself stated that Jeet Kune Do consists primarily of Wing Chun Gung Fu, fencing and boxing (in that order). While Wing Chun Gung Fu forms the very foundation structure of Bruce Lee’s martial art, there are groups that tend to downplay, or outright deny, the importance of Wing Chun within the art of Jeet Kune Do. Not only is it important, but absolutely necessary in order for what you are doing to actually be Jeet Kune Do. There are others who say that Jeet Kune Do is just an advanced form of Wing Chun Gung Fu. It is far more than that. While Wing Chun Gung Fu does indeed form the structural foundation of Jeet Kune Do, Jeet Kune Do is NOT Wing Chun!”

Where did you get those quotes from?

Grandmaster Lamar m Davis III.
Anyone that knows even the simplest facts about jkd would recognize that immediately

2 Likes